Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

Wait people think Chemical Plant's returning in Forces? I just figured it was a throw away line

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ShroomZed said:

I felt empty watching that. There is absolutely no soul here. 

Honestly it feels like the companion piece to Marvel vs. Capcom infinite.

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

just saying

you're putting far more effort into understanding the chronology of the sonic franchise than sonic team has 

Yes, and I take pride in that!

5jRKg83.gif

(Help me, dear god!)

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

unless you wanna sit down and discuss how blaze remembers crisis city in sonic generations, assuming that one counts too.

Maybe some day, old friend. But this isn't the thread for it.

Well, okay:

Spoiler

guessing that the Time Eater bringing back Crisis City ignited memories in her (that one's left up for debate with how vague it is).

Any further discussion, I guess we could discuss in the 06 thread for old times' sake, eh?B)

Twitch is being complete trash on me and not allowing me to even watch a few seconds without it buffering, but those screens seem fine to me. If the footage ever gets to Youtube, or Twitch decides to cooperate, I'll have a bit more to say.

1 minute ago, Balding Spider said:

Honestly it feels like the companion piece to Marvel vs. Capcom infinite.

3AcPhRR.gif

Ughhhhh! Any news on whether or not that rumor is confirmed yet?

21 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

DCIDn0zUIAEobJV.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I cannot find a decent image of the world map from Sonic Unleashed.

So... which looks better?

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

3AcPhRR.gif

Ughhhhh! Any news on whether or not that rumor is confirmed yet?

Nothing I've come across yet. Though I've been mostly busy being in awe of ARC kicking down Capcpoms door, taking their lunch and eating it in front of them to really search.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Wait people think Chemical Plant's returning in Forces?

Yes

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Any further discussion, I guess we could discuss in the 06 thread for old times' sake, eh?B)

Nah

Anyway, seeing the Egg Dragoon pop out just like that was pretty cool, but then when the fight starts, it's a bit underwhelming. Just throwing rocks.

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

I cannot find a decent image of the world map from Sonic Unleashed.

So... which looks better?

You should at least note that the Sonic Forces image doesn't even name the levels in question, meaning that this demo version is deliberately obscuring information. It makes me think that even the planet itself is being obscured by a cloudbank in this demo version, so as not to accidentally reveal any extra stages.

14 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

DCIJv8PXUAE1V_H.jpg

I'm having problems finding level title cards for the 3D games on mobile.

Can someone make a comparison image so we can see just how bad this image actually is.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

DCIFIpyXoAErucQ.jpg

Eh, aside from the Boost gauge looking awkward, I'm not seeing it, man.

...Am I the only one thinking the dialogue is terrible? I can't see Vector talking like that.

"This is so unreasonable! Let us file a complaint with a spot of tea eh wot?"

Not really liking the idea of knowing character faces and boxes are gonna be popping up on a chunk of the screen... I guess maybe you can turn it off in the options?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

Sonic Forces - Modern Sonic gameplay in case anyone hasn't watched it:

At around 1:24 we see a bunch of rings pop up once all the enemies in the area are beaten. Guess that's a new incentive to fight enemies?

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Kintor said:

You should at least note that the Sonic Forces image doesn't even name the levels in question, meaning that this demo version is deliberately obscuring information. It makes me think that even the planet itself is being obscured by a cloudbank in this demo version, so as not to accidentally reveal any extra stages.

I think this too

Just hope that the UI isn't final. My problems with it are the boost gauge and the enemy lock on target.

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I'm having problems finding level title cards for the 3D games on mobile.

Can someone make a comparison image so we can see just how bad this image actually is.

If the game actually does look like that with the title cards and map at launch without any improvements, AND/or doesn't have a mechanic where things look better when you liberate places I'll work Kintobor into my username for at least a week. That stuff screams E3 demo builds.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

An exaggeration mate.

A poorly crafted one though, I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, Soniman said:

their dialogue seems relevant to the stage and that's fine by me, as long as they don't use it in excess I don't see the big deal really 

I hope we can turn it off... Because if it's there every time we replay a level... Ouch.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

An exaggeration mate.

I know it was an exaggeration, but that seemed like okay dialogue for Vector, idk man. One particular line of Vector saying there's a lot of robots isn't really the biggest issue right now out of everything lol. 

The fact we have this radio thing in the first place is the real problem.

• Thumbs Up 1