Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

So...Classic Sonic is now from another dimension. Funny how this was never mentioned

Both being from the past and an alternate dimension are both serviceable explanations, but it is very bizarre how they're suddenly retconning that at this point. I did recall hearing a very, very long time ago the classic Sonic games were in some kind of alternate continuity from them modern ones but that could just be a bunch of bunk.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Paaaaaaaa said:

I did recall hearing a very, very long time ago the classic Sonic games were in some kind of alternate continuity from them modern ones but that could just be a bunch of bunk.

Come on. That interview only came out yesterday. :P Nah, but I think that's where it was stated.

1 minute ago, Terriful said:

Come on. That interview only came out yesterday. :P Nah, but I think that's where it was stated.

Nah, this was like, years ago. But like I said, that could just be nonsense. This entire game is a series of out of left field choices and this retcon in particular is one of the most bizarre due to how specific it is

• Thumbs Up 1

The instant the first Forces trailer came out people were already putting Shadow in their thumbnails.

As if anyone thought he wouldn't be in the game.

Well, not that guy apparently.

Just now, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The instant the first Forces trailer came out people were already putting Shadow in their thumbnails.

As if anyone thought he wouldn't be in the game.

Well, not that guy apparently.

Indeed. Silver was confirmed to be in it a while ago. I can't imagine Sonic Team putting Silver in a Sonic game without Shadow. Now I'm just hoping for Blaze to show up.

Every time I look at the game showcases with Aaron it always looks like he's much more enthusiastic and confident about Mania than he's been about Forces. It's sad to see but it sure looks like he knows which one looks better and which one people care about.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Paaaaaaaa said:

So...Classic Sonic is now from another dimension. Funny how this was never mentioned

Both being from the past and an alternate dimension are both serviceable explanations, but it is very bizarre how they're suddenly retconning that at this point. I did recall hearing a very, very long time ago the classic Sonic games were in some kind of alternate continuity from them modern ones but that could just be a bunch of bunk.

Maybe there's now two C. Sonicii just like the two Blazeii? 

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

Indeed. Silver was confirmed to be in it a while ago. I can't imagine Sonic Team putting Silver in a Sonic game without Shadow. Now I'm just hoping for Blaze to show up.

As a useless NPC that will only serve as background rambling fan service?

Kind of a hollow bit of satisfaction but hey. I guess it's technically SOMETHING getting to see her in a game and hear her.

-Edit-

This isn't a shot at you by the way, sorry if it seems that way, this is a shot at the game. Typing is hard to interpret when you can't hear the tone of the person. Just pointing that out D-K.

-Edit 2-

So we have the same stage, same assets, same enemies, Green Hill, TWO of the same bosses, AND the same victory animations... There's so much recycling going on you'd think they're trying to stop global warming.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

The results screen for Sonic Forces.

It's...unique?

I personally quite like it, it's a nice break from the usual "standing on last part of the level" trend.

IMG_20170612_203029.jpg

Reminds me of sonic rush.

5 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

It's...unique?

I personally quite like it, it's a nice break from the usual "standing on last part of the level" trend.

IMG_20170612_203029.jpg

Ain't no Persona 5

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Ain't no Persona 5

No but then what is, other than Persona 5?

Really loving the very, very low delay with the homing attack. Gives Sonic much more flow.

(Footage starts at around 2:57, homing attacks 3:09)

EDIT: replaced video link with a new one, original got removed for whatever reason.

• Thumbs Up 6

35 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

It's...unique?

IMG_20170612_203029.jpg

I wasn't aware that this was a "trend"...but hey, this looks pretty positive.

54 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

It's...unique?

IMG_20170612_203029.jpg

It strangely reminds me of Papers Please for some reason. Must be the color choice.

I couldn't quite put my finger on what the colors were reminding me of until it finally hit me that Sonic looks like he's about to guest star on the self-titled album of Them Crooked Vultures.

517fG1WXh7L.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I was thinking more along the line of those Che Guevara posters. It fits with the whole revolutionary theme Forces has going:

che-guevara_2337.PNG

¡Viva la revolución!

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, ZinogreVolt said:

It's...unique?

IMG_20170612_203029.jpg

It's functional. Not very impressive, or very good, but it's at the very least functional. Kind of representative of this whole game frankly.

That's actually really cool. And not just a passive "This is fine" kind of cool like I've been doing. I really love that design aesthetic. Could use a tad bit more flare, sure, but it's neat looking.

It does feel like it's missing something though. Not sure what.

Maybe it needs a nice big, fat Eggman symbol behind it.

Image result for eggman sonic universe 63 cover

• Thumbs Up 5

Eggman doesn't seem like the guy to use Symbols. Everything is a blank slate, it doesn't tell you anything...which for the way he's going about things is a good.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Eggman doesn't seem like the guy to use Symbols. Everything is a blank slate, it doesn't tell you anything...which for the way he's going about things is a good.

Eggman plasters his symbol everywhere. 

Even at the bottom of his pool.

300px-SonicAdventure_EggCarrierPool2.png

1 hour ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Eggman not using symbols? The guy puts his giant grin on everything.

Anyway....So we had 4 video's of new footage, 3 of them in 2d and in brand new locations, one of them in 3d in the exact same stretch of road we've already seen.
I don't like what this is implying about the 2d to 3d Ratio of this game....

I agree. Even though I'm trying my hardest to remember that everything we're analyzing is essentially first level stuff, it's kind of hard to have faith in the abundance of actual 3D nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 3