Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

I would perfer if Cold Steel the Hedgeheg was standing in that spot over Shadow...

...as crazy as that sounds it would actually make 100% more sense and wouldn't look too out of place.

2 minutes ago, Kellan said:

I mean, to be fair:

Such confidence, that just means something positive is gonna happen.

Keep updated.

9 minutes ago, Goldenlink64 said:

Do you know where you found this out by any chance?

That's how the writing for every Sonic game made by Sonic Team works.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

No that's not likely...she ascended. Chaos ascended too, but he wasn't dead...so he just stuck around.

Maybe she descends, or Sonic sadly has no choice but to destroy him so he can ascend, like Cherubimon in Digimon Frontier?

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

Nah, I think that would be a serious cop out. Eggman finally took over the world for the first time in the games canon, so I would much rather prefer him to have a final battle with just him against Sonic in order to defend the empire he worked so hard to build. That and we already had a full decade of Eggman getting upstaged by MOTW from Sonic adventure to Unleashed so just let's have the good doctor be the final threat.

Eggman has been the final threat since Sonic Colors, and literally every game that came out after that. 

So I just think that it's time for a change of pace!

I would not surprised that Robotnik being betrayed in the end and follow with eternal circle of Robotnik is a jokeat least I have steam sales to buy Forces in the future.

5 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's the Sonic franchise Nep, we really are at a point where you shouldn't care about anything. If you do, you're just going to get hurt and infuriated.

Care about nothing, hold no ties, THEN you will enjoy Sonic games again.

I'm not going to force myself to enjoy sonic games again thank you very much. Mania got my attention without me having to put any additional effort, ANY game I genuinely enjoy falls in that same category. I mean sometimes I go out of my way to enjoy things if one specific aspect of said thing is appealing to me, but I personally know the consequences of doing that.

What your suggesting is to stop being cautious and just mindlessly play these games, AKA the whole "turn your brain off" retoric which has been proven false time and time again...the sole act of enjoying anything requires some sort of effort, even if its subcouncious, you have to work for your fun otherwise its not really fun.

Nevermind the fact that when I point out things wrong with a game before I even play it I tend to enjoy the game more WHEN I'm playing it due to the fact that I'm less distracted by BS game design when I'm "trying to have fun".

...Never would have guessed nitpicking/analysing actually HELPS you enjoy games more huh? I mean...the idea of understanding a piece of art allowing you to enjoy it more? I thought that was a myth! Pfft! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe this is like some sort of twisted grand finale to the loose continuity from SA1 to Lost World. The game ends and the whole thing goes kablooey setting us up for a proper Sonic reboot...just in time for a Sonic the Hedgehog movie from Sony?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Soniman said:

ive repeatedly disgreed with the "if better games exist, this game is worthless" logic and will continue to do so, ill let the game stand on its own

By this logic do you think all games are good or that they are all bad? I mean we can't compare them to each other so it has to be black and white right?

The reality is that people have standards, and those standards continue to evolve as one gets older and plays more games, both good bad and mediocre. Is that really that hard to understand?

38 minutes ago, Goldenlink64 said:

The idea would be nice but the writer(s) for Forces probably don't even know who she even is.

Really now. Have you forgotten Sonic Battle so easily? The game that establishes that Chaos shows up in times of crisis, with or without Tikal?

That right there alone contradicts that ideal (nevermind the common fallacy of thinking Pontaff are behind everything bad writing-wise)

• Thumbs Up 2

Suddenly, the explosion of playable characters in last years Runners all makes sense.

EVERYONE is coming back as part of Forces.

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

By this logic do you think all games are good or that they are all bad? I mean we can't compare them to each other so it has to be black and white right?

The reality is that people have standards, and those standards continue to evolve as one gets older and plays more games, both good bad and mediocre. Is that really that hard to understand?

im just saying I dont need every game to be fucking breath of the wild to be able to enjoy it, is that too hard to understand??

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Really now. Have you forgotten Sonic Battle so easily?

I haven't forgotten. I was under the impression that Pontac and Graff were still writing this game but apparently that has nothing to do with the story so idk.

Just now, Soniman said:

im just saying I dont need every game to be fucking breath of the wild to be able to enjoy it, is that hard to understand??

I don't think anyone is suggesting this game is going to be even remotely as good as breath of the wild...

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

im just saying I dont need every game to be fucking breath of the wild to be able to enjoy it, is that hard to understand??

Is the problem that you feel like it's being made out as if you settle for mediocrity?

5 minutes ago, Alienrun said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting this game is going to be even remotely as good as breath of the wild...

Why are you bringing what I said up then? I don't know how clearer I can be when I say I tend to not compare unrelated games to each other and let the games positives and negatives speak for itself, I honestly don't know how clearer I can be because you seem to assume I just settle for subpar games or question your own methods in judging games 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Well, I played it earlier.

