Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

3 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Eggman not using symbols? The guy puts his giant grin on everything.

Anyway....So we had 4 video's of new footage, 3 of them in 2d and in brand new locations, one of them in 3d in the exact same stretch of road we've already seen.
I don't like what this is implying about the 2d to 3d Ratio of this game....

I saw WAY more 2D than 3D in that Modern Sonic stage. With the budget for Sonic likely crashing into nothingness after the blunders that were BOOM as a whole and LW I guess we should've expected a new boost game to have even more 2D focus than anything.

You can only do so much with so little, hence, as I said, there's so much recycling in Forces it's like a jab at global warming.

Which is in itself a joke about Forces considering all that's happening in-game.

Going just on what we've seen so far, it seems about the same amount of 2D as Colours.

I'm not really bothered by it. I'd prefer more / entirely 3D but it's not a dealbreaker or anything.

Clark Kent the Buddy is slowly turning into one of the nerds from Saved by the Bell in every new image released.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

Has tgis been posted yet?

YO!!

...No they're not really new, they follow pretty typical stances/poses just with altered tweaks to this and that.

It'd be nice if they used more hand drawn stuff for promotional material, Sonic Team isn't Nibroc Rock, their ad renders stay consistently stiff/generic.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is going to sound really dumb, but like...

Okay, that OC looks so much like a DeviantArt OC that he sticks out to the point that it ruins what is otherwise an actually really cool poster.  I mean, it's not like Sonic and friends are exactly the pinnacle of badass or anything, but like... just the OC being there is making me fall out of my chair laughing.  I'm literally crying, jfc.

59 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

I was thinking more along the line of those Che Guevara posters. It fits with the whole revolutionary theme Forces has going:

che-guevara_2337.PNG

¡Viva la revolución!

You know, I'm not sure why that thought didn't actually cross my mind.  It seems like a more obvious choice, in retrospect.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Tara said:

This is going to sound really dumb, but like...

Okay, that OC looks so much like a DeviantArt OC that he sticks out to the point that it ruins what is otherwise an actually really cool poster.  I mean, it's not like Sonic and friends are exactly the pinnacle of badass or anything, but like... just the OC being there is making me fall out of my chair laughing.  I'm literally crying, jfc.

They're probably at the end of their rope. Appealing to DeviantArt fans is as desperate as appealing to SA3 fans to save themselves from likely reverting back to a totally 2D franchise at this rate. It's just a single step above the later.

So the objective of the Custom Hero in Green Hill is to stop the Crab Sentinel from leaving and reaching Chemical Plant.

Does that mean that the Chemical Plant Zone is now one of the HQs for the "Resistence"?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

They're probably at the end of their rope. Appealing to DeviantArt fans is as desperate as appealing to SA3 fans to save themselves from likely reverting back to a totally 2D franchise at this rate. It's just a single step above the later.

What are you even talking about?????

• Thumbs Up 7

The avatar GHZ looked enjoyable enough. The setting shift set it apart from classic Sonic's stage fairly handily, and the game-play itself kept an even enough pace to still feel like a Sonic game by pushing the pace. I was surprised to see them show off what was essentially a 2D level (like we don't have enough concerns about 3D vs 2D balance). It is interesting to see the Avatar play around in both Park Avenue and GHZ. Does that mean his stages will follow both Sonics? Will all three engage in every location? 2 out of the 3? Who knows.

I will say I wasn't surprised by the crab bot chase sequence. A game like this will probably fall back on set pieces like that quite a bit as little ways that you can "show off" your character during gameplay. Spots where the camera can get in tight and show your character doing cool things. Screen-grab bait if you will. I don't mind that kind of automation. It'll be neat for those people that the CaC system was designed for.

Can't wait for someone to upload the rest of Park Avenue modern. I wanna see what they do with Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

What are you even talking about?????

@Tara mentioned the DeviantArt esque OC in the poster and I brought up my thoughts as to why the whole OC thing is even a thing in the first place.

Not hard to grasp my friend.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

@Tara mentioned the DeviantArt esque OC in the poster and I brought up my thoughts as to why the whole OC thing is even a thing in the first place.

Not hard to grasp my friend.

*Sigh*

Again with the overly patronizing tone. Doesn't do you much favors.

Anyway, the exaggeration and hyperbole misses the mark so much that it takes away from the cohesiveness of your claims.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Again woth the overly patronizing tone. Doesn't do you much favors. Anyway, the exaggeration and hyperbole misses the mark so much that it takes away from the cohesiveness of your claims.

Not really sure why you insist on responding to me so much in the first place when more often than not it's just to point out some issue with me or what I say. You rarely if ever seem to like my comments so ignoring me seems the best choice, simple as that.

6 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The avatar GHZ looked enjoyable enough. The setting shift set it apart from classic Sonic's stage fairly handily, and the game-play itself kept an even enough pace to still feel like a Sonic game by pushing the pace. I was surprised to see them show off what was essentially a 2D level (like we don't have enough concerns about 3D vs 2D balance). It is interesting to see the Avatar play around in both Park Avenue and GHZ. Does that mean his stages will follow both Sonics? Will all three engage in every location? 2 out of the 3? Who knows.

