Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

3 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Lost World is up for debate. It depends on who you talk to.

I'd only concede about Rise of Lyric.

And even then, that's one game. The past "dark times" involved many Sonic games over a span of roughly 5-6 years (depending on your opinions on Unleashed). Not just 1-2 of them.

Do you have to pop in to bring up Adventure-Unleashed vitriol for the millionth time?

Seriously, it's bringing up drama that isn't necessary.

5 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Guys, I get that you may not like the game but please don't attack the ones who like it and think it's good.

I don't think anybody is being attacked really. Folks are just sharing their thoughts one way or the other. Far as I can tell it's just SSF at the moment complaining about folks negativity towards the title and going on about how it's bugging him.

3 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

Drop dash confirmed.

I wonder if this confirms rival races in the game? Or is it just a small battle space?

7 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Guys, I get that you may not like the game but please don't attack the ones who like it and think it's good.

Who's "attacking" anyone just for liking how the game looks so far? All I see is people talking about this supposedly happening in between posts about Shadow.

And mind you I'm really looking forward to this game myself, and even if I wasn't I wouldn't stand for people genuinely being insulted over a video game so like...maybe smash that report button on any posts you find over the top instead of vague posts like this?

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

Who's "attacking" anyone just for liking how the game looks so far? All I see is people talking about this supposedly happening in between posts about Shadow.

It's like I said, I think it's the discussion revolving SSF making it seem that way.

13 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

You ceded on one and couldn't think of a rebuttal for another.

This:

is not a "healthy counter," especially with the jab at me at the end.

This doesn't actually refute anything I've said, nor has this necessarily been proven in this argument.

Please point to to me

A.) a game in which he wanted the world specifically shaped in Dr. Eggman's vision of his own volition,

and B.) Where in this trailer we've gotten word that he's even potentially working for Eggman and not Infinite in the first place.

A) There are none, just as we never saw Tails give Sonic a ribbing before Lost World. 

B.) The GoNintendo page strongly suggests he's working for Eggman, unless he just for no reason happens to be standing among the ones who are CONFIRMED to be working for Eggman. 

So let's do a recap; here are just some of the ways Shadow could be antagonistic;

1. He's brainwashed.

2. He feels he has no choice. 

3. He likes Eggman's vision for humanity under his rule. 

4. He is against everyone but himself. He wants the world to be changed, but he has his own vision. 

5. He's a double-agent for the protagonists (which would also be part of point 4).

6. Sonic's plan to save the world would compromise something he values. 

7. Eggman's plan will result in Shadow getting something he values. And no, what that thing is does not have to be explained in previous games. 

And we can infer that Shadow will not just be villainous without explanation because in Park Avenue, Sonic mentions that he'll find Shadow. This, combined with the conversational context about there not being enough characters to fight the Death Eggs, implies that he intends to recruit Shadow and is currently unaware that he's gone rogue. Sonic thinks that Shadow is still privy to fighting alongside him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems that they got rid of the mash "X" Spin Dash, Now it is the classic crouch and jump, and we have Drop Dash Controls now too! 

Screenshot 2017-06-13 at 2.09.55 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 3

See, while there's a good chance of a throwaway line or two explaining why each villain has returned, I can't help but think it'll just boil down to:

'Member Chaos? We do.

'Member Shadow? We do.

'Member Metal Sonic? We do.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but until cutscenes start appearing it can go either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Celestia said:

And mind you I'm really looking forward to this game myself, and even if I wasn't I wouldn't stand for people genuinely being insulted over a video game so like...maybe smash that report button on any posts you find over the top instead of vague posts like this?

Sorry then, I thought people were ''attacking'' others because they liked the game.

It's kinda hard to understand anything with so many posts.

42 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I feel so sorry for anyone genuinely  excited for this,  because they're gonna get scrutinized so hard lol.

Such a welcoming community.

I got thick skin. I love it so far wanna scrutinize me bring it on.

