Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

COApMIv.jpg

It actually starts larger than that. But cant get an accurate stop on the clock due to mobile.

Every time the lock on icon appears. And there can be multiple icons.

Lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Tried. Didn't like them. Too much focus on their own bullshit which I had no interest in. Didn't get much out of the game characters either. Tying Sonic to some sort of Freedom Fighter team is something I have no interest in.

Let me rephrase that then - you should read Sonic Universe. This spin-off comic is typically broken up into 4 issue story arcs that can focus on other Sonic characters, besides Sonic and the SatAM Freedom Fighters. Although, one of the standout arcs is actually 'Eggman's Dozen' which develops the characters of Eggman's anti-Freedom Fighter anthro/cyborgs as they fight Naugus (SatAM) and an obscure villian from one of Tail's Game Gear games.

11 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Rehashing the Egg Dragoon feels dumb.

In Mania, we've got the Death Egg Robot; but there it feels like it's used because it can provide a fun fight with neat mechanics, and because it's hilarious juxtaposition. 

This feels like they brought back an old boss just because they had the assets lying around from Generations. Like it plays differently sure, but it doesn't look particularly novel. It's just... eh. 

This kinda happens a lot for Forces. And it's not necessarily the game's fault either.

Some examples include Classic Sonic appearing in the game's first teaser even though Mania was announced shortly before it, making Classic Sonic all the more redundant.

There was also Green Hill Zone which is also in Mania and Generations making its appearance kind of loathed.

And then there's the Egg Dragoon in Forces, which was also shown after the Death Egg Robot in Mania's Green Hill Zone, so the novelty of fighting such a big boss so early on is lost.

Of course, Forces' polarizing quality also plays a major part in this, and Mania's just one-upping it at pretty much every turn. But food for thought, y'know?

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

I dunno man, I guess I was due to get flak for it but I was honestly laughing seeing these silly characters put all this army garb on and treat this like it's a serious war. Come on, it's fucking dumb. 

It's no dumber than any other action cartoons that's come before it.

Like are we seriously making excuses to ignore the suspension of disbelief when we don't do that for others? Come on, we're fucking better than this.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Let me rephrase that then - you should read Sonic Universe. This spin-off comic is typically broken up into 4 issue story arcs that can focus on other Sonic characters, besides Sonic and the SatAM Freedom Fighters. Although, one of the standout arcs is actually 'Eggman's Dozen' which develops the characters of Eggman's anti-Freedom Fighter anthro/cyborgs.

Already did. Still don't give a shit!

Besides Archie Sonic is probably dead, no point in reading a dead series that I already don't like.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Let me rephrase that then - you should read Sonic Universe. This spin-off comic is typically broken up into 4 issue story arcs that can focus on other Sonic characters, besides Sonic and the SatAM Freedom Fighters. Although, one of the standout arcs is actually 'Eggman's Dozen' which develops the characters of Eggman's anti-Freedom Fighter anthro/cyborgs.

I doubt he'd do it. He practically hates anything that isn't a Classic styled version of Sonic. Won't even try to consider how it could be worked into Sonic. Just Classic only and nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Besides Archie Sonic is probably dead, no point in reading a dead series that I already don't like.

If you don't I guess you can try Fleetway Sonic. For some reason it seems to attract people who hate the Archie comic.

Just now, Diogenes said:

It's never too late to start collecting. The comic did fortunately come to a halt after the completion of a major story arc, based on Sonic Unleashed no less, so there aren't a lot of loose ends to worry about.

Just now, Kintor said:

It's never too late to start collecting. The comic did fortunately come to a halt after the completion of a major story arc, based on Sonic Unleashed no less, so there aren't a lot of loose ends to worry about.

If he doesn't want to, why keep insisting on him to read and get them? He's not a fan, just cause you enjoy and find worth in them doesn't mean everyone should 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Kintor said:

Dude give it up, hes not gonna budge, and I like Archie!

• Thumbs Up 1

Apologies if I'm being a mini mod, but can we stop talking about Archie Sonic?

Spoiler

Besides, why would anyone care about the pre reboot era?

Can't you just introduce him to the 252 era?

ANYWAY....um, how about the dialogue?

It seems fine so far, unfortunately the side characters seem to keep reminding us that there are so many Death Egg robots which we clearly don't need.

Either, this will become a "look at all those Eggman's robots" meme or the next "HOMING SHOT."

.....I hope for neither.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

He just said he didn't like it

Why would he collect something he doesn't like

Well, he posts here on SSMB even though he hates most Sonic games. No reason why he can't hate read the Archie comics while he's here. It might even give him some new material. :P

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

No.

This is stupid. Can we talk about Sonic Forces in the Sonic Forces topic, please?

Sure, whatever. Anyone manage to isolate the music on the 'avatar stage' version of Green Hill? It sounded like we might have another vocal track.

Nothing about the game so far stands out as particularly interesting or worth shelling out more than 20 bucks for tbh. Everything just feels...there and devoid of passion. I mean idk, when they've been touting its long development cycle for so long, I was kinda thinking we'd get something that didn't feel so run of the mill.

Is it just me or does Sonic reach his top non-boost speed a lot faster than the previous boost games.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Having Sonic's friends not doing much but shouting exposition during the levels is surely gonna warm people up to them lol.

I wanted them to be playable, darn it, not have Sega taunt me that they're here, but not doing anything but chatter...

11 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

I doubt he'd do it. He practically hates anything that isn't a Classic styled version of Sonic. Won't even try to consider how it could be worked into Sonic. Just Classic only and nothing else.

I thought the age limit for this place was 13? I expect this kinda snark from a 7 year old. 

If having all the characters off-screen dropping exposition is the moves we have to make in order to force Pontaff to write dialogue for someone other than Tails I'll bloody take it.

• Thumbs Up 9

2 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

If having all the characters off-screen dropping exposition is the moves we have to make in order to force Pontaff to write dialogue for someone other than Tails I'll bloody take it.

Oh man people still think Pontaff writes the script for these games!

The script is written in Japan. Pontaffs role is more translate rather than write a fresh thing.

So of all there is in the scene is Tails talking. We have Japan to thank for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Depression Kong You mean SonicTeam?

Cuz I should remind folks that it's them who called the shots. I'm pretty sure Pontaff implied that around Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1