Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

3 minutes ago, doctorbenMD said:

Any chance that Sega will wide-release the demo maybe on Sonic's birthday? 

Pretty much none based on 2 main reasons:
- SEGA hasn't done it in quite some time
- wide-releasing demos is pretty asking for the game to be spoiled from data-miners

It would be cool if we had the demo, but it probably won't happen.

Lookin' good - as Vector would say.

Also, why do I hear Amy in Charmy's voice? Is it just me?

Why do I get the feeling the death egg is gonna return?

You know what would be sick? A battle with a giant silver sonic.

Edited by Acoolsonicfan

Oh thank god, the explosions aren't obnoxiously loud anymore.

Although on another sound design note, I chuckled at the spring poles having the same sound effect as, well, springs.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh look finally a classic-esque boss theme that I like. Took them long enough.

At least the Eggman boss music actually sounds like it could come from a Mega Drive Sonic game. At the same time, it just sounds so non-threatening to me, especially when Eggman whips out the Egg Dragoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Upon further watching of the footage... why does literally everything except the classic sonic stuff look good.

Like, how can two thirds of this game be actually alright and one third of it be excessively shit in every single way. Did they accidentally drop a chunk of the bar whilst raising the rest of it or something?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

At least the Eggman boss music actually sounds like it could come from a Mega Drive Sonic game. At the same time, it just sounds so non-threatening to me, especially when Eggman whips out the Egg Dragoon.

At least it's not gay circus music. *shrudders*

48 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

That boss music. Only mildly less cat-atonic than Sonic 4, wow. I mean, it's better than the music in the level that preceded it, I guess? 

RIGHT NOW I REALIIIIIIZE

I CAN DO IT IF I TRYYYYYYYYYY

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ayliffe said:

Here's footage of the Forces gameplay from IGN's stream, sans the people talking over it! Thanks IGN!

EDIT: Since IGN prob knows how awful their video player is, they've also put it on their youtube! 

Ta lads!

I dig everything I see here, gameplay looks strong, Egg Dragoon looks sick and dat music is wonderful. I'm more excited now.

Also, did anyone else notice how the avatar character can lock onto things like springs and enemies with the grappling hook? Looks pretty sweet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I couldn't stop smiling throughout that video. The boss looked pretty fun, if not way too easy. The music had this kinda cutesy yet action-y feel to it, I liked it. Custom character looks better than the initial video, and their music is good too. And they've got QTEs! That was one of my favorite parts in Unleashed. I hope Modern gets some. Speaking of him, his stage looks very, very fun. And the music made my hair stand up once it got to the, uh... There's a term for it, but I don't remember. If it had lyrics I guess it'd be the chorus?

Well, anyways. I'll have a chance to play it once E3 opens up today. I'm very, very excited.

This game makes me feel like a kid agaim, back when I wasn't so negative all the time. It's so nostalgic, even the original stuff. It just has this Adventure style feel to it, tone-wise.

• Thumbs Up 3

So if you listen closely in that Modern Sonic stage, the music sorta changes when Sonic uses the boost. That's kinda a neat touch to the gameplay imo...

1 hour ago, Ayliffe said:

EDIT: Since IGN prob knows how awful their video player is, they've also put it on their youtube! 

Ta lads!

Hot take: Sonic Forces looks pretty fun

And people still think this will be terrible...

1427642517526.jpg

Anyway here's my thoughts.

-As someone who greatly prefers Adventure gameplay, I'm actually ok with Boost for once on this. Only because they atleast seem to be improving on it.

-The visuals are GORGEOUS!

-The music is soooooooooooooo GOOD!!!

-The dialogue is pretty good and ain't so cringeworthy.

As someone who was already hyped for game, this already delivered the extra coal for my hype train!

• Thumbs Up 5

This is definitely looking better than it was earlier, I'll say that much. Glad to see the characters at least showing up this time around. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a lot I actually like about the footage. I've really warmed to the game's overall concept—Eggman conquering the world and Sonic having to form a resistance with his friends, but there's still a lot that I find baffling.

The so-called Avatar stage looks like just a new attempt at unnecessary padding through a random gimmick literally nobody asked for. I know SEGA has gotten flack for other playable characters, but I really wish they gave us the option instead to use Tails, Knuckles, or maybe even other friends in the non-Sonic stage. Why do we need some random OC Do Not Steal using Wisps when Tails, Knuckles, and other characters could serve the same purpose?

My lord the classic gameplay looks dreadful. I don't like the custom character either, like at all.

Modern Sonic looks nice though. The way I'm feeling at the moment, let Sonic Team just keep doing modern Sonic. Over and over and over and over. It doesn't matter anymore. Make the game 20 minutes long if you have to I don't care (not likely though they'd probably force in some second wheel garbage instead of just making Tails or Knuckles playable). Just let them keep doing that. It's all they're good for atm. Adventure fans tend to be the ones most willing to bend, so I'm alright with completely giving up hope there will ever be full 3d gameplay akin to that ever again. It's fun to just blast around without thinking and avoiding obstacles at high speed. It's a different kind of fun to what I'd prefer Sonic be, but I still enjoy it. Especially taking character mods into account.

Isn't that fucking sad though. Look at the custom characters level. Still either blocky 2d platforming or a hallway with quickstep sections. Can you imagine if instead of this trash oqZpw8W.png

We got to play as Blaze or Knuckles or Shadow or Espio or some shit? They're sticking to the same level design philosophy as Modern Sonic anyway, so why are they trying so hard to avoid characters people actually like?

Whatever. Keep Taxman and Stealth and continue to make 2D games forever. They don't even have to stick with pixel games just let them keep doing their thing. And allow Sonic Team to at least keep making modern Sonic as he is and release it on PC so people can mod it. Honestly just stick with these 2 things and I think we'll be alright. 

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Here's footage of the Forces gameplay from IGN's stream, sans the people talking over it! Thanks IGN!

Ta lads!

Terrible music for the Classic boss further showing the game is desperately trying to tell you "It's not that dark!!!" in whatever manner it can.

When characters are talking you can barely hear them because the music and/or sound effects don't lower during their talking, bad programming.

Still can't stand hearing Eggman yammer on due to bad characterization/lines.

Why.

Why is Zavok back.

Nobody wanted Zavok back.

And why is Chaos there as if he's just some generic villain?

I mean. Who thought this was a good Idea? Surely. Surely they want to make a new game right?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk