Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

7 hours ago, Spooky Mulder said:

He'll probably just be needlessly grim with flimsy characterization and motivations but hey he looks cool?

I'm hoping he actually turns out to be Mephiles and it goes something like this

Reveal hidden contents

Sonic: Why are you doing this?

Infinite: I am here for my revenge!

Sonic: Who are you?!

Infinite: I am Mephiles the Dark!

Sonic: Come again?

Infinite: Mephiles the Dark!!!

Sonic: We've met before?

Infinite: Yes but my game was wiped from history and now I've returned to wipe all of you from history too!

Tails: Sonic will stop you! Wait...did you say...game?

*Everyone turns and faces the screen, we pan out and pass through a CRT screen. We're in Green Hill Zone. Classic Sonic runs through and smashes the TV set. 1-up music plays. Old continuity is dead. Sonic reboot coming 2021*

But...wouldn't doing that just

Spoiler

give Classic Sonic the old continuity?

Are you guys thinking there will be any new reveals/news on Friday? Or did they already blow their load at E3? 

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

Are you guys thinking there will be any new reveals/news on Friday? Or did they already blow their load at E3? 

I don't exactly expect more trailers, but announcements clarifying trailers are always a possibility.

I liked the trailer, old enemies coming back and bonding together to defeat sonic is pretty cool, I'm guessing either because of Infinite's dimension merging capabilities all the different iterations of shadow and chaos temporarily existed, but Eggman / Infinite selected the iteration before the end of SA2, so he still has it out for sonic. Same for Chaos. However, this is Pontac and Co. so I doubt anything that complex was even considered haha (would be cool though). It would make sense given his title, Infinite, ie either his power is infinite or he can control everything and so decides to merge dimensions to aid Dr Eggman for... reasons. 

More than likely either brainwashing or Infinite promises the two something for their cooperation (e.g. Chaos -> Wellbeing of Chao, Shadow -> Maria despite the fact that Shadow accepted her death so if continuity meant anything that wouldn't really work lol). I hope they give Zavok a better backstory or at least a 3D personality as he was easily the best of the Zeti. 

And what's with the weird 8 and infinity at the end of the trailer? Obviously, infinity could represent Infinite but what about the 8? Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald? New magic plot McGuffins?

Both Forces and Mania are looking pretty promising I just hope Sonic Team focuses on a cohesive, interesting narrative considering how much emphasis they are placing on it.

5 hours ago, Zippo said:

What's happening on Friday?

1 hour ago, HyperShadic said:

What's happening on Friday?

The Sonic franchise's 26th anniversary. I'm sure they have at least one thing planned. 

I'm expecting a simple happy birthday tweet from the sonic Twitter account.

So It turns out that Sonic Forces will have three story modes, each character having their own take on story similar to the Adventure games. 

GC: In Sonic Forces we will see different kinds of gameplay, with modern-style levels, 2D levels, and custom character levels. How do those different levels fit together? 

Shun Nakamura: As you're playing as classic Sonic or modern Sonic or the customizable hero avatar character, the unifying trend through all this gameplay and the reason we are having you play all these different types of games, it sort of goes all the way back to Sonic Adventure 2, and having the story being told from different perspectives. So as you're playing as modern Sonic you're going to hear part of this bigger story from the perspective of modern Sonic. Then you'll play as classic Sonic and you'll get classic Sonic's part of the story. And when you put it all together it's going to tell this epic tale of what's been going on.

And that goes for the customizable character too and how your avatar character starts off as a regular person and then goes on this amazing adventure with the two Sonics, and takes the world back from Doctor Eggman

This is coming from GameCrate. If you want the full interview:

https://www.gamecrate.com/interview-takashi-iizuka-and-shun-nakamura-state-sonic-2017/16493

What do you guys think about that?

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Joellui said:

So It turns out that Sonic Forces will have three story modes, each character having their own take on story similar to the Adventure games. 

https://www.gamecrate.com/interview-takashi-iizuka-and-shun-nakamura-state-sonic-2017/16493

Sounds like we will be playing as them in similar fashion to sonic adventure 2 where you start off as sonic but are forced to play as tails and knuckles in the hero mode to complete it. I don't think we'll select a playable sonic then play as that one sonic the whole game.

Shun clarifies how there's not 3 separate stories so I'm guessing is, you play a stage as that character and you'll see what their perspective on that time.

• Thumbs Up 4

Good gracious, That would've been overkill!

8 hours ago, Joellui said:

Good god, at one point Iizuka says he was worried that people were going to react poorly to Mania because it's made in pixels and sprites. When you take one look at the top sellers on any online storefront, that perception comes off as incredibly out of touch. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_oriikfQ7Gr1u15z5vo1_1280.jpg

I'm kind of glad they didn't do this

One of these things doesn't belong...

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

At least 9 of these things don't belong.

Everyone but Metal Sonic?

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Everyone but Metal Sonic?

Infinite should not be there either.

Edited by Joellui

There shouldn't be a new bad guy period. I thought this was supposed to be Eggman finally wining WITHOUT outside help.

19 minutes ago, Joellui said:

There shouldn't be a new bad guy period. I thought this was supposed to be Eggman finally wining WITHOUT outside help.

How is Eggman supposed to win without outside help exactly? Sonic has trumped his plans every single time without fail, so it's only natural that the only way Eggman could win is by outside help.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

How is Eggman supposed to win without outside help exactly? Sonic has trumped his plans every single time without fail, so it's only natural that the only way Eggman could win is by outside help.

Even though all those times, he had outside help. Dark Gaia, Chaos, Shadow to a degree, The Zeti, etc. So why not do something different and have him do all this by himself. Although IMO I would've just let him use the Chaos Emeralds and that's the only thing I would let him have. 

Other than that goodbye. 

If he always loses even with help, how are we supposed to believe he can do anything on his own? The only thing that seems capable of giving him any advantage is the absence of Sonic, both in this and Chronicles.