Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Nepenthe said:

It's a time travel story, god-dammit.

Hold on, was it confirmed time travel or dimension hopping? Seems to point more towards the latter with what we've seen so far.

I for one I'm happy to see them going back to those pseudo-edgy serious business stories from pre-Colors than have yet another sorry excuse for you to run around where Sonic taunts Eggman or has "comic" conversations with Tails before rushing to another stage.

• Thumbs Up 9

You know what I'll say this;

If this was made instead of Generations I might have actually cared, since this is literally Generations, but with some actually story.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

lol what fuckin fanfic did they steal to base this game on

Seriously. Seriously. What the fuck are you even doing, Sonic Team? Besides throwing literally everything into this game and praying something sticks?

There is exactly one way I will have any respect for this game, and that's if all this bullshit leads up to them effectively rebooting the series. Bring everyone back so you can kill them all off. One last moment of "glory" before all this filth and trash gets erased. Fucking do it, Sonic Team. End it.

You know what, I'm finally coming around to that idea. The bullshit level in this series has reached critical mass.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Hold on, was it confirmed time travel or dimension hopping? Seems to point more towards the latter with what we've seen so far.

Classic Sonic being here and the new villain being named Infinite just give me bad-fucking-vibes. If it's "dimension-hopping," it's not particularly interesting dimension hopping. That's what Odyssey is for.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Classic's from another dimension, so probably the latter.

Maybe it's Infinite as in access to infinite alternate dimensions or even the ability to literary override the reality of a dimension.

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

SO the bad guy is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite! This all makes sense now!

Maybe he's a remnant of Sigma's plot in Worlds Unite, infiltrating the games by way of Boom?

Yesterday, things are looking good and people are cautiously optimistic.

Today, Sega: Hold my beer--wait spilled it alllllllll over myself now lemme flaunt my messy self.

Now, yesterday just seems forever ago.

EDIT: In all seriousness, I am very excited about this game. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Miru the Living Planet said:

Maybe he's a remnant of Sigma's plot in Worlds Unite, infiltrating the games by way of Boom?

Clearly he's the embodiment of all the hate created by the characters that didn't make the cut

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

Classic Sonic being here and the new villain being named Infinite just give me bad-fucking-vibes. If it's "dimension-hopping," it's not particularly interesting dimension hopping. That's what Odyssey is for.

phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gif

Welp, it's been established in the green hill zone boss fight that this classic Sonic is from another dimension unlike the Generations Class Sonic so.....

Image result for well there it is

Oh no they're not making Shadow evil for no apparent reason again like what happened in Sonic Boom? That always REALLY bothered me. 

Goddammit and the name Infinite does suggest time travel of sorts...I bloody hope not though!! D:

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Sigh, either way this story is already looking leaps and bounds over MvC:I's pitiful story with roster.

This looks fucking amazing at this point. It'll be interesting to see Shadow back in an antagonistic role, though I doubt it'll last long. Zavok is looking dignified as hell. And check out Chaos! I wonder what his role will be. The new villain is thankfully not a monster but instead someone Sonic-sized, which is a great change. 

After a disappointing custom character trailer, I'm absolutely loving the direction this game is taking. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Nepenthe said:

WHAT OTHER REASONS COULD THERE BE FOR HIM TO "FIGHT" ESPECIALLY AGAINST SONIC?

THE FUCKING WORLD IS ABOUT TO END, YOU DUNCE.

GET IT TOGETHER.

Because he was the bad guy in SA2. There's no sign that anyone writing the story actually cares about coherency over putting in as many marketable characters as possible.

Which is weird considering this is being directed by the same guy that did 06, which actually made Shadow a much better character.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah, um, well, I guess I'm confident in one thing about this... thing: we've finally gotten a Sonic game that out fanfics the Shadow the Hedgehog game.  All we can hope for now is for it to be so ridiculously stupid it's bafflingly entertaining.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the idea is that they are bringing back the guys using a time machine.

But I'm most likely wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2