Awoo.

Sonic Mania Chemical Plant act1 & act2 New Gameplay

TheOcelot

You guys are the best. Keep up the great work. This game is going to be something truly special. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's curious how people barely use the new drop dash in these demo videos. I'd be using it everytime I jumped! XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Act 1 is basically both classic acts mashed together. Meh. I really hope all classic zones' act 1s aren't like this.

Act 2, however, is amazing. So many great new gimmicks and amazing level design. This is the classic 2D Sonic game I've been wanting since Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 3

As it pertains to Act 1, the stage does introduce a couple of new areas towards the end of the video and it cuts off before the end of the stage. It could just be the mini boss but maybe there's more to the stages Act 1? 

I don't know but I'll be curious to see how the stage gets altered to begin Act 2 since it almost looks like Act 2 takes place in an underground facility or something. That background looks a lot different than anything from the original Chemical Plant 

This is a suuuper minor thing, but I noticed in the footage that after you hit a horizontal spring when in a ball you uncurl. I hope that gets fixed before release.

Also I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to walk on the steel fencing in this one bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nightly said:

This is a suuuper minor thing, but I noticed in the footage that after you hit a horizontal spring when in a ball you uncurl. I hope that gets fixed before release.

Also I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to walk of the steel fencing in this one bit.

Yeah I noticed the fencing thing too and thought that was odd. I could swear the fencing was only a background element in the original 

27 minutes ago, Sonicfan287 said:

Yeah I noticed the fencing thing too and thought that was odd. I could swear the fencing was only a background element in the original 

It was, yeah.

tumblr_orm5chpWtF1u0ti7oo1_540.png

On 6/14/2017 at 3:39 PM, Mysterion said:

Has this been posted anywhere? It's looking quite good and I'm digging the remixed music.

Originally I wasn't that happy about Chemical Plant being picked to represent Sonic 2 but after seeing everything... Yeah, any upset feelings I've had feels like they were never there in the first place. Amazing.

I wouldn't get your hopes down for other Sonic 2 stages yet. This game is longer than generations, and with atleast 5 new stages, At Least one game is going to have more than one stage returning from it. Sonic 2, being one of the games with more zones, and being one of the most popular classic games, easily sets its self up for having atleast one more classic stage from it. (Mystic Cave please...)

• Thumbs Up 1

About 12 minutes of CP off-screen footage (Sonic gameplay). Act 2 then Act1.

Act 2: At 2:27 you see an entrance to a Knuckles-only route. We see a different route from about 3:30 onwards. Shortly after the player encounters dark-blue liquid which hurts Sonic if he lands on it! 

Act 1 also shows lots of new and reworked routes. There's a completely new underwater section. 

Act1 is looking really good. Maybe not as spectacular as act2 but there's plenty new routes to explore.

Tails bounce and swimming animations are so cute!

Here's a look at the stage-select screen in this recent build:

RnpDMrG.png

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, OcelotBot said:

About 12 minutes of CP off-screen footage (Sonic gameplay). Act 2 then Act1.

Act 2: At 2:27 you see an entrance to a Knuckles-only route. We see a different route from about 3:30 onwards. Shortly after the player encounters dark blue liquid which hurts Sonic! 

Act 1 also shows lots of new and reworked routes. There's a completely new underwater section. 

Act1 is looking really good. Maybe not as spectacular as act2 but there's plenty new routes to explore.

Tails bounce and swimming animations are so cute!

RnpDMrG.png

What if the stages are in the order in the final game they will be, just with other stages missing? Aligns with Mirage Saloon being much later in the game than Studiopolis and Green Hill

Also I have to say, both acts of chemical plant look like so much fun. I can not wait to play the full game!

• Thumbs Up 1

If Mirage Saloon is later, I somewhat think that Studiopolis would be ever later, Act 1 of Studiopolis appears much harder than Mirage Saloon Act 2!  However, i do like the idea that there is no specific format for zones to only become more complicated/ longer time to complete them in a linear sense.  Star Light was and is for example a very good change of pace before Scrap Brain; Hill Top has this effect too!

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

If Mirage Saloon is later, I somewhat think that Studiopolis would be ever later, Act 1 of Studiopolis appears much harder than Mirage Saloon Act 2!  However, i do like the idea that there is no specific format for zones to only become more complicated/ longer time to complete them in a linear sense.  Star Light was and is for example a very good change of pace before Scrap Brain; Hill Top has this effect too!

It was confirmed ages ago that Studiopolis comes earlier in the game than Mirage Saloon.

• Thumbs Up 4

35 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

I do see what you mean, but I think it already was confirmed that Studiopolis is before it. Another note that leads me to believe that Mirage Saloon is the last/2nd to last original stage is that the "Heavy Leader" is plastered everywhere in portraits. However, he could still be the mirage saloon heavy, but atleast I think he is the leader.

After analyzing the level select screen a bit more, I have a theory to how level progression will work in mania. I'm sure the order will make sense, and that there will be level transitions of course. I think its going to be 2 classic stages (from a certain game) and than a new stage. Heres an example of what I mean

Green Hill

Other Sonic 1 Zone

New Stage

Chemical Plant

Other Sonic 2 Zone

Studiopolis (I think this would happen after the Sonic 2 stages due to its position on the level select we have)

This also leads me to believe that Mirage Saloon will take place after the 2 Sonic CD stages, and all 3 of these will be late in the game. Since mirage saloon is based off of desert dazzle, it would make sense to have it on little planet, where desert dazzle was originally going to appear.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2017 at 11:42 AM, OcelotBot said:

RnpDMrG.png

What's weird about that build is that the demo on the show floor had a completely different design for the stage select screen. Makes me wonder which one will used for the final game. Perhaps it can be toggled? A classic or modern styled menu? It's also different from this build from last year:

FJ90cPW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f