Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Music Thread

Soniman

6 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

New MetalSonic music??!?! YeEesSsss!!!

And it's awesome too! I lovez it to pieces~<3

I personally dislike this game's style of music. It all sounds too digital, and ear piercing like a bad rave party.

I only liked the instrumental version of fist bump and Infinite's theme. Metal Sonic's new theme sounds awful. That's not the kind of music I want to hear when facing Metal Sonic.

Please let this game have unlockable custom tracks, like Sonic Generations! That was a feature that needs to return. In Sonic Generations, I hated the remixes of Planet Wisp. It was so nice to be able to unlock "Reach For the Stars" as a music track, and have that play over the level instead. That song worked so much better in that level. It was also neat to experiment and see what tracks did or didn't work in other levels.

I loved fighting Shadow with "I Am All Of Me" playing, I liked playing Seaside Hill with "New Venture" playing, I liked playing Sky Sanctuary with "Kingdom Valley" playing. Please bring this feaure back, Sega!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Metal Donic's new theme sounds awful. That's not the kind of music I want to hear when facing Metal Sonic.

And what music would you want when fighting him instead? It seems to fit Metal Sonic's kinda techno digital themes greatly to me.

The soundtrack being digital fits the "machine war" theme of game. So I'm cool with it, even if is not my favorite style

• Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

And what music would you want when fighting him instead? It seems to fit Metal Sonic's kinda techno digital themes greatly to me.

Something rock and roll, or epic and orchestric. I don't want to hear nothing but high pitched screeching and revving noises flickering throughout the fight. It's not catchy, it's not epic, it's just annoying. Something along the lines of Crisis City would sound great as a theme for fighting Metal Sonic.

21 minutes ago, Joseph Henry said:

The soundtrack being digital fits the "machine war" theme of game. So I'm cool with it, even if is not my favorite style

I think epic orchestral music would have been more fitting... 

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Something rock and roll, or epic and orchestric. I don't want to hear nothing but high pitched screeching and revving noises flickering throughout the fight. It's not catchy, it's not epic, it's just annoying. 

So basically something that doesn't suit Metal Sonic hardly at all? Gotcha.

And it's not bad music. it's just not your taste. Just like how I tend to dislike the exact music in Sonic games you listed in your reply there, but you won't see me saying orchestral & rock music is bad music.

7 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Something rock and roll, or epic and orchestric. I don't want to hear nothing but high pitched screeching and revving noises flickering throughout the fight. It's not catchy, it's not epic, it's just annoying. Something along the lines of Crisis City would sound great as a theme for fighting Metal Sonic.

Its based on stardust speedways theme used in the US version of the game which is the version of the soundtrack that quite a large portion of fans will commonly say was pretty bad so I can't really blame you for not liking it. Personally I liked the US track okay enough but coming off how good stardust speedway JP was composed in sonic mania to something like this is a bit underwhelming though I applaud them for at least trying to mix it up a little even if it did end up coming out a little boring in the end.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Well there's always hope for the final boss theme. Especially if it's an orchestral remix of the main theme.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Well there's always hope for the final boss theme. Especially if it's an orchestral remix of the main theme.

Hopefully, I liked the orchestral scores in the final battles of Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Colors. The fights themselves could have been better, but the music was still great to hear.

25 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

So basically something that doesn't suit Metal Sonic hardly at all? Gotcha.

And it's not bad music. it's just not your taste. Just like how I tend to dislike the exact music in Sonic games you listed in your reply there, but you won't see me saying orchestral & rock music is bad music.

The theme doesn't have to match Metal Sonic, it has to match what is going on. Metal Sonic battles usually rely a lot on chasing, dodging attacks, and taking the chance to strike at the right time. This new music doesn't give me the impression of a chase fight. This sounds more like a rave party, not a high speed chase with a killer robot.

Just because Metal Sonic is a robot, doesn't mean his themes have to sound scratchy and ear piercing. It's like saying the Terminator movies should have used robotic music, because he was a robot...

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

9 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Hopefully, I liked the orchestral scores in the final battles of Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Colors. The fights themselves could have been better, but the music was still great to hear.

The theme doesn't have to match Metal Sonic, it has to match what is going on. Metal Sonic battles usually rely a lot on chasing, dodging attacks, and taking the chance to strike at the right time. This new music dowsn't give me the impression of a chase fight. This sounds more like a rave party, not a high speed chase with a killer robot.

Just because Metal Sonic is a robot, doesn't mean his themes have to sound scratchy and ear piercing. It's like saying the Terminator movies should have used robotic music, because he was a robot...

You basically just described Metal Sonic's theme.

In Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric.

1 minute ago, Ratcicle King said:

You basically just described Metal Sonic's theme.

In Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric.

It doesn't need to sound as slow or generic though. It needs more speed, more energy, and more flow.

