Awoo.

Sonic Mania and Forces on YouTube Live @ E3.

Radiant Hero Ike

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

Hmm. Perhaps the magician (?) Heavy is the boss of Mirage Saloon after all, as someone (sorry, I forget who) suggested back in the megathread.

The one in the portraits could be the leader

The one in the portraits is definitely the leader.  It's in the centre of every cast line-up of the Hard-Boiled Heavies, is designed to resemble Eggman, and has a crown motif on its chest.

9RQzjD0.png

Actually, it's increasingly clear that the HBH are too important to be merely the minibosses of new zones.  I imagine now that the miniboss fights will be effectively them on their own, and the bosses of new zones will be each of them piloting an Eggman robot, like the Eggrobo in Knuckles's story in S3&K.  This could tie into the hinted narrative of them going rogue in some fashion.

46 minutes ago, FFWF said:

The one in the portraits is definitely the leader.  It's in the centre of every cast line-up of the Hard-Boiled Heavies, is designed to resemble Eggman, and has a crown motif on its chest.

9RQzjD0.png

Actually, it's increasingly clear that the HBH are too important to be merely the minibosses of new zones.  I imagine now that the miniboss fights will be effectively them on their own, and the bosses of new zones will be each of them piloting an Eggman robot, like the Eggrobo in Knuckles's story in S3&K.  This could tie into the hinted narrative of them going rogue in some fashion.

Perhaps it's Eggman in a costume. What a twist!

• Thumbs Up 2

...You know, that honestly doesn't strike me as impossible.  The four Hard-Boiled Heavies think Eggman is too weak as a human, so after one of his defeats they trap him inside a Badnik so that he'll become more effective, and he becomes the fifth Hard-Boiled Heavy.  Obviously not a permanent condition, but it would add an interesting wrinkle to the game's limited plot.  The most I was imagining was him coming in in the final level and swatting the Heavies with his final boss mech.

I wonder if they'll go ahead and announce the news in the next hour or not. Nintendo's going to be dominating the headlines in 3 hours, so it would be smart to do it now so it's not lost in the shuffle. 

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2017/06/13/6-minutes-of-sonic-mania-gameplay-of-sonic-tales-and-knuckles-e3-2017

IGN uploaded some gameplay which has the Green Hill Act 2 and boss music. Unfortunately they keep getting one ups, invincibility and speed shoes interrupting the Act 2 music. 

Also shown is the character select screen and if I'm not mistaken slightly updated music for Mirage Saloon. 

25 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Also, looks like collecting the combi ring powerup plays a new sound effect and changes the HUD to blue

19184382_1964627587156168_53532967_n.png

perfect!

Thank God. That was totally neccessary.

By the way, not really lovin' the act 2 boss music. Sounds like party. I loved the classics' epic tone.

With renowned quotes such as "Green Hill in Sonic 2",  If anyone understands their Sonic craft, you can bet your money it's IGN.

But anyway, noticed the pause menu was changed up. The Character Select and overall presentation is looking oh so slick.

GHZ Act 2 from what I can make out of sounds really good, too. It's got a real "good future" vibe going on with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

"Oh man! This green hill mu-*(1up!) *(Invincibility!)*

That boss theme really screams "Eggman is back!" 

Mirage saloon sounds sexy af.

so, okay, I love how the lead keyboard instrument in this boss theme is a clear musical allusion to Space Queens and the Mega Drive 3D Blast boss music? Like???? Tee Lopes??? You're on some next level shit right now. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Just in case anybody missed it, he footage was uploaded to gameslice (The channel that was doing the YT@E3 Streams)'s YouTube channel in all it's 2160p 4K Glory.

41 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Forces is getting the big press push right now. Mania should be getting it's turn soon. 

Any idea what stream to watch to get Mania news?

12 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Any idea what stream to watch to get Mania news?

No clue. But there is news as well as some new key art coming. That's all we know. 

Finally, full footage of the stage that isn't cut off by freaking 
Aaron's Webber's annoying bull crap... 

The E3 demo stage selection is literally nothing we haven't seen before. There's even less stages than in older builds.  It's just Green Hill and Mirage Saloon Act 2. Would it have killled them to have at least Chemical Plant in there?

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

The E3 demo stage selection is literally nothing we haven't seen before. There's even less stages than in older builds.  It's just Green Hill and Mirage Saloon Act 2. Would it have killled them to have at least Chemical Plant in there?

I was surprised to see that as well, but it may make sense  just under the surface.  My guess is that they wanted both zone acts to be fairly easy to navigate and enjoy! 

With the game release coming so soon I think maybe this specific selection of two acts is to make sure not to discourage people who are just trying it for the first time.

I think the Mania team, as Sonic fans and having watched playthroughs of previewed games over the years, wished to be trying to meet players who are potentially really unfamiliar with how to navigate and interact with a 2D Sonic zone halfway. ^_^:) 

This way there may not be an undue amount of videos of people struggling to pass through the zones, instead hopefully many of people simply enjoying them! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

While its nothing new, I am pretty sure this is the first time Green Hill Act 2 and Mirage Saloon Act 2 were made playable to the public (as opposed to be secluded by the press). Previous public builds were Green Hill Act 1 and Studiopolis Act 1, if I recall correctly.

With that said, I too was expecting more playable levels in the E3 build. I can largely let it slide though, since we don't have to wait too long for the game's release.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Gabe said:

While its nothing new, I am pretty sure this is the first time Green Hill Act 2 and Mirage Saloon Act 2 were made playable to the public (as opposed to be secluded by the press). Previous public builds were Green Hill Act 1 and Studiopolis Act 1, if I recall correctly.

With that said, I too was expecting more playable levels in the E3 build. I can largely let it slide though, since we don't have to wait too long for the game's release.

Mm, there were 4 TVs at the booth. Two of em had GHZ Act II and Mirage Saloon Zone Act I, and the other had GHZ I and Studiopolis. I believe the former had multiple characters, not sure about the other one. I think it was just the old build.