Awoo.

What YOU Think of Sonic Forces

Blue Blood

33 minutes ago, Sgt Jack V said:

I'm honestly very, VERY slowly losing faith in this game, as it wasn't the SatAM game I hoped it was.

It was never going to be a SatAM game. What possessed you to think it would be?

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Sgt Jack V said:

I'm honestly very, VERY slowly losing faith in this game, as it wasn't the SatAM game I hoped it was.

I'm not one to to strike down hope and optimism........but ask yourself,  did you really actually believe SEGA were gonna go there?

Between the Sega re-designs of the Archie cast and the resistance tagline for the game, Sega didn't exactly shoot that pipe-dream down.

But its still just a pipe-dream. If they really want to test those waters, paid DLC Freedom Fighter skins for the Avatar character. Sega seriously does not get their fair share of mileage out of DLC revenue. I'd pay $2 bucks for a Sally or a Bunnie or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if they did try and get mileage out of DLC there still wouldn't be any SatAM assets. 

Honestly, I wouldn't want to see those anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/18/2017 at 4:41 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Even if they did try and get mileage out of DLC there still wouldn't be any SatAM assets. 

Right because that will interfere in you creating a 100% original OC called Love the Hedgefox who is Sonics only one true waifu and not Amy or Sally.

Hey me personally I would welcome some bonuses like the ability to make the SatAM characters as opposed to Sonic clone #500102

And maybe this time we can make a sonic character who has toes!

Wait that is the real pipe dream, sure I am not a foot fetishist but I would love to see the end of bad sonic fan art of blob footed sonic characters.

Come on sega this isnt the dreamcast era no more you can add more anatomy on your characters and you know you can do it from your experience with making sonic a goddamned werewolf.

On 6/18/2017 at 4:41 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Sega is very particular about what's theirs and what they reference

10 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Right because that will interfere in you creating a 100% original OC called Love the Hedgefox who is Sonics only one true waifu and not Amy or Sally.

No. It's just not something I'd personally like to see.

The latest demos have been great! Lots of blistering speed, Classic Sonic's levels and music is great and the avatar looks like a blast! Sonic is back!

3 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

No. It's just not something I'd personally like to see.

Well look at it this way, SatAM had a chipmunk and a walrus who are not options so far in Forces.

The sonic universe has like 600 hedgehogs as it is so wshy not?

Plus SatAM had a dragon.

That would be rather cool to play as.

1 hour ago, MadmanRB said:

Well look at it this way, SatAM had a chipmunk and a walrus who are not options so far in Forces.

The sonic universe has like 600 hedgehogs as it is so wshy not?

Because I'm not basing this off of what species the characters I play as are. 

If you mean by characters well then I would love to make a Bunnie or a Rotor or even a Antoine as why the hell not.

I think thats the appeal for me here as it shuts people up about the SatAM characters as not being cannon yet now I can possibly do that by proxy.

Hey if Amy can be a cannon immigrant why not?

As newsflash if you are only pro segasonic characters camp Amy was introduced in the Sonic mangas first and not the main game series

50 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

If you mean by characters well then I would love to make a Bunnie or a Rotor or even a Antoine as why the hell not.

I think thats the appeal for me here as it shuts people up about the SatAM characters as not being cannon yet now I can possibly do that by proxy.

As newsflash if you are only pro segasonic characters camp Amy was introduced in the Sonic mangas first and not the main game series

I believe it's been said that Amy's creation was actually inspired by the character of the same name from the manga, not directly adapted from it. Even if she was, she's a huge exception to the rule anyway. Hardly anything made for Sonic outside of Sonic Team's games is adapted into the main games. The only other supposed canon immigrant to the series are Sonic's fondness for chili dogs from the early Western cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not absolutely loving everything I'm seeing, I think Mania will far and away be the better game, but I'm more positive about it than most. Modern Sonic seems to be a huge improvement, though, from what I've seen and heard, and that's mostly what i care about. The character customization options seem to hugely fleshed out, which is not something i expected. It may not end up being an incredible game, but it's looking like a good, fun one at the very least. Looking forward to playing it on my Switch in portable mode during the holidays. 

19 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The only other supposed canon immigrant to the series are Sonic's fondness for chili dogs from the early Western cartoons.

Don't forget Shadow's inhibitor rings.

While Shadow lost them in SA2, it was Sonic X that pushed the narrative of them serving as limit boosters. Sonic 06 just kind of piggybacked on the idea a few years down the line and then the comics just flat out ran with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game absolutely scares me in what it's trying to do.

On one hand, we've got the Generations/Colors gameplay we've all become immune to, rather if we like it or not, albeit now with the double-jump from Colors and Lost World that I wasn't entirely fond of and probably wisps, which I didn't like past Colors. To get REALLY NITPICKY for a second, I'm not the biggest fan of the boost effect nor the Sonic ball that comes whenever he jumps. It's the weird-looking streams from Rush all over again.

