Awoo.

New Sonic Forces Gameplay teased on twitch.tv (link and screenhots here)

Indigo Rush

Knowing the characters sound alright and the dialogue isn't that cheesy helps lighten the blow of constant chit chat throughout the levels (Boom has really done Amy's VA a lot of good) but everything they say does seem like very generic exposition.

I wonder how long until people start blaming Pontac and Graff for other characters not showing up in Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

Anyway I will say the complaints of the characters having dialogue us over blown, especially comparing it to time eater. If I wasn't already sure you can probably turn this off, their dialogue seems relevant to the stage and that's fine by me, as long as they don't use it in excess I don't see the big deal really 

At least they each have unique dialogue that progresses alongside the story, instead of shouting out the same repetitive and obvious quotes.

Kinda wish Classic Sonic's run of Green Hill Zone was more like avatar's, the industrialized look works surprisingly. Also, since the avatar was fighting a boss in what looks to be Green Hill Zone in their artwork, does that mean we'll be getting more than one boss per zone? 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

I wonder how long until people start blaming Pontac and Graff for other characters not showing up in Unleashed.

Uh....no? All they do is write the characters.

That's entirely SEGA/Sonic Team's fault.

Just now, Dee Dude said:

(that was the joke)

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Dee Dude said:

I think your optimism and defensive stance these last few posts is causing you to miss the jokes lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Great, I feel stupid now...which is no surprise.

@KHCast Yeah, I start to realize why I don't post in these in the first place, but somebody's gotta cool the place down. lol

Anyway, I guess people might do it depending on whatever site you're on.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I think he means that Vector is sounding more eloquent than you'd expect there. 

Which...isn't out of character for Vector, he can be quite verbose even though he's generally more likely to use slang. 

Vector is charismatic. He likes to come off as a helpful gentleman, but he has moments of greed and stubborness. 

Welp. That was just as uninspired and boring as I figured It'd be.

Back to playing better games.

• Thumbs Up 8

Egg dragoon being the main boss of that act is indeed clever so the players feel the ball and chain section was only to fool them is clever. And it's massive in scale.

I hope the rehashing ends after that. Don't fool me if it's Gens 2.

I think this game looks pretty fun! 

giphy.gif

Also that wrecking blade has some nice physics going on. I wonder if it's just a preset that comes with the Havok engine or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really like the Custom Hero Green Hill stage, it is certainly feels like a complete re-interpretation and not void and empty like Classic. 

The UI is terrible tough. 

Ok I loved how Eggman just whips out the Egg Dragoon in the middle of Green Hill. And the OC's version of Green Hill is pretty cool looking as well. I think I'm definitely gonna cop this in the fall.

3 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

Egg dragoon being the main boss of that act is indeed clever so the players feel the ball and chain section was only to fool them is clever. And it's massive in scale.

Except Sonic 4 Episode 2 already did that troll act. It's not that clever when a previous game did it before.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Welp. That was just as uninspired and boring as I figured It'd be.

Back to playing better games.

Graff here can't write a serious story. I guess it's time to shed him once this hath run its course. 

Just now, pppp said:

Except Sonic 4 Episode 2 already did that troll act. It's not that clever when a previous game did it before.

Well, considering how the idea nowadays is to disregard Sonic 4 as if it didn't happen with Mania, makes sense to disregard it with Forces too. I mean, heck, that's kinda like saying that the drop dash in Sonic Mania isn't as a keen just because Forces does it as well.

Seriously speaking though, the way it's done better is what makes it clever for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the angle is different here; S4ep2 had just a giant boss show up after a weak one, this has a Modern Sonic boss showing up as the 2nd phase first boss for Classic Sonic. The juxtaposition is more of the series and not just of the size.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Miru the Living Planet said:

Graff here can't write a serious story. I guess it's time to shed him once this hath run its course. 

Oy vey, this old misconception that they're calling the shots on the story again.

3AcPhRR.gif

Seen this old song and dance so many times.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:
3 minutes ago, pppp said:

Well, considering how the idea nowadays is to disregard Sonic 4 as if it didn't happen with Mania, makes sense to disregard it with Forces too. I mean, heck, that's kinda like saying that the drop dash in Sonic Mania isn't as a keen just because Forces does it as well.

Seriously speaking though, the way it's done better is what makes it clever for me.

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

I think the angle is different here; S4ep2 had just a giant boss show up after a weak one, this has a Modern Sonic boss showing up as the 2nd phase first boss for Classic Sonic. The juxtaposition is more of the series and not just of the size.

That too. Put quite well there. It's more something that the player's actually engaged mid-way into as opposed to just a long wait form the start while standing idly still for the real deal.

3 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

So I don't think is about the story. 

I still don't think you look at Avatar Green Hill and say that is more uninspred than the one in Mania

1 minute ago, ChikaBoing said:

I still don't think you look at Avatar Green Hill and say that is more uninspred than the one in Mania

Forces GHZ is far more uninspired than the one in Mania.

Hey shit, that was easy. 

• The topic was locked

Alrighty, I've had to address some reports and hand out a couple strikes.

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

I thought the age limit for this place was 13? I expect this kinda snark from a 7 year old. 

It's cute how you call out immaturity in others and yet engage in the same exact behavior yourself. We've been incredibly lenient with you and you've done nothing but act like you're above the rules. I'm tired of it. Since you obviously can't show even the bare minimum respect for other users here, you can take a strike and a suspension. See you in a week.

1 hour ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

I doubt he'd do it. He practically hates anything that isn't a Classic styled version of Sonic. Won't even try to consider how it could be worked into Sonic. Just Classic only and nothing else.

1 hour ago, Kintor said:

Well, he posts here on SSMB even though he hates most Sonic games. No reason why he can't hate read the Archie comics while he's here. It might even give him some new material. :P

And, as someone who HAS given Diogenes an unfair amount of flak at times, can I just say that this dogpiling and failure to actually address what he's saying isn't good either? So, you two can receive strikes too.

M'kay? Any questions or complaints, please contact a moderator or administrator directly. Now let's get back on topic and not let this turn out like the mega thread. kthxbye