Awoo.

Sonic Forces E3 Trailer "The Next Generations" *Huge Spoilers in OP

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I did address the counter points. The ones made by Nepenthe... who then of course resorted to "nah-uh" rhetoric. Just like you. The fact that I haven't addressed any of your points relates exactly to this: you never devolved into brainlessness. It's all you offered to begin with. 

Lol you've ignored several posts and now resorted to "well my reasons are valid yours are not" Frankly this conversation is now making me noatalgic for people who were defending Shadows random ressurection in Sonic Heroes back in the early 2000's.

You've only had one demo decent excuse for what Shadow is doing and even then it's easily explained away.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Drunk Michael Myers said:

The Custom Charachter gameplay looks so simple. Theres like 8 enemies in a row everywhere and all you have to do is hold R2 or wathever so blast them with a flamethrower. Wheres the challange? Nothing. And the Classic Sonic gameplay is just a bad emulation of what once was good. And the level design is so boring. Just alot of straight lines. It might not be as bad as Shadow or 2006, bud it's gonna be the dullest Sonic 3D game since heroes.

Well keep in mind it is still the opening stages. Though I do agree about the Enemy placements and it looking lackluster in classic mode.

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

What?

The last "dark times" of 3D Sonic games involved games that were universally panned by critics and fans alike, games that were so glitchy, poorly designed, and borderline unplayable that it very nearly killed the Sonic brand for good.

I don't think it's "dark times" because a game came out that you don't like.

Lost World and Rise of Lyric say hi.

2 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Except I only conceded on one of the points,

You ceded on one and couldn't think of a rebuttal for another.

and healthily countered the others.

This:

19 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

1. I don't know. Not everything has to have already happened. 

2. Good point. I guess it's not about Maria. 

3. "At the end of the day." Exactly. 

4. So it's an invalid plot idea?

5. What does that even mean? Get off your high horse. 

is not a "healthy counter," especially with the jab at me at the end.

Shadow is not necessarily a believer in freedom for everyone. Just himself.

This doesn't actually refute anything I've said, nor has this necessarily been proven in this argument.

Every time there was a dilemma, it was between destroying the world and saving it. Now it has to do with shaping it in Eggman's vision. 

Please point to to me

A.) a game in which he wanted the world specifically shaped in Dr. Eggman's vision of his own volition,

and B.) Where in this trailer we've gotten word that he's even potentially working for Eggman and not Infinite in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lost World doesn't even meet those criteria. It was just recieved as "eh" by everyone and forgotten. It certainly wasn't broken or unplayable, even if it wasn't great.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I've been holding back asking, but if people are this far offboard with the game, why even bother giving it attention anymore? Not giving what you don't like money is the clearest way of communicating what you feel to the people making these things, why do we need to step all over the people who actually like this thing? You're not going to make them not-buy it. It'll just make them feel like they're buying it out of spite against you.

Simple.

To make sure it never happens again.

Sonic Team are prone to intimidation/fear and reflect on it in the long run. Do it enough, they back into the corner.

Kind of like obedience training. Eventually, they get the picture.

...Then do something else wrong instead.

1 minute ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I've been holding back asking, but if people are this far offboard with the game, why even bother giving it attention anymore?

Because whether I like it or not I'm still technically a fan of the series so I can't help but look on in horror.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, this game is literally Sonic Generations 2 but with new stages and a character creator. lmao

I was fucking HYPED when I saw Chaos Zero though. And he looks slick as fuck.

Problem is, I don't like that Shadow is on the enemy's side. Dude's been a sort of villain/rival that hasn't helped Sonic since Sonic 06, and he's been portrayed as a villain since then. lol

Just now, Josh said:

DCOPlgGUAAE3iBQ.jpg

I hate this game man LOL

Tell me that isn't official?

4 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

why do we need to step all over the people who actually like this thing? 

You going to provide links to the people doing that? Assuming they exist and it's not just criticism you disagree with?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Rise of Lyric I can understand, but since when did Lost World fall into the "very nearly killed the Sonic brand for good" category? Last I checked it was only really regarded as "alright I guess", not IP-killingly bad.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Ayliffe said:

Last I checked it was only really regarded as "alright I guess", not IP-killingly bad.

Does anyone consider it a "good game" though?

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Tell me that isn't official?

It's not official. It's Nibroc's render. About 3 months old.

Shadow Friend or Foe? Sonic Forces wallpaper

(click on image for link)

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Uh....

Someone on the tweet chain said he checked and it's fake, so...

Are people not allowed to vocalize any disappointment or negative opinions whatsoever?

Why is this always the argument that people have when someone dares to criticize how someone gives an opinion and not opinions themselves? Like, I even say "it's okay if you don't like it". But people seem to constantly ignore things, no matter how blunt it is.

I already explained that it's not that an opinion was shared, it's that it has been a repetitive cycle of apparent misery in regards to this game every time something new comes out. It just feels pointless to beat a dead horse and repeat yourself.

Plenty of people were willing to give this game a chance, especially with the promise of E3 blowing the lid off of more things that could have been more interesting and cool and more palatable.

Um, no. Judging by how the Forces megathread had gone, no one had given this game a chance for months now. Maybe more so pre-July 2016, but even then, E3 didn't change what seemed to be opinions on a game that had already been reached.

Plenty of people have also been fair in noting some of the cool and positive things about the game every time something new has dropped; I know I've been one of them.

If that has been the case, I sure haven't seen any of that. It's pretty hard to see that when every Forces thread turns into a giant angry mob and 10 people gang up on anyone that disagrees even the slightest on that anger.

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

Plenty of people have also ultimately concluded that this game will, at worst, be mediocre, and at best be a ridiculous time that'll be entertaining the first time through.

I literally just replied to someone a moment ago who already concluded it's shit and another who declared "it's the dark times of 3D Sonic" again. It's more than just "it'll be mediocre".

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Lost World is up for debate. It depends on who you talk to.

I'd only concede about Rise of Lyric.

And even then, that's one game. The past "dark times" involved many Sonic games over a span of roughly 5-6 years (depending on your opinions on Unleashed). Not just 1-2 of them.

Who the fuck gave Sonic Team the issues of Archie's Comics Worlds Unite and told them this was a good idea?

I can only hope they surprise me with some actual good storytelling, because this is just like that kind of clusterfuck...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Does anyone consider it a "good game" though?

It's got a Metacritic score of 63 with a user score of 7.3, so... yeah, it pretty much falls under the "...eh, s'alright" category and not under the "so utterly broken and awful that it nearly killed the Sonic IP for good" category (for comparison, RoL has a Metacritic of 32, which I'd definitely concede could've easily killed off Sonic for good).

• Thumbs Up 9

3 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

Drop dash confirmed.

Oooh, have they opened the showfloor demo up now the trailer's out?

5 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Guys, I get that you may not like the game but please don't attack the ones who like it and think it's good.

Attacking why you think game is naff != attacking people for liking game.

• Thumbs Up 1

My mind was blown after watching that. Like who knew!?! And am I the only one who thinks that the new villain is somewhat like Silver. Everything I knew about the game was thrown out until I saw this and Shadow man, why is he a bad guy though? Even chaos! Why is Chaos there? I don't know about you guys but it's theory time for me!