Awoo.

The Sonic Mania Soundtrack thread!

Ellipsis-Ultima

10 minutes ago, Patron said:

It comes with a lossless download. Obviously not optimal if that's all you want.

It really isn't and considering they only provide what tracks are on the vinyl its not complete either.

I haven't posted on this forum in a very long time, but was wondering if anyone else had noticed the similarity between these two tracks (time-stamped for additional clarity):

The fact that these tracks play out in the 'final zones' for each game is similarly intriguing. I wonder if Tee Lopes drew inspiration from the latter?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 1:08 PM, TheOcelot said:

They've uploaded Eggman's boss theme. It's pretty rad

The Nefarious Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik got his hands on some new type of mysterious gem and now he's gone a bit deranged. Enjoy the chaotic rhythm as he slowly descends into a new madness. He's pulling out all the stops this time!

• 3 weeks later...

They were all nice but I will say the best track for me was the mini boss music. I purposely would take my time with the boss fights when that was playing. I also liked Studiopolis and Press Garden tracks too. Titanic Monarch Act 2 sounded creepy. Felt like I was going to my doom.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Mania's full soundtrack (minus the Sonic 1 & 2 tracks: GH, CP and Oil Ocean and Hyper Potions music) is now available to download on Google Play and AppleStore.

Edit:

• Thumbs Up 3

While I’m honestly quite disappointed that I’m never going to get the Chemical Plant Act 2 remix in its highest quality I’m really happy to finally have all the new tracks officially :D

Did they just not include those few tracks because they thought they weren’t necessary or does copyright have anything to do with it? ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'know, i won't lie here, i'm a bit disapointed with the soundtrack's title, i was expecting an actual title, not just "Sonic Mania Original Soundtrack". Considering how it was used as a slogan for the game, why not "By the Mania - Sonic Mania OST" or "For the Mania - Sonic Mania OST" ?

Or something else, like Pixel SoundBITS, Going Back, Newfound Past,  or even Back in Time, anything really.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Full list of tracks: Sonic Mania Original Sound Track (Selected Edition) 

Discovery - Title Screen

Comfort Zone - Main Menu

Lights, Camera, Action! - Studiopolis Zone Act 1

Prime Time - Studiopolis Zone Act 2

Flying Battery Zone Act 1

Flying Battery Zone Act 2

Tabloid Jargon - Press Garden Zone Act 1

Blossom Haze - Press Garden Zone Act 2

Stardust Speedway Zone Act 1

Stardust Speedway Zone Act 2

Hydro City Zone Act 1

Hydro City Zone Act 2

Skyway Octane - Mirage Saloon Zone Act 1 ST Mix

Wildstyle Pistolero - Mirage Saloon Zone Act 1 K Mix

Rogues Gallery - Mirage Saloon Zone Act 2

Lava Reef Zone Act 1

Lava Reef Zone Act 2

Metallic Madness Zone Act 1

Metallic Madness Zone Act 2

Built to Rule - Titanic Monarch Zone Act 1

Steel Cortex - Titanic Monarch Zone Act 2

Danger on the Dance Floor - Mid-Boss

Ruby Delusions - Eggman Boss 1

Havoc Prognosis - Eggman Boss 2

Hi-Spec Robo Go! - Hard Boiled Heavy Boss

Ruby Illusions - Final Boss

Egg Reverie - Egg Reverie Zone

Egg panicky - Egg Reverie Zone Pinch Mode (soundtest only)

Guided Tour - Credits

Dimension Heist - UFO Special Stage

Game Over

The Winner! - Competition Results

Glimmering Gift - Super Transformation

Angel Island Cutscene

Blue Spheres

Eggman Mean Bean

Head 2 Head - Versus Mode

Vs. Metal Sonic

Who's the boss? - Hard Boiled Heavies Mischief Scene

Countdown to Continue

Sunshine Cassette - Save Select

Undefeated - Invincibility

Drowning

The Blur - Speed Shoes

1-Up

Stage Clear

Rise of the Icon - Sonic Mania Alternate Intro

23 minutes ago, Shiroi said:

Did they just not include those few tracks because they thought they weren’t necessary or does copyright have anything to do with it? 

SEGA doesn't own the rights to Sonic 1 & 2's soundracks. They have to get permission & pay royalties in order to use the music.

• Thumbs Up 8

SEGA doesn't own the rights to Sonic 1 & 2's soundracks. They have to get permission & pay royalties in order to use the music.
Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that ^^ There’s still the PC flies at least ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Hydro City Zone Act 1

HA! I knew it!

On a serious note, glad to finally have the option to hear these songs whenever/wherever I want! And aside from Oil Ocean Act 2, I'm fine with not having the Sonic 1 & 2 songs. Stardust Speedway is all I need <3

Despite only four missing tracks, it is listed as “selected edition”. This indicates either that Project Plus is big enough to add new music, or simply that the full version adds in promotional music (like the various Hyper Potions Trailer songs), song demos (perhaps some deleted songs), remixes, alternate versions, and other bonus tracks. 