I will say I wasn't surprised by the crab bot chase sequence. A game like this will probably fall back on set pieces like that quite a bit as little ways that you can "show off" your character during gameplay. Spots where the camera can get in tight and show your character doing cool things. Screen-grab bait if you will. I don't mind that kind of automation. It'll be neat for those people that the CaC system was designed for.

Can't wait for someone to upload the rest of Park Avenue modern. I wanna see what they do with Shadow.

I will admit that I enjoyed the Crab Chase moment. It was pretty cool and actually made me somewhat like the OC decision whereas most other things have turned me off from the idea. If the game keeps showing content like that it wouldn't be hard to warm up to the OC all the further, but if all the stages have to show are a line of enemies everywhere just waiting to flame throw... Ehh...

8 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

You rarely if ever seem to like my comments so ignoring me seems the best choice, simple as that.

Please tell me you're not basing things on how much people like them like last time when you based someone's credibility on how many likes they had. I critique, analyze, debate and whatnot. I don't simply ignore. Whatevs.

3 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Looks like quick time events are back. I don't know how to feel about it exactly.

Eh? What and where was that shown?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

I will admit that I enjoyed the Crab Chase moment. It was pretty cool and actually made me somewhat like the OC decision whereas most other things have turned me off from the idea. If the game keeps showing content like that it wouldn't be hard to warm up to the OC all the further, but if all the stages have to show are a line of enemies everywhere just waiting to flame throw... Ehh...

The Park Avenue footage we got from before does a bit more to show off more diversity in the gameplay. That GHZ stage looked an awful lot like a "first stage". Simple jumps, straightforward course with minimal usage of the CaC arsenal.

In the 40 seconds or so of Park Avenue, we saw much greater usage of secondary gadgets like the grappling hook, we got more enemy variety from the screenshots (including what is likely to be a small scale chase sequence / interceptor model) and we got actual 3D stuff. There we still plenty of trashmobs to blowtorch into oblivion, but there was at least a good deal of other stuff to balance it out.

Its also worth noting that the Burst wisp is probably the most offensively minded wisp in the series this side of the special Bomb wisp, so there is nothing to say that the other wispons may lack a bit in firepower department. Those trashmob lines might have to be tackled differently if your rocking a cube or a hover wispon.

All and all I'm not about to get panicked about any of that yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Eh? What and where was that shown?

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Please tell me you're not basing things on how much people like them like last time when you based someone's credibility on how many likes they had. I critique, analyze, debate and whatnot. I don't simply ignore. Whatevs.

Not at all. I only mean to say if you generally dislike what I say and find it annoying in some form, simply ignore me. I'm not trying to take any sort of shot at you, I just mean to say to save yourself the trouble and have fun discussing other things currently being discussed rather than spotting me out of the bunch. I'm just a spot on the wall my friend.

6 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Looks like quick time events are back. I don't know how to feel about it exactly.

I am probably in the minority here, I'll admit but...

For some reason I've always enjoyed the Quick Time stuff, liked it in Black Knight and really loved it in Unleashed during that final boss, it adds a unique epic sensation.

But... Again, might just be one of the few I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Tara said:

@Jovahexeon Joranvexeon @Chris Knopps How about we not start an argument here, thanks?

Not my intention at all, apologies.

That tall render looks pretty nice. Classic Sonic stands out a bit much, but otherwise I'm liking the composition.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

It's always a coin flip on how well QTE's are implemented. So long as they aren't stupidly long or result in insta-kills it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Its worth noting that you interact with Mr. Giant Enemy Crab throughout the entire level. He impedes your progress a bit. His physical form makes up quite a few of the stage hazards and you can see him advancing in the background as you move up the stage. Not only does this potentially do wonders for integrating story to push stages (something the series lacks lately) but it adds a sense of urgency and alertness to the player, much in the way the GUN truck did during Gens classic City Escape. It shouldn't be long before those background constructs are integrated fully into the foreground. Having them destroy platforms, take pop-shots and generally make the players life a little more miserable is the obvious next step for stage 3, 6, 9 ect.

Furthermore, and more importantly, this speaks volumes about what we can expect from other large robots - namely those Death Egg Robo's wreakn' up the city in the background. This almost guarantee's that we'll be seeing them pop up as living, breathing parts of some of the levels, and not just fancy decorations in the background. Looking forward to that.

• Thumbs Up 9

11 minutes ago, Tara said:

I can't believe Aaron Webber managed to resist the urge to call it a "giant enemy crab."

I bet he's kicking himself now. XP

One thing that I noticed previously but stuck out to me when watching the footage again is that the boost doesn't seem to attract Rings anymore. They don't charge the boost gauge or anything this time around but this still surprises me I guess?

Really curious what's happening tomorrow. Aaron said there would be Forces news, right? I have no idea what it could possibly be since we seem to know everything that's in the E3 demo...maybe a full run of Park Avenue and there's a surprise of some kind at the end??

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Celestia said:

One thing that I noticed previously but stuck out to me when watching the footage again is that the boost doesn't seem to attract Rings anymore. They don't charge the boost gauge or anything this time around but this still surprises me I guess?

This is likely because the OC has that ability if it's a certain species (don't remember which one), so it would make Sonic OP if he also had that ability.

Not that that's ever stopped them, but I mean, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Thumbs Up 1