Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

DCIFzT-XcAIWT5t.jpg

3qOiwJF.gif

Okaaay. So this apparently is more so "Sonic Dimensions than Generations" since apparently it's not the same classic Sonic from Generations..........wow. Talk about a writer's saving throw stretched to Technicality Land.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

DCIFzT-XcAIWT5t.jpg

Welp. We now have in-game dialog saying it. So Classic Sonic is now from another dimension confirmed?

I'm all for the Egg Dragoon coming back so long as its the only recycled boss in the game. It's a nice parallel to the Death Egg Robot coming back in Mania's GHZ. ...Boy, Eggman sure wants to take Sonic out early in these games.

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Welp. We now have in-game dialog saying it. So Classic Sonic is from now from another dimension confirmed?

Nope, it's apparently a different Classic Sonic. Not the same one from Generations.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Nope, it's apparently a different Classic Sonic. Not the same one from Generations.

Nothing says it's a different one or the same one far as I know.

Just now, Mayor D said:

The UI is a complete mess. 

Random black boxes everywhere and the radio takes up way too much space.

DCIFIpyXoAErucQ.jpg

Eh, aside from the Boost gauge looking awkward, I'm not seeing it, man.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Nothing says it's a different one or the same one far I know.

The fact that this one's referred to as being from another dimension while the one in Generations is regarded as Sonic's younger self.

can we just cut classic sonic, the worst parts of this game are comming from him

also why wont they show modern sonic????? At all???? Just one full level???? His gameplay looks the best 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

The fact that this one's referred to as being from another dimension while the one in Generations is regarded as Sonic's younger self.

Or Sonic Team likely just changed their minds? They do it all the time.

I'm actually warming up to this game. Because they're doing what Generations didn't, for a change, they're actually mixing things up with the time travel plot, instead of just making it a straightforward ''beat the remastered levels until the game is over'' deal. It feels more like a Crisis Crossover of the entire franchise.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Or Sonic Team likely just changed their minds? They do it all the time.

Well, I'm going off of what the game's themselves said.

And hey, this being a different classic Sonic, does apparently fit in with the idea that this isn't Gens 2, so eh, no contradictions on that one observation.

"This looks like Sonic Adventure, will there be Chao?"

At first I was like, bitch what, but then I was like, oh yeah, Sonic Adventure 2 is pretty linear, lol.

Oh, and good, characters talk during the stage. That concept that everyone loved in Heroes and Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

honey

Actions and what the games themselves actually show speak louder than words. Or are you also buying the whole "moon" deal because that's what Sonic Team themselves said? :P

Um. Yeah. I'll be skipping this game. While it's not as bad as I origionally thought, it's like they continued from Generations without really improving on its shortcomings and in some cases (the chatter) doubling down on it.

Guess it's just Mania for me.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyans said:

That concept that everyone loved in Heroes and Sonic Boom.

Now, let's not exaggerate for the sake of  jab. I mean, yeah, Heroes' dialogue was for the most part well-received, but there's no need to jest with an intentional hyperbole to make it seem like it wasn't.

Boom's, I'll admit, is a bit of a different story though. It was hit and miss.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Actions and what the games themselves actually show speak louder than words. Or are you also buying the whole "moon" deal because that's what Sonic Team themselves said? :P

just saying

you're putting far more effort into understanding the chronology of the sonic franchise than sonic team has 

unless you wanna sit down and discuss how blaze remembers crisis city in sonic generations while her bio says she's from another dimension ala Rush, assuming that one counts too.

I think it looks pretty meh, but I bought Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06, so why stop now?

Well, looks like the E3 mayhem it starting early. I wonder what that YouTube spot tommorrow is going to be like? Complete playthroughs of the three demo stages, plus some Sonic Mania?

Either way, it sounds like the demo kiosks will allow people to play all three different characters in Sonic Forces. So we should be getting some good shaky-cam footage over the next couple of days.

• Thumbs Up 2