26 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

The theme doesn't have to match Metal Sonic, it has to match what is going on. Metal Sonic battles usually rely a lot on chasing, dodging attacks, and taking the chance to strike at the right time. This new music doesn't give me the impression of a chase fight. This sounds more like a rave party, not a high speed chase with a killer robot.

I don't agree. I see it more as one of his theme musics instead of just random high speed battle music to get you in the mood.

It doesn't sound scratchy or ear piercing. It may to you. but not to me. And it does give me the feeling of epic chase music. Honestly I'm not going to agree with you on this. Some of us just love digital robotic sounding music... What a strange thought is that?

38 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Its based on stardust speedways theme used in the US version of the game which is the version of the soundtrack that quite a large portion of fans will commonly say was pretty bad so I can't really blame you for not liking it. Personally I liked the US track okay enough but coming off how good stardust speedway JP was composed in sonic mania to something like this is a bit underwhelming though I applaud them for at least trying to mix it up a little even if it did end up coming out a little boring in the end.

I think it's neat how it's based on the US stardust speedway this time. I love both the JP and US Sonic CD music. both are among the best music in the whole series IMO.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I don't agree. I see it more as one of his theme musics instead of just random high speed battle music to get you in the mood.

It doesn't sound scratchy or ear piercing. It may to you. but not to me. And it does give me the feeling of epic chase music. Honestly I'm not going to agree with you on this. Some of us just love digital robotic sounding music... What a strange thought is that?

Who said anyone had to agree with me?  I was just personally saying I don't like how digital the music in this game sounds. I would like to hear a wider range of music, instead of hearing all this dubstep sounding music throughout. 

So far, I only liked "Fist Bump Instrumental" and "Infinite's Theme". I'm not trying to shame anyone for liking what I don't like. I just wish this game had more range, like Sonic Adventure. Sonic Adventure had great range. It has soothing music, intense music, suspenseful music, fast music, and it used many different styles, from jazz, rock and roll, techno, and many others.

Almost all the music in Forces sounds the same to me, and I personally don't like how none of it sounds authentic anymore. It sounds like a jungle of sounds that don't match up well. I can't tap my foot to any of the tracks I've heard so far.

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Almost all the music in Forces sounds the same to me, and I personally don't like how none of it sounds authentic anymore. It sounds like a jungle of sounds that don't match up well. I can't tap my foot to any of the tracks I've heard so far.

are you saying you don't like park avenue?

DRAW YOUR WEAPON!

Spoiler

you really don't like it? that's a shame. its corny but head bumpin. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I'm not trying to say all of Forces music is good... So far I only like Infinite and Metal Sonic's themes. The rest have been unappealing to me.

And I agree on variety is important... Which is something that lacks from most Sonic games in general nowadays... Take Lost World sound track for example, except for maybe few good tracks, the rest was bad to me, felt very forgettable and ran together IMO. And a example of when I dislike orchestral music based games.

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I'm not trying to say all of Forces music is good... So far I only like Infinite and Metal Sonic's themes. The rest have been unappealing to me.

And I agree on variety is important... Which is something that lacks from most Sonic games in general nowadays... Take Lost world sound track for example, except for maybe few good tracks the rest was bad to me and was very forgettable and ran together IMO. And a example of when I dislike orchestral based games.

you too? 

READY YOURSELF FOR A DUEL!

Spoiler

aww, you're a villain loving type aint ya? well i hope the final boss theme will be the only thing you hear after you've witnessed it.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

you too? 

READY YOURSELF FOR A DUEL!

Hide contents

aww, you're a villain loving type aint ya? well i hope the final boss theme will be the only thing you hear after you've witnessed it.

Haha you funny. Gave me a laugh. ;)

Spoiler

Yes I like villains and kinda a fan of them. xD ...Well does depends on the exact villain, I'm a bit nitpicky. However Metal Sonic is my 2nd fave Sonic character... With Blaze being my #1. So yes I tend to obsess over Metal Sonic little... I only like his main Modem and Classic design however when it comes to official designs for him.

The metal sonic theme is growing on me. I grew up with the us stardust speedway song also.

I got to say though that his theme is more fitting for a cutscene than a boss battle. It's not bad at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a huge fan of Metal's theme here, but then again, I've never liked the american version of Stardust Speedway Bad Future. Would have loved if they've remixed the GOOD FUTURE instead, I like it better. It's not as "dark and edgy" as the BF tho', but it's still a fast and pump tune.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Not a huge fan of Metal's theme here, but then again, I've never liked the american version of Stardust Speedway Bad Future. Would have loved if they've remixed the GOOD FUTURE instead, I like it better. It's not as "dark and edgy" as the BF tho', but it's still a fast and pump tune.

naoto-bust2.thumb.png.46226c035638b5b3863450ca61639883.png

This is anything but a good future! 

Spoiler

Trust me: fans would pick up on it 

Well... There's that. Anyways, can we at least have an I AM THE EGGMAN remix? Actually, it should play non-stoping inside EVERY Eggman's base. Because he won. He conquered the world with his tools.