Awoo.

The Sonic Mania Soundtrack thread!

Ellipsis-Ultima

holy shit this is a BANGER. I cant wait to hear the rest of this soundtrack man

16 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

A new song, plays during Hard-boiled Heavies encounters. Sound nice, also somehow Jet Set Radio-esque.

I'm sporting a stupid grin right now. It's an absolute masterpiece! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Am i the only one who's also hearing Crazy Robo from Sonic Adventure in this, Honestly it's a really nice touch since the E-Series are pretty much the modern version of the Egg Robo.

Someone has to at least have spotted a familiar percussion beat.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is catchy as hell! Definitely getting major Sega Saturn vibes from that track!

I love this new track so much! It's so catchy and fits perfectly for the style of the game. And yeah, it sounds very Jet Set Radio-esque, which is very awesome.

52 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

This is Sonic CD to the fucking core and I love it.

This! and as it's been stated for forever: Tee is killing it hawwrd!

Now more than ever before I'm convinced we need a new Streets of Rage game. We need it, and Tee needs to do the soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, BlueTidalGamer said:
Orders go live at 8am BST and will ship during September.

And it's worth mentioning now that there are three editions. The black and blue versions will be available regularly, but the limited edition version (clear with Sonic Mania themed paint splatter)  will only be available in the Data Disc website between Saturday and Monday. Anyone who places an order in that time will be guaranteed one, but it won't be available again afterwards.

Personally? I'm getting all three. 

18 minutes ago, BlueTidalGamer said:
Orders go live at 8am BST and will ship during September.

Wow, wait, one thing to note in the description of this Disk:

"The Sonic Mania LP features 16 new tracks by composer Tee Lopes"

Is it possible that this Vinyl will only include New Zone music? Or New Act Music? (i.e. non-act 1 of returning stages)

1 MiniBoss
1 Hard Boil Heavies
1 End Of Zone Boss
1 Final Boss
12 Remaining Tracks
That either means...
-1 track per act (2 per zone), but only 6 new zones
or
-1 track per zone, but a total of 12 zones?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Rummy said:

Am i the only one who's also hearing Crazy Robo from Sonic Adventure in this, Honestly it's a really nice touch since the E-Series are pretty much the modern version of the Egg Robo.

Someone has to at least have spotted a familiar percussion beat.

Kind of yeah. It actually kind of reminds me of sonic rush music 

Yeah, the Hard-Boiled Heavies theme sounds so catchy, so funky! Can't wait to hear more tracks.

Gonna pre-order the Vinyl as well.

Dat HBH theme tho.

Its so legit. I can just feel the Sonic CD vibes spewing from it and it captures a funk not seen since Sonic Rush. Two thumbs way up.

Anyone else hear the start of Eggman's Mania boss theme at the beginning of the Heavies theme?

You can hear his theme in the Green Hill boss video. The part before 15 seconds sounds a bit similar.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Bobnik said:

A new song, plays during Hard-boiled Heavies encounters. Sound nice, also somehow Jet Set Radio-esque.

WHUT

Oh wow this one is quite jazzy!

Kind of off topic from the current discussion (but also kinda not) but has anyone listened to this interpretation of studiopolis yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8anwRKOx9w

I know its been out for a while now but I only recently listened to it because tee lopes posted it and man have I been addicted to this since listening to it and now I want you all to get addicted too.

3 hours ago, septimus01 said:

Anyone else hear the start of Eggman's Mania boss theme at the beginning of the Heavies theme?

You can hear his theme in the Green Hill boss video. The part before 15 seconds sounds a bit similar.

I think this and the hardboiled heavy theme would sound cool in a mashup.

• Thumbs Up 1

That song is catchy. This is sort of unrelated, but I was thinking about the HBH and their similarities to the E-series robots today and how cool of a throwback it would be if they turned out to be powered by these guys (not that there's a chance of this actually being the case lol):

flicky.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering if, or hopefully when, there would occur medium and large band arrangements of the new music; it happened at the Sounds of Sonic event yesterday!  Many many thanks to Sonic Retro poster Dark Sonic for finding this! 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Dimensional Heist is here!

Eh not my favorite special theme, as someone stated last night. It will take time to get used to. But still its a tune that id expect while chasing something sort of.

I'm not really feeling it. It's not the worst Special Stage theme, but, I dunno, this just doesn't really have much going for it.

The HBH theme is amazing, though.