Awoo.

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) "Argo?"

Badnik Mechanic

Due 2018. Looks like it's a remake and not an up-scaled HD remaster or anything along those lines.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Pawn

Top Posters In This Topic

I played this for the first time last year and while I enjoyed it far more than Ico, the outdated controls made it a frustrating experience at times. Thankfully, according to Famitsu (via Siliconera), the controls are the one area that the developers will be changing:

Famitsu: The next question is about Shadow of the Colossus. Is this a remaster version, or is it a remake version?

Shuhei Yoshida: “It is a remake. The game content is the same as the original version, but all the assets are being remade. I figured we could use such tech to make if we’re going to make Shadow of the Colossus in the PS4 era. Bluepoint is the development company behind the PS3 remaster versions of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. So we know them rather well.”

Famitsu: So the game will have the same content it had in its PS2 version.

Yoshida: “It’s the same, but player preferences for controls and such change over time, so we’re working on implementing a more modernized way to play. And of course you can play with a feel of the original version, but what we’re doing is showing how great the original work is, using today’s technology. Ueda-san (ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and the Last Guardian lead designer Fumito Ueda) wasn’t that involved much this time.”