TL;DR. On the other hand, there's Classic Sonic, which is redundant, given that he's about to have his OWN GAME. What makes it even worse is that Sonic Team's clearly ignorant to what Christian Whitehead and the others are doing with Mania since the physics are still off like in Generations and they're going back to the Sonic 4 route of doing the strange chiptune music. Also, I've got the oddest hunch that the level designers are running out of ideas in terms of his stages because things are starting to look, well, dull.

Then there's the avatars. Haven't got a problem with them personally, and the facts that there are wisps all over their stages are A-OK with me. As long as Sonic doesn't have too many, go nuts, Sonic Team. The level design issue is definitely prevalent here, with whole 2d sections full of enemies waiting in lines to be mowed down by your Wilson flamethrower, essentially. The music is... questionable. Now the argument can be made that Crush 40, Bowl for Soup, Cash Cash, whoever contributed vocals to the series are drenched in cheese, but these guys... dear GOD... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!? It's the generic "believe in yourself" BS that you've heard in children's entertainment time and time again, and it's making me doubt the game's supposed darker tone. In FACT, we all know that Sonic's going to win at the end of the day, so what's really even the point? It's almost like the quote "We beat him all the time! It's like our job or something!" from Generations sums up the current games perfectly.

Then there's the modeling... it's pretty weird in those dialogue bubble things. 

Point is, this game is scaring me even more than Lost World did because SEGA claims this to be Sonic's comeback of sorts, and I really want to believe that. In the months to come, they better make some serious improves. Otherwise, the modern series could be in deep trouble.

Oh yeah, and here's a drawing I made.

3726012-R6ElUkYJAe347NCr (1).jpg

modern and classic gameplay looks decent enough. don't like the limited boost or the wisps though. 

avatar gameplay looks like ass. like a poor man ratchet and clank or some shit RIP sonic

Gonna go for a bulletpoint list on this one, instead of a multiparagraph rant:

-Infinite looks like a stupid concept. Not to say other Sonic games haven't had their share of that, but this time around in particular I just sorta... cringed at him when he appeared in his reveal trailer. I just don't like him, really.

-Classic Sonic is back, and at least one impression that I've read suggests that they've improved nothing about him from Generations. Would've preferred that they had siphoned that extra effort into developing more stages for Modern Sonic. I mean, I'm sure he'll be fine, but I'll largely ignore him after playing his stages the one time they're required to played.

-The OC is whatever. I have no strong opinion of it, but I'm not particularly interested.

-Why is Zavok back? Nobody likes Zavok. I mean, I don't like Zavok... Then again, I didn't like The Deadly Six. I'm sure somebody out there likes him, but I could've sworn the general consensus was that he and all his other friends from Lost World were pretty terribly written, designed, etc overall.  Furthermore... Why is Shadow "evil" now?

-Modern Sonic looks pretty fun to play, at least.

-The UI is leaves something to be desired, and the dialogue coming from Sonic's friends seems like its going to become very annoying, very quickly.

So, tl;dr: basically all the complaints that other people have already rattled off about the game. I have to be honest, I just can't bring myself to get hyped for a modern 3D Sonic game pre-release anymore at this point. I'm hyped as all hell for Sonic Mania, but for this one... I'm waiting for the reviews. I liked Generations a fair bit, and this game does seem to be Generations 2, so I may give it a chance if it turns out to be exceptionally great.

On 20/6/2017 at 4:27 PM, MadmanRB said:

Since when did Sonic have a canon? lol, all sonic lore is a mess and apparently this will be worse in the future with Forces, the only time I remember to have some sense of continuity was in the Genesis era.

Back to the topic, my expectations on forces are low it seems that Sonic Team throw everything hoping it would please everybody.

1 hour ago, ShadowSJG said:

I don't understand why people are saying this game sucks and it hasn't even come out yet....

The game potentially sucks...and only 2 levels were shown.

I really like the tone and emphasis on story but really dislike classic returning and I am worried about the great  amount of 2d in this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

I don't understand why people are saying this game sucks and it hasn't even come out yet....

Does anyone actually read the criticisms anymore?

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm keeping my expectations really, and I do mean REALLY low for Sonic Forces. Except for Modern Sonic's gameplay, nothing has really stood out to me or made me go "Wow, that looks amazing! Gonna buy this day one!" 

The story seems confused, the constant chattering from sidekicks in level is annoying, Classic Sonic has no improvements from Generations, CC is just there and overall this game feels so...lifeless to me. It doesn't have anything that truly stands out and makes it special. Except for CC I guess but I'm not so keen on their shtick anyway.  

Also I'll LOL if this game sells for $60 and you can beat it in like 4 hours. They better not be THAT dumb!