• Thumbs Up 2

F*** it, I'm done figuring out what this game is. I'm just going along for the ride. I liked what I saw.

• Thumbs Up 8

I will say this at the very least: despite being disappointed in what I'm seeing, I am willing to be open minded see if they actually manage to prove me wrong and deliver something coherent and sensible in the storytelling.

It's not the first time I've been wrong about something (*cough*Sonic4NotHappening*cough). I mean, if I can like Big the Cat in Archie comics as a central character simply because of good writing, I find it too hard to be close-minded to...whatever story they're potentially going to tell, even if I initially don't like the first impression. Yes, I know the track record, but it has had it's ups and downs, but I'm gonna go along with the ride to see how it ends.

Like for real, I had better get some damn decent writing in this clusterfuck...not even Pontaff has been this ridiculous, and that's saying something.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, HedgehogBR said:

:)

I dunno...

I think TC/Matt is kind of in a position similar to Mr. Webber, dude HAS to be positive about the game in a way to keep up the cred, get those SEGA nods and stuff.

Though if this is legit, hey, I'm thrilled for the guy. Game needs all it can get.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

See, while there's a good chance of a throwaway line or two explaining why each villain has returned, I can't help but think the answer will just boil down to:

'Member Chaos?

'Member Shadow?

'Member Metal Sonic?

I'd love to be proven wrong, but until cutscenes start appearing it can go either way.

That's pretty much what I feel like it is and while I'm always for Metal Sonic coming back, I'm hoping there's at least some reason why Shadow is evil besides "for old times sake" 

Despite being the 1st boss, doesn't it seem like the Egg Dragoon should be harder?

It looks like the moment you jump into those balls they bounce into the Eggman...

The better concept would be to bounce them back as they're being shot at you...

This game is a mess. I'm surprise Sonic Team didn't brough Nack to play an antagonist too. Nah, better bring back Zavok and make Shadow evil again, everyone asked for it right??!!

Better off call this Sonic Blender, as it's clear that Sonic Team basically took a dozen of ideas and threw them in a blender. NOW DRINK.

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally think we're getting the best of both worlds here.

We have mania for those who preffer the classic pixel side scrollers and forces for those who preffer a more 3D based game.

me? I like both so R.I.P wallet haha.

On that note, after seeing the new trailer and E3 gameplay I can say with certainty that I'm even more hyped for these games. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Drunk Michael Myers said:

Outside of the Modern Sonic gameplay, everything looks so bad. Good Lord. We are back in the dark times of with 3D Sonic games again. 

We certainly are back in the "dark times" in terms of general tone. 

Just now, Miru the Living Planet said:

We certainly are back in the "dark times" in terms of general tone. 

With the music combined with the locations and dialogue I'd say we're as far from it as we have been since Colors.

Explosions and a city suffering damage is literally nothing when you compare the rest of what Forces is doing so this is basically Lost World just with more bombs/fire and boost.

5 minutes ago, MechTech said:

We have mania for those who preffer the classic pixel side scrollers and forces for those who preffer a more 3D based game.

me? I like both so R.I.P wallet haha.

On that note, after seeing the new trailer and E3 gameplay I can say with certainty that I'm even more hyped for these games. :D

I like more things in games that just mechanics, and even then a lot of forces don't look great. 

We are getting the best of single world, the other is just largely dissapointing

5 minutes ago, MechTech said:

Except Forces also gives us 2D....in all 3 gameplay styles...

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

With the music combined with the locations and dialogue I'd say we're as far from it as we have been since Colors.

Explosions and a city suffering damage is literally nothing when you compare the rest of what Forces is doing so this is basically Lost World just with more bombs/fire and boost.

You may also see

* Side characters appearing past specific points, and having dialogue that seems much more active and relevant.

* Post-Genesis bosses being brought back. More menacing-looking new bosses as well.

* Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics! 

* A really cool looking new villain. 

... Thinking about it, it seems about 25% likely to just be putting lipstick on a pig than anything honest.