Awoo.

Sushi Striker(3DS)

Klinsy

A new Nintendo IP with a focus on sea food, you see food, and eat it ... and damage your enemies ... and get sushi powers from a deity ... and get monsters help you

So, this looks like the most anime game Nintendo has ever made, it's like a fusion of every anime premise ever ... except fortunately harlem

I think it looks a lot of fun and it's super unique

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A super No.1 washedupgamer

• Klinsy

• Mad Convoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this looks creative and exciting! I like the designs on those characters. It reminds me of this anime that came on tv a long time ago called "Fighting Foodons".

This game looks really interesting and fun. It has a unique premise that I like. I also enjoy the art style-- it looks simple but then you look closer and there's all these details in the art that I love. It is also making me really hungry.

A concern I have is I'm not sure if "the most anime thing ever" would hold much appeal in the US. In my experience, WJT games or even games that have WJT concepts tend to confound those unfamiliar with Japanese culture and media-- even well-liked games like Jet Set Radio tend to get hurt a lot by this in terms of sales. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that the game won't sell well, but I do not have high hopes for sales in the US. If what I suspect is true, the will make any sequels (assuming Nintendo wants to turn it into a franchise as it usually does with new IPs) less likely to be localized to the US in the future. Given that it seems to be a 3DS-based series and the 3DS is region-locked, that would be really sucky.

Like I could see this being part of a Japanese game show lol.