Awoo.

Possible Sonic Forces Boxart/Key Art

Badnik Mechanic

How did Sonic's left (right to us) arm get behind his spike like that?

• Thumbs Up 6

Of the four returning villains announced today, they chose the best one for this art. I approve.

Also, notice how OC guy has a Purple Frenzy-themed Wispon. I thought all the Nega-Wisps got turned back to normal at the end of Colors? It's probably a result of the same time/space wibbly-wobbly that brought Classic Sonic back.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope they add the other baddies on the poster later on, as there's enough space and it'd make a great constrast with Sonic's crew.

Art looks okay I guess. Not what I'd call boxart material but I 

19 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

aaand it's ruined. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I like it.

The new villain seems to be a bat? The ears make me think of Noivern from Pokémon.

34 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

You can move your arms behind your hair.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cool art. But they're proper cock-teasing with Tails and Knuckles there. 

4 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Ignorance is bliss; why did I have to read this? Now I can't stop looking at that. Damn you and your awareness.

6 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Also, notice how OC guy has a Purple Frenzy-themed Wispon.

Eh, I'm getting more of a Violet Void theme out of that Wispon. The Wisp powers on display so far (burst and Ivory) seem to slant over from the handheld titles a bit more prominently, which would put us right in the voids wheelhouse. Plus, its easier to wrap my head around a vacuum void weapon for the CaC in the face of a melee chomping one...

just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Why did they change the Custom Hero's color from Red to Cyan?

Probably to emphasize that they're a customizable character, and don't have a defined look. 

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Wolfy said:

Looks busy to me tbh, prolly could do without Tails and Knuckles in the shot

They're easy sells... which honestly gives the whole thing a bit of a dishonest edge.

Honestly this is probably the most compelling, head-turning box art since Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. 

I wonder how they'll adapt it for the slender Switch boxes. 

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

They're easy sells... which honestly gives the whole thing a bit of a dishonest edge.

Its only dishonest if Tails and Knux play minimal parts in the story. Otherwise its perfectly fine to include them to balance out the "Forces" concept.

Not sure I am able to get my hopes up for Knux, but seeing as Tails is more than likely the one who invented the Wispon, I could easily see him playing a large role in the Avatar's story, on top of whatever he's doing with Sonic(s).

The reason Tails and Knuckles are there is to illustrate the prominent role of Sonic's friends in the story, or at least in the scene-setting.  Busy or not, you can't really cut them, though moving them might be possible (especially for the Switch boxart).