Kind of irritated at the lack of inclusion of the DCT tracks considering they bothered to get everything on the Generations soundtracks. Here's hoping they do release a full soundtrack in the future, even if it's some Japan-only physical CD limited edition thing.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

9 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Despite only four missing tracks, it is listed as “selected edition”. This indicates either that Project Plus is big enough to add new music, or simply that the full version adds in promotional music (like the various Hyper Potions Trailer songs), song demos (perhaps some deleted songs), remixes, alternate versions, and other bonus tracks. 

This strikes me as wildly, unrealistically optimistic.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

"Selection" is a very standard phrase used in tons of soundtrack releases (Nintendo is very fond of it) that literally gives no indication that a further release will happen.  It's just a way of staying "this release does not contain every piece of music heard in the game".

But yeah this is cool and I'll be grabbing it right away.  lt's super nice to get song names for the original tracks missing from the Vinyl release, and I hope there are more songs with "endings" like all of those tracks did.  On the flipside, it is super disappointing that SEGA won't cough up for the Sonic 1&2 songs, I have no doubt that Aaron tried to ask the higher-ups to organise it.  Definitely a pain in terms of obsessiveness that I'll STILL have to have a few game rip tracks uglyily floating around in my Mania playlist.

EDIT: Okay just a heads-up to inform everyone's purchasing decisions now that I've had a quick blitz through the OST: The tracks featured on the Vinyl are the only ones that had special outros composed for them.  All other songs, including original ones such as Egg Reverie, Havoc Prognosis, Sunshine Casette etc, simply fade out.  A bit of a shame.  As such, there is only one track that could be considered "exclusive" to this release: Rise of the Icon (the alternate opening movie music), is included without the animation's sound effects playing over the top of it (which they didn't even bother with for the in-game credits lol).

So that's nice at least.  But overall, a purchase of this soundtrack is only worth doing if you want to send a message to SEGA to say "hi, more of this, please!".  If you have the Vinyl release and a game rip, only the final track of this release will get you something you didn't already have.

I am definitely slightly regretting my impulse purchase, so I have to keep reminding myself that the "hi, more of this, please!" message is important to me too lol.

EDIT 2: One more thing, the soundtrack is also missing the animated ending songs (both the regular and & knuckles ending).  So a version of the former without sound effects is still sadly inaccessible (not that they're particularly notable songs, but a shame in terms of completeness).

• Thumbs Up 3

Not gonna lie I balked at the price. It's almost as much as the game itself, although I suppose this isn't really unusual among OSTs, especially multi-disc ones.

8 hours ago, JezMM said:

So that's nice at least.  But overall, a purchase of this soundtrack is only worth doing if you want to send a message to SEGA to say "hi, more of this, please!".  If you have the Vinyl release and a game rip, only the final track of this release will get you something you didn't already have.

I am definitely slightly regretting my impulse purchase, so I have to keep reminding myself that the "hi, more of this, please!" message is important to me too lol.

I'm in the exact same boat. I have the vinyl release and a game rip, but still purchased this soundtrack mostly to show support. I'm no audiophile by any means, but from what I can tell, the original Tee Lopes tracks (Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon, etc.) in this soundtrack release sound identical to the vinyl version from the digital download. The rest all sound pretty much the same (or close enough from what I can tell) to the game rip that I have, so it's not jarring to listen to say Chemical Plant Act 2 from my game rip and then Flying Battery Act 1 from the official soundtrack (no huge volume level differences or anything like that).

I too am slightly regretting my impulse purchase on this, but keeping in mind that I did it to support SEGA officially releasing the Sonic Mania soundtrack digitally (even if incomplete) really does help.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the last 2D game of Sega (Yes I am still playing it!!)

These are my favourite soundtracks! What do you think about? The first one reminds me Mega Man X!

https://youtu.be/h-kIb7rHJm0

https://youtu.be/acvicbVFZWU

Cannot stop!!

Metallic Madness Zone, Act 2 - Sonic Mania Music Extended

The next one is my favourite one! It reminds me Megaman X!

Egg Reverie Zone - Sonic Mania Music Extended

• 2 months later...

If you never got the Vinyl release, well there's another chance to get it this summer:

The Hyper Potions remix featuring Jun Senoune is available to purchase on Google Play!

Dbp2_WTW0AAhGE6.jpg

It's length is 1:25, same as in the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

The Translucent Blue edition of the Vinyl is being restocked TOMORROW (4th of July) at 5PM BST! I'll definitely be hopping on this time!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

May as well post this here.

We now know who is behind the new music from Mania Plus:

Also, this is the beautiful cover art for the JP soundtrack included with the JP physical release:

DikRr9mX4AY-xCI.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

Gosh that art is just gorgeous. It's still so surreal to note only see new Classic art like this. But it's more also featuring Mighty and Ray and it's just too much to take in.