Awoo.

What YOU Think of Sonic Forces

Blue Blood

The good for me:

The .music  it's amazing and brings me back to adventure era music

Infinite. About time we got another good villain outside eggman. I love the guy but infinite seems the right amount of badass

The oc maker. I'm sure we all have tried once to imagine our own characters

The story so far

The bad:

Cutscenes. Honestly why can't they just make them all like Sonics 06 opening style

The boost gameplay.  Just don't care for it

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Because it is also goofier than Forces looks to be. And it doesn't even seem to use much of the Mario roster.

And what do you think of the new characters added starting with Colors?

Just because I prefer action over light hearted tone that doesn't mean that's all I want. The problem with the recent games is that it's mostly sunshine and rainbows with little action where I'd be cool with some kind of balance.

Sticks is ok. Deadly Six were generic Koopalings that could have been more interesting. Infinite I'm curious to see where they go but not enough to get the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 2:20 PM, knuckles20 said:

Just because I prefer action over light hearted tone that doesn't mean that's all I want. The problem with the recent games is that it's mostly sunshine and rainbows with little action where I'd be cool with some kind of balance.

Sticks is ok. Deadly Six were generic Koopalings that could have been more interesting. Infinite I'm curious to see where they go but not enough to get the game.

Mario+Rabbids also seems to be about 90% sunshine and rainbows to me.

Generations Classic had mediocore level design, and Colors too? I thought they both did it well, tough the filler acts of Colors definitly exemplify the blocky complaints.

In my mind level design Forces sits somewhere in the Advance/Rush area.

I want to play this game despite all of its blatant red flags (and there are many) but I don't want to pay full price for it, because I have the feeling Forces is going to somehow end up shorter than Mania. The only thing that'll probably make this game longer is the ridiculous Sonic Team padding they put in every game. 

In a slightly bizzare way (and in my head) I think the game's reception is going to pan out like Mario & Sonic 2016 Olympics. How? Well. 

Its not known that much, but well the Olympics and main Sonic games share many of the same developers in the leads of programmers, directors etc. and since the first Winter Olympic its made in the same division.

In my mind the reception of each Olympic games paralells of that Sonic game in the same period. The first title was bad to mediocore, like Sonic 2006 and Secret Rings in 2007/2006. Winter one in 2009 was an overall a decent step up but not great, like Unleashed. Then 2012 London Olympics, I felt, was the first game where it clicked and it was  actually good Party game! Kinda the same with Generations, it being great. Then the Wii U game meandered a bit, with the Rio Olympics 2016 being an improvement (over Lost World), with Forces being the equavilent to to the 2016 game, and Lost World to the 2013 one.

Whatever

19 hours ago, ChikaBoing said:

Generations Classic had mediocore level design, and Colors too? I thought they both did it well, tough the filler acts of Colors definitly exemplify the blocky complaints.

In my mind level design Forces sits somewhere in the Advance/Rush area.

The level design in these games is fine, it works, but the level design and control scheme makes it feel very bland. When you compare the 2d sections/levels in these games to other 2D platformers out there they don't hold up and its such a shame because the classics had such unique mechanics and expansive level design. Why play these modern Sonic games when other games offer much better platforming (with more levels, a longer length and probably a cheaper price too)I don't know why they choose to go with such a blocky approach when Sonic was known for its unique slops and physics, and it seems to be sticking around in Forces. Hell, they even went as far to make the background environments mostly squares and basic geometric shapes. Just look at Green Hill in Forces. It seems like they're no longer even trying to disguise they have no slopes or physics.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:28 PM, Miru the Living Planet said:

Mario+Rabbids also seems to be about 90% sunshine and rainbows to me.

I really don't care. My point is that there is more that interests me in that game than either Mania or Forces.

Ehh, I'm not impressed so far. 

Infinite seems like a very boring villain from what little we've seen of him; Sure, he's dark and foreboding, but where's his personality? Bah, next. Can't say I'm terribly interested in the character-creation aspect of the game either. Compound this with the fact that I've never liked the boost gameplay and I suppose my expectations are tepid at best.

I dunno. You'd think the overall premise of Eggman finally ruling the world would totally be my jam, but so far I'm not really feeling the hype. I'm sure the game will have moments and aspects that I enjoy, but right now they really haven't sold me on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll admit to not paying Forces any attention due to a lack of ability to play the game. That being said I think it's a fun idea to allow customized characters for you to lay with, since I like that idea in the 2 Dragon Ball Xenoverse games. 

