Awoo.

Mirage Saloon Act2 New Gameplay

TheOcelot

I'm creating a separate topic for all new Mirage Saloon footage:

There has definitely been tweaks compared to the previous build shown-off. There are different item-boxes in places. Right near the end of the stage there is a hidden spring which launches Sonic over a hard-to-avoid rotating spike which wasn't in the previous build. I've noticed other subtle changes.

What changes can you guys see?

Overall Mirage Saloon is looking really good and I love the music. Can't wait to find out what Act1 looks like!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mirage Saloon is looking really great and I love its music, too. Also, I really like how Tee managed to tune the music to sound even better (Title Screen and Invincibility themes got tuned as well).

2 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

Overall Mirage Saloon is looking really good and I love the music. Can't wait to find out what Act1 looks like!

Count me in!

I wonder if Act 1 is more Mirage and less Saloon. When Act 2 begins, Sonic is standing in the desert and it takes about 10-15 seconds to reach the first "room" of the saloon and it's a small one. The saloon elements get more prominent as you progress through the stage, so I wonder if we can extrapolate backwards to guess what Act 1 is like.

Wouldn't be surprised if Act 1 is much more like Desert Dazzle.

• Thumbs Up 4

That would make a lot of sense.  From what we've seen of the classic levels, the team's practice is to differentiate Acts 1 and 2 as much as they can, so it would figure for this to apply to the new levels as well.

6 hours ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I wonder if Act 1 is more Mirage and less Saloon. When Act 2 begins, Sonic is standing in the desert and it takes about 10-15 seconds to reach the first "room" of the saloon and it's a small one. The saloon elements get more prominent as you progress through the stage, so I wonder if we can extrapolate backwards to guess what Act 1 is like.

Wouldn't be surprised if Act 1 is much more like Desert Dazzle.

I could defintally see that. Probably with stuff like sand geysers, desert trees, and more! Maybe even mirages are actually there!

Here's an interesting playthrough (off-screen footage) with Tails.

The player tries really hard to explore high-up:

Wonder if act1 will have more of a Dust Hill/barren desert kinda feel to it. Perhaps with gimmicks like quick-sand and sand storms.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I wonder why they did show off Act 2 instead of Act 1.  Was Act 2 more impressive?  More complete?  Could Act 1 have any cutscenes or other surprises that they want to keep under wraps?

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, FFWF said:

You know, I wonder why they did show off Act 2 instead of Act 1.  Was Act 2 more impressive?  More complete?  Could Act 1 have any cutscenes or other surprises that they want to keep under wraps?

I've always wondered that too Bc up until recently it was the only stage where weve seen the second act at all. So what is so significant about Act 1 that we can't see it yet? 

Im sure even if there were a cutscene or something they could edit it out for a demo or trailer. Part of me would rather not know though 

• Thumbs Up 1

Part of me is holding out hope that it has the boys, those dudes in it. Tho the sensible side of me knows that the preview from that website mentioning the outlaw animals from the wanted posters appearing was likely just a mistake or some wishful thinking. Tho it does sound like the sites that got to play at the media event did have a lot more stages to play through than what we have seen so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...