Awoo.

Starlink AKA No Man's Skylanders

Klinsy

Have you ever been playing a shoot em up and the ship just wasn't doing it for you? What if you could make a ship of your own design? Even better, what if you could own it in real life? A new take on the toy to life stchik, the goal is to make vehicles, not characters and all of them are custom made, sounds like fun to me, can't wait to make the S.S Meowkie

• Thumbs Up 2

• 11 months later...

Despite having Star Fox in it, I lost all hype in Star Link, upon realizing this is another one of those toys to life scams... Should someone tell Ubisoft that those games are dead now?...

Some more info and a pic:

5b0586e3ca1a64ed97625eaf-4.jpg

$75 for this special edition, but if you get the standard Switch version, you can get the Star Fox content as a free add-on (Though no word on whether the figures will be sold on their own)

Sounds pretty good. Hopefully Fox can rise back up from Zero to hero.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/311004-starlink-battle-for-atlas-starter-pack-box-art-starfox-in-gam

• 2 months later...

So here's some more footage of the game including the Star Fox content

Man this game looks actually kinda fun

On 6/11/2018 at 6:08 PM, SpongicX said:

Despite having Star Fox in it, I lost all hype in Star Link, upon realizing this is another one of those toys to life scams... Should someone tell Ubisoft that those games are dead now?...

The toys-to-life aspect is completely optional.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's Wolf's intro scene, and some new impressions from Gamexplain:

This is really shaping up to be StarFox's Sonic Mania: Proof that outsourcing to better hands was a better call than trying to reinvent the series in-house!

Has it been confirmed yet, whether or not, we're legit getting a full-fleshed Star Fox story and/or campaign yet???

7 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Has it been confirmed yet, wheter or not, we're legit getting a full-fleshed Star Fox story and/or campaign yet???

Well there's a decent amount of content regarding Team Star Fox going after Wolf. I don't know how lengthy it is but its definitely a Star Fox campaign of sorts.

7 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Has it been confirmed yet, wheter or not, we're legit getting a full-fleshed Star Fox story and/or campaign yet???

Fox and co will be integrated into the main StarLink story. So he won't just be sitting in the background as you play as him, he's actually part of the main story and you will see him in cutscenes and stuff. It's pretty cool.

Yeah, from what I heard, unlike most Toys to Life games, Fox will have full fledged dialogue tailored to the story whenever's he's active, making for some new developments and interactions otherwise not accessible in the plot.

So it's basically a story about him. But same goes for any pilot.

• 3 weeks later...

Gamexplain's review:

Spoiler

So this isn't a proper StarFox game- Just a fun- albeit flawed- game that just happens to have Fox and the gang in it. 

Good enough for now, I guess.

I've had my eye on this game for a while, and Star Fox comyent gets me interested. However, the Switch version apparently says someting about an extra download for physical releases, and I'm not clear on what that entails, and heard conflicting reports on how big it is.

Might still get it anyways one of these days, but my birthday is coming anyways, so it won't be day 1 at any rate.