Can someone tell me why some people have a problem with chaos being a villian. I've never seen a appearance from him wheres he's not a villian 

5 minutes ago, SuaveKnux said:

Can someone tell me why some people have a problem with chaos being a villian. I've never seen a appearance from him wheres he's not a villian 

He was purified and returned good again, blah, blah, he was already a villian in the the first Generations, blah, blah.

Real talk it's more of the latter. Much like the whole game it feels like another needless retread from a better product.

Chaos was only a "villain" in SA because he was still angry about the echidnas trampling the chao. By the end of the game he's calmed down and is able to move on. Literally, even, since he seemed to ascend to the afterlife with Tikal. So it's not clear why he's even around at all, even less why he's working for Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ever since the interview with Nakamura, my hopes have gone down drastically. So understand this: Chaos being evil again is going to be contrived. 

1 hour ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Ever since the interview with Nakamura, my hopes have gone down drastically. So understand this: Chaos being evil again is going to be contrived. 

A contrived explanation is better than none at all. 

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

itsbetterthannothing.thumb.png.23a2fea1c4f45a609b5b73866d0f3509.png

If the only answer you can come up with is "it's better than nothing", then you'll probably find that nothing would indeed be better. In this case, that could mean either no Chaos or no story, or both.

Yeah, if everyone making the game has to come up with obviously manufactured reasoning as to why it is what it is, then its clear this was just a game they were told to make. The only genuine aspect of it is the whole rebellion idea. They wanted to make a game where Eggman won and they're a resistance. That's pretty cool. Shame that they had to take Generation's backbone and shunt it into the mix, and then add a pointless Original the playable Character.

Its really fucking sad that Generations success has now become Sonic Team's biggest curse. They can't move on from it. They don't appear to be allowed to.

I would rather that there be nothing at all, than a passionless Generations 2.

• Thumbs Up 8

Now that you mention, if we could play Tails, Knuckles and the Chaotix instead of Classic Sonic and the avatar, I'd be really hyped for this game.

It's interesting how Sonic Forces smells like old Sega, while Sonic Mania smells like a new/older Sega (by "older" I mean the Mega Drive age Sega), in terms of quality.

Let's hope the new/older Sega beats the old Sega in the following years. I have so much faith in projects like Mania and Sega Forever bringing back old great franchises, and quality. Especially quality. As I've said many times, Sega has as many great IPs as Nintendo, or maybe even more. They need good developers (like Mania Team), but also good directors, ones that can see Sega's true potential. Y'know, if Apple was able to come back to life when Steve Jobs came back and pointed the company the right direction, why couldn't Sega?

14 hours ago, Scar said:

Its really fucking sad that Generations success has now become Sonic Team's biggest curse. They can't move on from it. They don't appear to be allowed to.

Well if forces doesn't work out, I guess they might be freed, but with worse consequences if that's the case. But I don't quite thing they aren't allowed to, I think they don't know how to successfully at this point. 

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Well if forces doesn't work out, I guess they might be freed, but with worse consequences if that's the case. But I don't quite thing they aren't allowed to, I think they don't know how to successfully at this point. 

They tried once with Lost World which had some nice ideas, but poor execution. I think Iizuka understands the limitations of the boost gameplay well enough, but due to the failures of Boom and LW, has gone back to the Boost+classic combo (whether that was by coercion or free will is pure conjecture).

Frankly, I hope that if Forces fails, they are freed from the shackles of Generations, cause lord knows 3D Sonic needs a paradigm shift.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is only a theory, but...

I've been thinking.

People have speculated on what Infinite's powers are and have noted Chaos and the other villains kinda glitching out, like an illusion? What if Classic Sonic is also an illusion and isn't actually there? They make it like some kind of sad send off from the modern series cause Classic Sonic doesn't belong in it, I'd actually forgive Classic Sonic's inclusion in Forces. Maybe there's a point to Nakamura saying why he specifically went with Classic Sonic as a playable character?

Seriously, that would be genius.

It'd also explain why he's the only classic character in Sonic Forces!

If they play their cards right Sonic Team could produce something very emotional here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess many explanations will come after Mania's release. People should know why classic Sonic is there, and why everyone is evil again.