Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

Hands on!

https://techraptor.net/content/e3-2017-sonic-forces-hands-on-impressions

Sonic Mania is great, no doubt about that, but Sonic Forces is also setting itself up to be an especially awesome follow-up to Sonic Generations.

In fact, the game’s graphics looked very similar if not identical to how the game looked on PS4 and Xbox One, and I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the only difference between this version and those was 30FPS versus a smoother 60FPS. Either way, the game played great (with only minor slowdowns, that I expect to be patched before launch). Even compared to the fantastic Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces looks like it’ll be worth your time when it releases later this year.

• Thumbs Up 5

10 hours ago, doctorbenMD said:

Some thoughts:

-Maybe Shadow is working behind enemy lines? Sort of a double-agent? 

-Maybe there's multiple dimensions, thus this Classic Sonic is from a different dimension and the one from Generations is "younger Sonic."

-Looks like there's a chaos emerald on the neck of Infinite, hence why at the end of the trailer they show the infinity symbol as an "8"--as in, he's the 8th chaos emerald. But still the dark dick version of the avatar character.

Notanemerald.jpg.a9998e983f2ecbf97e31cea32e46b944.jpg

That's not a Chaos Emerald. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wait a second, Hoshino said one of his created characters would make a "cameo" in Forces, right? But going by the available footage we have, Shadow, Amy and Metal all seem to be playing decently sized roles at the very least. So who could he have been referring to? 

Don't know if this was posted already, but apparently Ohtani isn't the only composer for this game: 

Literally the best thing about Forces to me. Hopefully Hataya won't be composing just a single track like in Lost World.

44 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Wait a second, Hoshino said one of his created characters would make a "cameo" in Forces, right? But going by the available footage we have, Shadow, Amy and Metal all seem to be playing decently sized roles at the very least. So who could he have been referring to? 

Neo Metal Sonic? Sticks? 

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Dude! DUDE!

I don't think it means anything tbh. This sounds more like "Yes, I would have this make sense" and not some sort of tease of his involvement in this game.

i'll scream like a girl if he is actually involved tho

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

I don't think it means anything tbh. This sounds more like "Yes, I would have this make sense" and not some sort of tease of his involvement in this game.

i'll scream like a girl if he is actually involved tho

I remember a while back he tweeted out something like "If! If I was involved in Sonic Resistance 2017, I wouldn't be allowed to say anything about my involvement." Take that as you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

He literally only uses #KnowingSmile when he's involved in a project though. Because he Knows what's going on.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I knew the hands on impressions would be great!

This looks like a really cool and badass game, taking everything that makes Colors and Generations awesome and turning it up to 11!

It's never been a better time to be a Sonic fan!

Wait guys I just thought of something, since Eggman finally took over the world what if there's a cutscene where he keeps his promise from Sonic Heroes and finally pays Team Chaotix?

23 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Wait guys I just thought of something, since Eggman finally took over the world what if there's a cutscene where he keeps his promise from Sonic Heroes and finally pays Team Chaotix?

Other than Sonic games having less than zero continuity, that would be kinda funny if their whole motivation to joining the Resistance is that they stiffed them on his payment.

I can't see the Chaotix taking Eggman's offer seriously anyway, but it would be cute if they referenced that.

I could even see it happening if Ian Flynn really is involved in this game somehow. Seems like the kind of nod he'd throw in there.

• Thumbs Up 6

I had a thought about Chaos being bad again.

What if the events of Generations had a bigger effect on the timeline than we might've thought?

What if Chaos never had it's negative emotions neutralized because we fought it as regular Sonic?

But that's just a theory, a game th- Ah no, sorry.

• Thumbs Up 5

There's something about Infinite I don't like. Another villain trying to look better than Dr. Eggman and the other villains in the game, who have been in previous games. There are several villains throughout the modern series I don't like; 2006 villains, Erazor from Secret Rings, unsure about Black Knight, Black Doom from Shadow. The only villain so far in Sonic Boom that I dislike is Lyric. The deadly six were some of the better villains in the series, next to Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, Shadow in some cases and Chaos. I also thought Shadow was a hero/rival character since Sonic 2006 and Sonic Generations, and could be pretending to be a villain just to get close to Eggman and Infinite, while helping Sonic and the resistance at the same time. Now we just need Blaze, Rouge, Orbot and Cubot announced for the game and it'll be the ultimate Sonic game. Marza did a great job with the CGI for this game's trailers, I hope that we get a ton of CGI cutscenes in this game, as previous games only have about two-five CG cutscenes, Unleashed having the best CG intro in series history. Now we probably won't have a lot of CG because of the 2018 Sonic movie being made with the same animation.

