Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Nepenthe said:

My argument is that his lack of overt altruism does not necessarily translate into a meaningfully antagonistic role towards Sonic due to the character development he's undergone in the games where Sonic Team decidedly gave more of a damn about him.

If we only focus on the games where story was a huge factor, it's abundantly clear that Shadow rarely sees eye-to-eye with Sonic. And again, we don't know much about the plot.

The fact that Shadow believes the world is worth saving doesn't automatically mean the following:

- That he also thinks humans are best left to their own devices rather than controlled with an iron fist. 

- That he can't be deceived into thinking there's a non-nefarious means of getting back Maria (or anything else he might want). 

- That he's incapable of having a different idea of how the world should be saved. 

- That he's not being forced to do this against his will. 

With this in mind, I honestly believe that nothing about this game will clash with Shadow's character. 

• Thumbs Up 4

This might be slightly off topic but can we talk about the eyeball sega logo, or the 90's thing ever?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Whatever the WhoCares said:

The fact that Shadow believes the world is worth saving doesn't automatically mean the following:

"This world is worth saving!

But that Green Hill Zone can just turn to sand! And the Ozone!? Climate change is a myth covefe!"

We're now in bad fan fiction territory with these justifications now.

16 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Maybe Infinite promised Shadow to bring back Maria?

Just when you think the story couldn't be anymore stupid! MARIA!

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

"This world is worth saving!

But that Green Hill Zone can just turn to sand! And the Ozone!? Climate change is a myth covefe!"

We're now in bad fan fiction territory with these justifications now.

What do you got for the other ones? I mean other than the "bad fan fiction" cop-out?

31 minutes ago, Soniman said:

if the only argument is just the usual "because sonic team sucks" generalization then I have nothing else to say, this why I dont try to debate anymore lol

Look, if your cook screwed your dinner up by overcooking it but then promised to do better next time, only to tomorrow undercook it and continue this cycle for years, would you just keep eternally giving him chances to get it right?

I get giving people a chance, but come on, there has to be a limit. I'm curious, how many more times does Sonic Team need to screw up their stories and characterization before you finally say "I'm done"?

10 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

If we only focus on the games where story was a huge factor, it's abundantly clear that Shadow rarely sees eye-to-eye with Sonic. And again, we don't know much about the plot.

The very last game in which Shadow had major story relevance, he was significantly in tune with Sonic and the cooperated with nary a complaint. The fact that the game erased itself doesn't mean much either as nothing within their relationship was necessarily dependent upon any factors in the game's timeline. Shadow cooperated and bailed Sonic out of trouble because it's inherently in his present-day character to do so within the situations that call for it, and I would think actual DEFCON 1 would be one such situation.

- That he also thinks humans are best left to their own devices rather than controlled with an iron fist. 

When has Shadow ever seriously espoused totalitarianism when in his right mind?

- That he can't be deceived into thinking there's a non-nefarious means of getting back Maria (or anything else he might want). 

He literally and metaphorically threw his past away at the end of ShtH. He also turned down Mephiles' offer to avoid potentially being oppressed by humanity because he's not so selfish as to throw the world under the bus, even for his own presumed well-being.

- That he's incapable of having a different idea of how the world should be saved. 

When has Shadow not also punched the bad guy at the end of the day?

- That he's not being forced to do this against his will. 

I've already explained why I feel this is annoying.

With this in mind, I honestly believe that nothing about this game will clash with Shadow's character. 

I'm not even sure if you fully understand Shadow's character.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

What do you got for the other ones? I mean other than the "bad fan fiction" cop-out?

Shit fan fiction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, pppp said:

Look, if your cook screwed your dinner up by overcooking it but then promised to do better next time, only to tomorrow undercook it and continue this cycle for years, would you just keep eternally giving him chances to get it right?

I get giving people a chance, but come on, there has to be a limit. I'm curious, how many more times does Sonic Team need to screw up their stories and characterization before you finally say "I'm done"?

Guess it depends on taste and whether or not you feel that cook really screwed up that much.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

Well there was that one time in the comic..... OH NO THAT"S WHAT THAT PICTURE WAS ABOUT

This games real writer is... KEN PENDERS

Just now, Alienrun said:

Did you consider for a second that maybe this guy doesn't think Sonic Team is doing that bad OR that he's actually impressed with the new footage?

I was trying to get him to see why the people that are skeptic about ST's abilities are like that.

5 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

The very last game in which Shadow had major story relevance, he was significantly in tune with Sonic and the cooperated with nary a complaint. The fact that the game erased itself doesn't mean much either as nothing within their relationship was necessarily dependent upon any factors in the game's timeline. Shadow cooperated and bailed Sonic out of trouble because it's inherently in his present-day character to do so within the situations that call for it, and I would think a Defcon 1 would be one such situation.

He literally and metaphorically threw his past away at the end of ShtH.

1. I don't know. Not everything has to have already happened. 

2. Good point. I guess it's not about Maria. 

3. "At the end of the day." Exactly. 

4. So it's an invalid plot idea?

5. What does that even mean? Get off your high horse. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's one thing I'm curious about, how is Zavok working with Eggman again after what happened in Lost world?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Forces, with each passing trailer, gameplay footage and detail, is becoming more and more the game I wanted when I was 16 years old.

From the edgier story, the "banding of the villains," the nostalgic pandering, all of Sonic's friends taking part to the custom fancharacter. I'd have drooled over this like a madman. The story is definitely something I'm curious about this time, but everything is leaving a bad taste in my mouth now.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I feel so sorry for anyone genuinely  excited for this,  because they're gonna get scrutinized so hard lol.

Such a welcoming community.

We'll see about that when the game comes out.

3 minutes ago, pppp said:

I was trying to get him to see why the people that are skeptic about ST's abilities are like that.

Bit of advice. Just telling people something is bad and that a company is allegedly constantly screwing up,  is not the best way of entry on that venture. 

Needs more detail for starters. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Johnny Boy said:

Here's one thing I'm curious about, how is Zavok working with Eggman again after what happened in Lost world?

conch again maybe

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

The very last game in which Shadow had major story relevance, he was significantly in tune with Sonic and the cooperated with nary a complaint. The fact that the game erased itself doesn't mean much either as nothing within their relationship was necessarily dependent upon any factors in the game's timeline. Shadow cooperated and bailed Sonic out of trouble because it's inherently in his present-day character to do so within the situations that call for it, and I would think actual DEFCON 1 would be one such situation.

He literally and metaphorically threw his past away at the end of ShtH.

As for the past, maybe the villain managed to force his past back into his life?

4. So it's an invalid plot idea?

No, its a pretty shitty contrived one. But technically , it is a plot. 

5. What does that even mean? Get off your high horse. 

You might not have an understanding of the characters motivation up until this point, and maybe you should go back and review them.