Awoo.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (10/27/17 - XB1, PS4, PC | 2018 - Switch)

Polkadi~☆

An exhilarating adventure brought to life by the industry-leading id Tech 6, Wolfenstein II sends players to Nazi-controlled America on a mission to recruit the boldest resistance leaders left. Fight the Nazis in iconic locations such as small-town Roswell, New Mexico, the flooded streets of New Orleans, and a post-nuclear Manhattan. Equip an arsenal of badass guns, and unleash new abilities to blast your way through legions of advanced Nazi soldiers, cyborgs, and über soldiers in this definitive first-person shooter.

America, 1961. Your assassination of Nazi General Deathshead was a short-lived victory. Despite the setback, the Nazis maintain their stranglehold on the world. You are BJ Blazkowicz, aka “Terror-Billy,” member of the Resistance, scourge of the Nazi empire, and humanity’s last hope for liberty. Only you have the guts, guns, and gumption to return stateside, kill every Nazi in sight, and spark the second American Revolution.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will release on October 27, 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, and in 2018 for the Nintendo Switch.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game was easily the most interesting one in the entire Bethesda conference for me. I especially liked the TV show stuff at the start; I think it's just really cool to see things like that in alternative history games - much more than just Swastikas draped over the White House or whatever. Very much made me want to watch The Man in the High Castle.

Anyway, the game looks nuts. Super fun gunplay all over the shop, a fresh new setting that could prove reminiscent in a fucked up way of the Fallout games, Da'at Yichud technology seeing lots of use, etc. It's nice to see the developers haven't lost their sense of humor, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Basic summary of the game so far:

"William, we're having kids! Twins!"

"That's great, Anya!" *loads rifle* "Really great."

"What are you doing?"

"Our kids shouldn't grow up in a world filled with Nazis. So I'm gonna kill 'em all."

Blazkowicz is father of the century.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...

So, guess what was announced for the Nintendo Switch alongside DOOM?

Bethesda is really pulling out the stops for third-party support. Eat your heart out, Capcom.

I would find this interesting if Hitler ends up being a boss in the game much like in the original Wolf3D, considering that by this point in time during the "Return" timeline, Hitler has lived beyond 1945, the year he died in real world history.  Perhaps it would be interesting if this final battle with Hitler mirrors the final battle from the original and he ends up calling out "Eva... Auf Wiedersehen..." before collapsing in a pool of his own blood with Blazkowicz smugly saying "Seig heil, huh?  More like 'Sieg Hell'."

On 19/09/2017 at 2:24 PM, Tailikku said:

Perhaps it would be interesting if this final battle with Hitler mirrors the final battle from the original and he ends up calling out "Eva... Auf Wiedersehen..." before collapsing in a pool of his own blood with Blazkowicz smugly saying "Seig heil, huh?  More like 'Sieg Hell'."

That sounds like a line that would more likely come out of a Duke Nukem game than the current Wolfensteins 

9 hours ago, Scott said:

That sounds like a line that would more likely come out of a Duke Nukem game than the current Wolfensteins 

Actually...

wolf3d-ep03-end-01.png

So really, Duke was pulling a Blazkowicz seeing as Apogee/3D Realms published the orignal

Blazowicz muttering "Nazi scum" over Hitler's body would be enough for me.

But I don't think we'll be seeing Hitler. Wouldn't he be in Germany, not America?

On 22/09/2017 at 2:09 AM, Tailikku said:

Actually...

wolf3d-ep03-end-01.png

So really, Duke was pulling a Blazkowicz seeing as Apogee/3D Realms published the orignal

On 21/09/2017 at 4:08 PM, Scott said:

Read it again...I said current. I could accept it in the original, being the 90's & all :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The release is very close...

With a peek at something very special!

I really need to play the first Wolfenstein, only because I love these sort of alternate history stories/games. The trailers for this sequel got me interested too, especially the tv stuff. I think this one is my favourite! 

Is it bad that I actually want to watch this? 8D

image.png.551b3830b802ea91b08e53b462c5a3f5.png

The alternate Nazi America entertainment stuff is fucking inspired lmao. The Illegal Eagle? I love it so much.

What a surreal far flung alternate reality when there's Nazis in the white house