Awoo.

The Sonic Mania Soundtrack thread!

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Tee is such a great inspiration to me, big fan of him.

Btw, here's the Eggman's theme. I love this piece!

It's my favorite Eggman theme for sure, but I'm getting some serious Sonic Advance 3 vibes from it for whatever reason. This track, in specific:

56 minutes ago, Cyalume said:

It's my favorite Eggman theme for sure, but I'm getting some serious Sonic Advance 3 vibes from it for whatever reason. This track, in specific:

I got the entire classic games vibe from it.

2 hours ago, BlueFlare said:

Tee is such a great inspiration to me, big fan of him.

Btw, here's the Eggman's theme. I love this piece!

Has someone reconised that little "chip" sound when this track starts? I'm not sure but I think I heard it in the Green Hill boss, too. Is it purposely part of the track or just a little sound error? I put this track in a mp3 editor and removed the first 0,40 secs and then it sounds right.

I love how you can hear bits of the final boss from Sonic 3 in here. Also is there a hint of Dr. Robotnik's theme from The adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog in there too?

I activated my account from the Generations/Transformed/Episode 2 era just to say that Studiopolis Act 2 is one of the best Sonic tunes ever made. From the 90's news station intro down to the funky remix of Act 1, it's seriously perfect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we can agree that Super Sonic theme in Mania is great, catchy and enjoyable. But there should definitely be an option to choose sped-up level theme instead (like 20% faster, as in Sonic 3 Complete).

Just now, superman43 said:

I think we can agree that Super Sonic theme in Mania is great, catchy and enjoyable. But there should definitely be an option to choose sped-up level theme instead (like 20% faster, as in Sonic 3 Complete).

I'd rather no music change whatsoever. But speeding up the tracks as you say isn't really an option - the Megadrive games could speed up the music because they were playing the music live rather than pre-recorded tracks (this was of course due to the technical limitation of the Megadrive). This was even the case for CD, which  used a separate speed shoes track just like Mania. Games like S4 and Generations do the sped-up tracks differently - each one is a unique track that's designed to blend in perfectly to the normal zone music when it ends. That's why if you use any of the alternate music in Generations, the speed shoes music is always the SA1 speed shoes theme instead of a sped-up version.

10 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I'd rather no music change whatsoever. But speeding up the tracks as you say isn't really an option - the Megadrive games could speed up the music because they were playing the music live rather than pre-recorded tracks (this was of course due to the technical limitation of the Megadrive). This was even the case for CD, which  used a separate speed shoes track just like Mania. Games like S4 and Generations do the sped-up tracks differently - each one is a unique track that's designed to blend in perfectly to the normal zone music when it ends. That's why if you use any of the alternate music in Generations, the speed shoes music is always the SA1 speed shoes theme instead of a sped-up version.

I don´t think it is difficult to add pre-recorded sped-up tracks in a patch. I didn´t want to talk about it like that, I just wanted to say that people would rather like an option to choose between Mania Super Sonic theme and the original track as the Super Sonic theme gets irritating after a short time.

Sped up tracks are new compositions and extra file space. Really, a more feasible approach in every from would just be to disable the music change entirely. Even listening to the sped up tracks constantly gets annoying 

• 3 weeks later...

Lava Reef Zone Act1, Mirage Saloon Zone Act 2, and Press Garden Zone Act 2's Music is available via the Official Sonic YouTube.

Welcome back to Angel Island's active volcano. Things are hotter this time with the volcano fully active following the Death Egg's attack in Sonic & Knuckles. Would be a shame if the volcano were to erupt...

• Music: Lava Reef Zone - Act 1
  • Arranged by: Tee Lopes
  • Mixed / Mastered by: Falk Au Yeong

Out in the wild west deserts, the outlaws roam. Can Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles survive the cadre of hooligans lurking in the shadows? Even Eggman's ice cream parlors can't withstand the heat.

• Sonic Mania OST Mirage Saloon Zone Act 2 - "Rogue's Gallery"
  • Composed by: Tee Lopes

When Team Sonic destroys Shiversaw, Eggman's propaganda printing press is no more, letting them exit to a surreal winter wonderscape filled with cherry blossoms and ancient architecture. Welcome Press Garden's true beauty.

• Sonic Mania OST Press Garden Zone Act 2 - " Blossom Haze"
  • Composed by: Tee Lopes

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I really like Press Garden's act2 music. Fits the Japanese winter-garden theme nicely. Beautiful track and beautiful level.

I'm beginning to wish I didn't order this soundtrack. Whilst the songs in the new stages may be good, most of the game's soundtrack is totally missing. None of the remixed stage music is here. Its very bare.

When was there last a Sonic soundtrack release were a considerable chunk of it is missing for copyright reasons or otherwise?

On 9/15/2017 at 8:32 AM, PaddyFancy said:

I'm beginning to wish I didn't order this soundtrack. Whilst the songs in the new stages may be good, most of the game's soundtrack is totally missing. None of the remixed stage music is here. Its very bare.

When was there last a Sonic soundtrack release were a considerable chunk of it is missing for copyright reasons or otherwise?

When ordering the Vinyl it clearly stated that there are only a select 16 tracks that Tee Lopes personally selected from the OST for the Vinyl.

Im guessing its due to size limitations on the Vinyl? Either way, if you read the description you would have seen it clearly state that there would only be 16 selected tracks (not the entire OST).

On 9/11/2017 at 5:16 PM, Sonictrainer said:

When Team Sonic destroys Shiversaw, Eggman's propaganda printing press is no more, letting them exit to a surreal winter wonderscape filled with cherry blossoms and ancient architecture. Welcome Press Garden's true beauty.

This description is just so right.

On 09/15/2017 at 10:32 AM, PaddyFancy said:

That's why usually the 3d games usually shine more.  They usually have 2 to 3 disc worth of tracks. 06 being the biggest.

Still as a fan it's nice to have a vinyl

Vinyl finally arrived. Really just 35 minutes and 50 seconds? You can fit another 15 minutes at least onto the disc easily. I'd go to YouTube and download those missing tracks but all I can find are those that have been extended to 15 or 30 minutes each for fuck sakes.

Just now, PaddyFancy said:

Vinyl finally arrived. Really just 35 minutes and 50 seconds? You can fit another 15 minutes at least onto the disc easily. I'd go to YouTube and download those missing tracks but all I can find are those that have been extended to 15 or 30 minutes each for fuck sakes.

On the FFshrine forums they have a lot of video game music for download. You can find the other tracks there in lossless quality. It's a pretty good site. But I have been wondering something. On this video that Tee Lopes uploaded, there appears to be a custom ending for Studiopolis Zone Act 1. In the comments Tee Lopes says that this custom ending will be on the vinyl for Sonic Mania. But people on the FFshrine forums are saying that none of the tracks on the vinyl have custom endings. Is this true? That would be really disappointing if so. This is the video in question btw.

41 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

No word on a non-vinyl soundtrack yet?

It comes with a lossless download. Obviously not optimal if that's all you want.