Awoo.

Is my Xbox Account gone?

FantasticMrRobb

Hey all,

So, here's my story.

I have this Xbox account from when I was a kid. Meaning, all the information on it for the security questions and whatnot are severely outdated.

Process goes as so:

I have the Email for the account, thank goodness, that's about the only thing...

When it asks me for my password, here's where the fun begins.

I thought I knew it, but my Xbox password has changed so many times, it's hard to remember just which it is.

Simple fix, right? Just click on "Forgot my Password", that'll fix it all.

Wrong.

So this takes me into the ugly tailspin I've been stuck in for quite some time.

It'll ask my to verify my Recovery Email, which I somewhat remember, but I can't seem to sign into it. Yes, I have tried recovering it myself.

Then, it asks me if I want a text or phone call to a phone number I haven't had access to for years. I had my number switched.

But of course, there's always the ole reliable account recovery form that asks me all this useless info like what my name was and where I live, which no matter how accurate I try and remember it all to be, still seems to be no good.

----------------------------------------

Here's the thing about it, wouldn't be such a big mess had this Xbox account not contained all my biggest gaming achievements, not to mention what kind of crazy records I've pulled in Sonic. (Think I once had 26th place world-wide for Windy Valley in Sonic Adventure)

I mean, of course I could just throw it all away and just go from here on with a new account.

Thankfully, this is really only an issue for my Xbox One which I never game on anymore, I still have this account signed up on my Xbox 360, which is where the goods lie.

But I still want to have it for Forces if I decide not to get it for the Switch, then there's Gears 5 and Halo 6. Literally the only 3 games I plan on playing in the next several years for the console.

Again, I still have it signed on for the 360, which is where the Sonic games I mostly play lie. But of course, I want to have this account on my One for when those newer games come out.

I know that moving on from this is still an option and just making a new Xbox account, but I don't wanna leave my hard work in the past. Not to mention I'd still like to have the password for the apps and if something ever happened to my 360.

Suggestions?

P.S. Xbox Customer Support is complete and utter garbage by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FantasticMrRobb

• Eurisko

Top Posters In This Topic

It does sound like you've lost any and all access to it if you've got no recovery E-mail or no passwords.

Xbox CS is terrible , I've only called them probably twice ever and it was a battle to say the least.

I'd start again if it was me , and remember to remember your password :)