Awoo.

The Sonic Mania Soundtrack thread!

Ellipsis-Ultima

It definitely has that "sound" down right, but the composition doesn't seem as strong. Maybe it'll be like the HBH theme where it grows on me over time.

Heck, Sonic 1-3K's music might have been the same for me back then, too. What I do know is that it sounds good.

Yeah, I do like this tune and I reckon it'll work really well in the context of the game, but I don't know if I'm feeling it as much outside the game context as the other tracks. Might grow on me over time, we'll see! 

The special stage song is alright. Not really my thing, though. It at least sounds like a special stage.

52 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Dimensional Heist is here!

Getting vibes of both the 3D Blast (Saturn) special stage theme and of the CD OST. Love it love it love it.

giphy-3.gif

First new piece of music I'm not so hot on, not that its bad but something feels missing.

It's not as strong as the stage and boss music released so far, but then the original Special Stage tracks were never my favourites either. Still good stuff regardless.

Stardust Speedway sounds different from what I was expecting, but I really like it!

I'm wondering if Act 2 will be a bit more fast-paced, and maybe (wishful thinking) have some of the distorted vocal sounds from the Bad Future variant. Either way though, this is some good stuff.

i noticed a thing:

Zone track - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Track Name

Studiopolis act 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Lights, Camera, Action!

HBH - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hi Spec Robo Go!

Special Stages - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Dimension Heist

Stardust Speedway - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  (insert nothing here)

so, does this mean that only the tracks that are making it to the vinyl are getting proper names or something? because it's really odd that all the tracks that we got until now have actual names and then suddenly one unnamed appears.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

14 hours ago, NikoS said:

i noticed a thing:

Zone track - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Track Name

Studiopolis act 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Lights, Camera, Action!

HBH - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hi Spec Robo Go!

Special Stages - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Dimension Heist

Stardust Speedway - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  (insert nothing here)

so, does this mean that only the tracks that are making it to the vinyl are getting proper names or something? because it's really odd that all the tracks that we got until now have actual names and then suddenly one unnamed appears.

It seems possible that the soundtrack album will only include new songs!  That would be both acts for perhaps five or six zones, and then all of the special event music! 

Alternately, it might be that the album will contain all Act 2 music from classic zones, and either Act 1 or 2 from new zones? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

42 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

It seems possible that the soundtrack album will only include new songs!  That would be both acts for perhaps five or six zones, and then all of the special event music! 

Alternately, it might be that the album will contain all Act 2 music from classic zones, and either Act 1 or 2 from new zones? 

this makes sense, i would be ok with this, since act 2 is generally more modified than act 1 (for the returning levels), or even including just the new levels songs,  it will still be amazing  (just tell me that mirage saloon is making it to the album and everything is ok... #miragesaloon4thewin)

• Nice Smile 1

Yes; Mirage Saloon Act 2 is surely to be featured, I would think both acts is possible even with some of the remixes of classic zones, or otherwise if the album is limited, I think that the official youtube channel may upload full versions of the remaining music!

• Thumbs Up 1

Acts 1 and 2 for each zone could possibly be combined into one song, just as the Sonic '06 albums did with the different parts to Crisis City and Kingdom Valley.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/31/2017 at 10:21 PM, Tracker_TD said:

Holy hell, this is smooth. 

My favourite bit here is around the 1:39 mark- that alienesque music combined with the piano is so soothing!

...aaaaand now it's stuck in my head.

13 hours ago, Pawn said:

Acts 1 and 2 for each zone could possibly be combined into one song, just as the Sonic '06 albums did with the different parts to Crisis City and Kingdom Valley.

What purpose would that serve? The reason the tracks are limited is due to the small storage capacity of vinyl. Plus, we know that Studiopolis Act 1 is a standalone track.

1 minute ago, andrew2 said:

What purpose would that serve? The reason the tracks are limited is due to the small storage capacity of vinyl.

I actually forgot we were talking specifically about the vinyl. =P My bad.

Considering how the rest of the game sounds I really, REALLY can't wait to hear what the Final Boss music sounds like, and better yet, the "secret" Final Boss should there be one for getting all the Chaos Emeralds.

If we get something that could surpass Doomsday Zone...

A new God has truly been born.

Do you know if, apart from the vinyl release, is going to appear a CD edition? maybe, as other Sonic soundtracks, from Japan labels?

New music piece! 

EDIT: Were they inspired by Michael Jackson or something? Cause some parts of it sound a bit like Dangerous.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 2

21 minutes ago, Windowmaker said:

New music piece! 

EDIT: Were they inspired by Michael Jackson or something? Cause some parts of it sound a bit like Dangerous.

I'd say Sonic 3 :P

I love it! Though this just makes me even more eager to hear a clean rip of the Act 2 boss theme since I remember being really into it, based on what can barely be heard in a video or two out there of the GHZ boss.