Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

I don't like that Shadow is a villain again =(

Chaos is back at least so that's cool

My emotions are as confused right now as the game and series in general seem to be.

The returning villains and the new villain's character design are honestly cool/exciting to me. But the decisions behind all this...I just...I just don't know.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm honestly pretty excited for the game. If there's a bit more emphasis on story this time it'll be cool to see the Sonic's properly interact with these guys again.

I'm more curious about that Infinity symbol right at the end.

• Thumbs Up 6

Thoughts: Huh. Zavok. Thought he was a one-game villain. Shadow. Um. Alright. Y'know that gameplay made me think Shadow was helping everyone. Guess not. Metal Sonic. Uh. Chaos. Interesting to bring back. And let's not forget new villain #?. Remember Nominatius? Yeah. It's basically him.

EDIT: Wait his name is Infinite? Source?

So not only is this game not Sonic Adventure 3 (the game I wanted for the 25th anniversary) but it's apparently disregarding the first 2 Adventure games and ignoring the actual backstories of Chaos and Shadow in favor of trying to appeal to fans who'll just go "woo hoo chaos is back!!" And don't get me wrong, I liked chaos but his story was wrapped up nicely I thought. He was put at peace after his fight with Super Sonic and Tikal and him went back to their time period to peacefully coexist with the chao. 

Shadows story also had a nice redemptive type end to it (until they brought him back and it got convoluted) but I guess he's being mind controlled by this new thing? 

Zavok I have less of a problem with because I was never really attached to the character. He was your generic villain and out of all of them (other than metal sonic) I have the least problem with him coming back because it's not much of a shock that he's on the side of evil.  

Also, can we PLEASE see something besides Park Avenue and Green Hill? All they've done since revealing this game is loop that same dramatic cutscene, show clips of modern sonic boosting and green hill Zone. It almost makes me wonder if this is the whole game, just switching between those 3 characters and going between past and present. 

I know they want to keep the other levels a secret but even just quick glimpses at other locales would really do a lot for me trying to get excited about this game. It's been almost a year since this game was revealed and it's still very vague 

• Thumbs Up 3

Please tell me this plot makes sense in context.

My guess would be the villain is plucking villains from across time and space, a la Young Xehanort? It would explain Shadow and Chaos' presence with them.

Or did a bunch of realities get merged together? It would explain why Green Hill is suddenly next to a desert.

• Thumbs Up 5

Whoa! This is awesome! The first things to actually excite me for the game!

0J9H8cQ.png

The new villain has such a epic design! Loooovvviiinnng iiiiiit.

And so cool to see all the bad boys back! Especially Metal-Sonic who I'm such a fan of... Nice to see Shadow as a antagonist instead of a dull gray-ish area hero.

• Thumbs Up 5

Uhhhhh story is looking fanfictiontastic right now. O_o And confusing...is Eggman working with the evil Mephiles lookalike or...?? Why is Shadow evil nooooow?

huh.   

LOL Infinite. Dat name tho.

I highly doubt this will happen, but it would be cool if the reason Shadow is evil is because in this timeline...you got a "bad ending" in Shadow's own game instead of a good one.

Think about that...

An alternate reality where Shadow doesn't get his memory back and "lives life by his own rules", essentially embracing his darker self and never looking back.

Seeing how shadow was originally going to be a demon and is basically an "evil sonic" anyways, that would be pretty dope!

Though that likely won't happen and this game will just be a mess! Yeah!

Wow, Good lord forces is literally that most fanfictiony game we had in a long time. It's cool to have villains from the past sonic games, don't know why chaos and shadowing are evil again but, who knows, there could to a explanation in game. Lastly, that new villain and it's name... Lmao.

2 minutes ago, Lord Liquir (Ogilvie) said:

Please tell me this plot makes sense in context.

My guess would be the villain is plucking villains from across time and space, a la Young Xehanort? It would explain Shadow and Chaos' presence with them.

Or did a bunch of realities get merged together? It would explain why Green Hill is suddenly next to a desert.

If this is case, theyre deciding it's best to skip 06 NOW? After Generations gave us a whole level and boss fight reminding us of the game? Fuck I hate mephiles, but would be interesting at least to see how he'd work within more competent writing at least.(especially if there's comedy between the villains)

Awesome trailer! I can't wait for this game even more now! I wonder who the mystery villain is, by the way?

EDIT: Never mind. His name is Infinite.