Modern Sonic is fun. A bit too close to Colors gameplay for my liking, but not bad. It doesn't seem like you can drift anymore. 2D parts are alright. Easier to platform with the double jump. Also noticed I ran out of boost very often, since you don't get energy from rings anymore.

Classic Sonic I can't say much on since it was a boss fight, but I liked Drop Dashing around. The bosses were pretty fun. Just super easy.

Custom Hero was surprisingly fun too. Being unable to double jump threw me off though. I think I was a wolf or something. The electric Wispon is cool, but from the gameplay I saw I think Burst is better (I only got to play as the OC once and I picked the electric one). It is fun zapping along rings and through enemies though. The platforming felt less stiff than I expected. It was pretty floaty. The chase scene with the crab thing had major slowdown issues though.

So, yeah. I'm very excited to play it when it releases.

Which console did you happen to play on?

Just now, Soniman said:

Why are you bringing what I said up then? I don't know how clear I can be when I say I tend to not compare unrelated games to each other and let the games positives and negatives speak for itself, I honestly don't know how clearer I can be because you seem to assume I just settle for subpar games or question your own methods in judging games 

Apologies, it seems we have a misunderstanding...

I'm not trying to argue with you, I just felt like questioning your justification for not comparing games to each other, that is literately it. Every other word you said prior to that (and after) makes complete sense to me. Also I NEVER made the claim you only settle for subpar games only, I didn't expect you to take any of this personally lol :P

Also I never even told you how I judge games...I was playing devil's advocate as you will. When I said "People have standards" I didn't mean that in "Your standards suck" kind of way...I meant that in the general literal objective sense, as in, people have reasons to say one game is better than another based on past experiences and anticipation of the near (or not so near) future based on said past knowledge.

If anything I was more curious to see how you'd respond/explain yourself more than anything, wasn't trying to argue for the sake of arguing...

• Thumbs Up 1

I was mostly enjoying this game's setup even with Eggman taking over and winning. Yesterday showed so much of Eggman's victory being done with industrialization of Green Hill. It was actually exciting. 

Classic Sonic, 2D, Green Hill, all that shit I'm tired of? Didn't matter. The coming strength of their main badguy made up for it. I considered even buying it before the price drop. 

Then Infinite showed up today. Of course. I should have known better than to give SEGA props. Of course they'd find a way to fuck it up. Of course Eggman couldn't be granted strength he earned. Of course it had to be from someone else. Of fucking course. 

It's inevitable, Infinite is the main badguy here. He'll betray Eggman, toss him to the side or Sonic will beat him for an "lol Eggman final boss". Either case, the doc won't be treated well in this story. 

I'm out. This was the one thing I wanted for years and the minute they started showing that as a possibility they, with a smile on their face, jerked that away. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Which console did you happen to play on?

Hm... I was using an Xbox One controller, so probably that?

4 hours ago, Bowbowis said:

Honestly, I prefer Blaze as a serial rapist who's after the Chaos Emeralds because she wants to sell them to fuel her meth habit. I mean, sure, that flies in the face of established canon, but hey, SEGA stopped caring about that a long time ago and I never cared about in the first place so, by the logic I've been seeing here, if Forces decides to portray her like that we should all just be cool with it. Right?

OMG I'd LOVE to see this...imagine Blaze also smoking pot and saying "420 BLAZE IT!" at naseum to fit being a meth addict...

...I regret typing that as soon as I typed it, what have my standards become at this point lol, I guess I'm as ready for this clusterf**k as I'll ever be!

• Thumbs Up 1

And the word of the day kiddies is

UNFOCUSED!

As if this game couldn't be any less of a mess and clusterf*ck as, first off with three different game styles to OC creation to different tonal shifts to Classic Sonic to messy Hud/interface with other characters reduced to talking points. And now we have what is basically a story involving time traveling/alternate dimensions with Shadow on the side of villainy with other past villains and a new one named Infinite who has a 95% chance of being the real final boss, having this fan-fic kind of vibe along with an overload of nostalgia/fan pandering. I mean, I know its the Anniversary but man, it feels like it's doing too much and trying too hard and a hodge podge of ideas without any cohesion that it appalls me than it appeals me. Nothing really has been drawing me into this with how much they are showing off.

I'm more excited for Super Mario Odyssey as it feels more focused and centers on an idea to unlock its full potential than try to clutter it around with stuff found in focus/fan groups. Heck, even Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle an oddball and out of left field crossover with gameplay that is XCOM Lite I'm actually anticipating and feels that it has MORE FOCUS AND COHERENCE than this! A friggin' MarioxRabbids game for crying out loud! Yeesh!

If I'm to be honest I'm really not feeling this game like at all. The trailer didn't get me excited to buy this product. Don't get me wrong I'm still going to get the game but as of now I'm still eh on the whole thing. I'm not trying to ruin anybody's excitement of it I'm just indifferent on the whole thing for now I need them to show me more instead of just park avenue and green hill zone. 

• Thumbs Up 5