Awoo.

Metroid Prime 4 Announced for Nintendo Switch

Zippo

Break out the confetti, brace for impact

The Planet Destroying Bounty Hunter is BACK

Fucking Metroid is back.

It better be fucking Retro Studios again. Don't fuck this Nintendo, just don't.

I almost cried, but I am so.fucking.happy!

- The "now in development" line leads me to believe that this game will not see the light of day for at least two or three years. Think MP3: Corruption in terms of time between the initial announcement and the year we got it.

- Reports suggest that Retro Studios is not involved, and that the game is being developed in Kyoto.

This made E3 for me. Never have I been so happy about a game announcement until now. 

Cannot wait until I see more of this. 

A little disappointed to hear it's not Retro Studios working on it, since they did such good work with the series in the first place, but hell, a new Prime is worth getting excited about regardless. Can't wait to see some actual footage...and here's hoping they don't fuck it up.

No trailer shown. Fans claiming it's the best thing. Honestly I'm worried. If it's not retro it could lead to anything

Think Nintendo themselves know how much is needed for this game to be successful following the immense demand a sequel to one of their most popular trilogies is.

Don't think we have much to worry about yet. Cannot see this being another Other M situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh. There's two of these threads. Merged.

In the fact sheet:

'Isolation'
'Exploration'
'First Person'

Nintendo don't play with me with these promises. Please deliver here.!

IMG_6293.PNG

4 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

In the fact sheet:

'Isolation'
'Exploration'
'First Person'

Nintendo don't play with me with these promises. Please deliver here.!

IMG_6293.PNG

Isolation is the big one for me.

I'm not too worried about Retro not being at the helm. As long as it's not Team Ninja. 

Just a title means it's probably barely started development, and I agree that we won't be seeing this until next year or maybe the year after - but they needed to announce this.  The mere fact that it's in development is an indication that Nintendo has listened and hopefully understood.  We'll have to be patient about seeing whether they can make good on the implicit promise of the title.

I hope they keep the art style intact and don't try to make it more colorful and "cartoony" like with Other M.

Not Retro Studios?

Sorry if this is a stupid question as I haven't seen the briefing yet, but do we actually know what they're up to yet?

17 minutes ago, Covskin said:

Not Retro Studios?

Sorry if this is a stupid question as I haven't seen the briefing yet, but do we actually know what they're up to yet?

Retro is obviously developing Doshin the Giant 2.

I can trust a Metroid Prime not developed by Retro. When it comes to Nintendo games, it kinda feels like they can switch devs sometimes and not worry about screwing it up - Luigi's Mansion 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns, for example. I hope it's great

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Metroid games announced. I still can't believe it. 

The galaxy, is at peace. 

Quick question: I've heard over the years that Metroid: Other M made the Prime games non-canon somehow. Is this true? And if it is, wouldn't it make more sense to call this new game something else?

1 hour ago, Patticus said:

Quick question: I've heard over the years that Metroid: Other M made the Prime games non-canon somehow. Is this true? And if it is, wouldn't it make more sense to call this new game something else?

Not really, since all the prime games are pre-super Metroid while other m is post super Metroid 

1 hour ago, Patticus said:

I think people usually mean this line from Samus: "It was the first joint mission with the Federation I had done since I left the army". It's pretty ignorable.