Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

6 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

Sonic Forces' Green Hill Boss Gameplay for those who didn't watch the stream:

Wooooaaaah woooah woah woah...

We're really doing the ball and chain thing again on top of the rest of the...

...Okay, fine. Do what you do Sonic Team.

$30 game or not buying. We've already got Mania for this mess and we've had these exact same bosses two or three times now.

-Edit-

Ball and Chain boss looks terrible with the size ratios WAY off.

The overall UI looks rather weak, but that could simply have been hastily mocked up for the demo. My feelings otherwise are still mixed at best on this game.

Gotta love how Eggman is boasting about his super genius mind about his recycled boss fight from the first game.

Sigh, and then Tails goes babbling on about language and word puns. There's the Pontaff magic I've been waiting for.

The metal constructions make Green Hill Zone look more interesting. It's a little Planet Wisp Ish, but alright.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

Sonic Forces' Green Hill Boss Gameplay for those who didn't watch the stream:

I get that its supposed to be a fake out but I would've liked a little more than just the Ball and Chain again, the physics work a lil' differently at least, but something else would be nice.

Also, Egg Dragoon looks fucking dope.

2 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

I know it was an exaggeration, but that seemed like okay dialogue for Vector, idk man. One particular line of Vector saying there's a lot of robots isn't really the biggest issue right now out of everything lol. 

The fact we have this radio thing in the first place is the real problem.

I remember people saying this about the tails hints in colors and omacho dialogue in gens until you could just turn it off and it became a non issue. Feels like people getting heated over some dialogue that isnt even necessarily annoying or constantly repeating (yet)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

I think this too

Just hope that the UI isn't final. My problems with it are the boost gauge and the enemy lock on target.

Well I think that the UI is something that Sonic Team can keep tweaking until Sonic Forces goes gold. Even if what we see in this demo is only temporary Sonic Team can still take E3 feedback on board and steamline things for the retail build.

Just now, Soniman said:

I remember people saying this about the tails hints in colors and omacho dialogue in gens until you could just turn it off and it became a non issue. Feels like people getting heated over some dialogue that isnt even necessarily annoying or constantly repeating (yet)

Most likely yeah, it's a safe bet you can turn it off. It's not the largest problem right now anyway lol. 

Credit Where it due guys. The boss music at least sounds good and genesis like unlike the actual classic Sonic stage.

Edit: Why we're on the subject, why does that fight look better than entire Classic level?

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

593eac261dc3f_dkfldkdlkdf.png.d5117522fcbe4630d18f6b31aac56095.png

Guess the resistance is an actual army after all

We didn't need this 

• Thumbs Up 3

Somebody on Youtube posted this from E3 2017 from Sonic Forces which contains Silver's Theme, also I told you so that there was going to be a world map like unleashed.

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Somebody on Youtube posted this from E3 2017 from Sonic Forces which contains Silver's Theme, also I told you so that there was going to be a world map like unleashed.

fake bro lmao

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

593eac261dc3f_dkfldkdlkdf.png.d5117522fcbe4630d18f6b31aac56095.png

Guess the resistance is an actual army after all

Animal NPCs confirmed?

2 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

We didn't need this 

How is this offensive?

A few nameless resistance fighters will help to give Sonic Forces a more epic scale.

• Thumbs Up 4

Holy shit, the Egg Dragoon's back for a jumpscare! It's as if the illusion of nostalgia was torn by edge! And it's really an army, eh...?

4 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

That's Force The Forces by TDL. i.e, not Forces lmfao.

1 minute ago, Kintor said:

How is this offensive?

A few nameless resistance fighters will help to give Sonic Forces a more epic scale.

makes sonic and his pals less unique im guessing

21 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

I know it was an exaggeration, but that seemed like okay dialogue for Vector, idk man. One particular line of Vector saying there's a lot of robots isn't really the biggest issue right now out of everything lol. 

I think he means that Vector is sounding more eloquent than you'd expect there. 

Which...isn't out of character for Vector, he can be quite verbose even though he's generally more likely to use slang. 

• Thumbs Up 9

5 minutes ago, Soniman said:

makes sonic and his pals less unique im guessing

IMHO it's a welcome change having more creatures like Sonic & co. instead of what they tried to pull with the realistic humans.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Holy shit, the Egg Dragoon's back for a jumpscare! It's as if the illusion of nostalgia was torn by edge! And it's really an army, eh...?

Sonic Unleashed is almost 10 years old at this point, I'd say it's nostalgia killing nostalgia.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not the animal part I'm questioning, I'm questioning the fact they are apparently an army, it's pretty damn stupid

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

Sonic Unleashed is almost 10 years old at this point, I'd say it's nostalgia killing nostalgia.

I guess it's... less nostalgic? And it seems to have a reason to be there, and a different pattern. 

Forces looks pretty cool so far. Glad that in-game dialog is back. Makes it feels like everyone is playing a part in the adventure. Loving that twist with the green hill zone boss.

1 minute ago, ShroomZed said:

It's not the animal part I'm questioning, I'm questioning the fact they are apparently an army, it's pretty damn stupid

An army? It's almost as if the Resistance is some ragtag group of animals fighting for freedom...

Now where I have seen that before in Sonic media...