3 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

There's something about Infinite I don't like. Another villain trying to look better than Dr. Eggman and the other villains in the game, who have been in previous games. There are several villains throughout the modern series I don't like; 2006 villains, Erazor from Secret Rings, unsure about Black Knight, Black Doom from Shadow. The only villain so far in Sonic Boom that I dislike is Lyric. The deadly six were some of the better villains in the series, next to Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, Shadow in some cases and Chaos. I also thought Shadow was a hero/rival character since Sonic 2006 and Sonic Generations, and could be pretending to be a villain just to get close to Eggman and Infinite, while helping Sonic and the resistance at the same time. Now we just need Blaze, Rouge, Orbot and Cubot announced for the game and it'll be the ultimate Sonic game. Marza did a great job with the CGI for this game's trailers, I hope that we get a ton of CGI cutscenes in this game, as previous games only have about two-five CG cutscenes, Unleashed having the best CG intro in series history. Now we probably won't have a lot of CG because of the 2018 Sonic movie being made with the same animation.

Ehhh...

It could be not even Sonic Team feel Eggman is worthy/competent of being the sole/head villain nowadays hence ALWAYS having someone/something present to take his place and/or buddy-up with him before ultimately betraying him in the end making Eggman look all the worse but...

Hey, at least this Infinite character DOES look interesting to say the least, a FAR better improvement over the D6 in design.

On 6/15/2017 at 0:23 PM, SBR2 said:

Dude! DUDE!

Hey, if he's on board there's another reason to ask why the other terrible writer/writers are back. That guy's all we need.

8 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Hey, if he's on board there's another reason to ask why the other terrible writer/writers are back. That guy's all we need.

Depends on how allegedly "terrible" they actually were and who found them to be such. 

I mean,  I get that it's likely hyperbole you're going for. But it's not conveyed the best. 

Otherwise, it's just needles taunting. 

So has anyone thought about what Meph... er, Infinite's characterization is going to be? My money's on "angstangstangstangst," but I think Infinite would be pretty cool if he/she/it was sinister, mocking, but still completely batshit insane. Not like Zazz, I was thinking along the lines of Tzeentch in "If The Emperor Had A Text-To-Speech Device."

https://youtu.be/bjBmT8y9PAU?t=7m18s

https://youtu.be/bjBmT8y9PAU?t=9m43s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM8YGsAmeqE&feature=youtu.be&t=5m36s

1 hour ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

So has anyone thought about what Meph... er, Infinite's characterization is going to be? My money's on "angstangstangstangst," but I think Infinite would be pretty cool if he/she/it was sinister, mocking, but still completely batshit insane. Not like Zazz, I was thinking along the lines of Tzeentch in "If The Emperor Had A Text-To-Speech Device."

https://youtu.be/bjBmT8y9PAU?t=7m18s

https://youtu.be/bjBmT8y9PAU?t=9m43s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM8YGsAmeqE&feature=youtu.be&t=5m36s

He'll probably just be needlessly grim with flimsy characterization and motivations but hey he looks cool?

I'm hoping he actually turns out to be Mephiles and it goes something like this

Sonic: Why are you doing this?

Infinite: I am here for my revenge!

Sonic: Who are you?!

Infinite: I am Mephiles the Dark!

Sonic: Come again?

Infinite: Mephiles the Dark!!!

Sonic: We've met before?

Infinite: Yes but my game was wiped from history and now I've returned to wipe all of you from history too!

Tails: Sonic will stop you! Wait...did you say...game?

*Everyone turns and faces the screen, we pan out and pass through a CRT screen. We're in Green Hill Zone. Classic Sonic runs through and smashes the TV set. 1-up music plays. Old continuity is dead. Sonic reboot coming 2021*

• Thumbs Up 5