Awoo.

Sonictrainer

What I like about Dynamax is that it's finally a gimmick which looks tailor-made not to be carried forwards.  Unlike Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, the way it's set up makes it pretty clear it's a local-only gimmick for which there'll be no expectation that it'll return in future titles.

Not too big a fan of the legendaries either, but I'll pick the sword legendary as not surprised it ended up being the cooler looking one over the shield legendary so sticking with Pokemon Sword version.

I like the designs of all the characters except Milo is easily for the sure the weakest as his body type with that face just doesn't work at all. I like how Hop looks though suffice to say I think we're all in agreement we can't take his name seriously lol but in game he looks nice, but the way they did his concept art looks really bad.

I like all the new Pokemon except for Eldegoss like its previous form Gossifleur wasn't quite good either but I thought it was passable, so hopefully it has a 3rd evolution. As it stands Eldegoss is a awful Jumpluff wannabe.

Finally I'm really happy they kept the Pokemon in overworld from Let's Go. Not sure how to feel about Giant Pokemon as good for raid battles but in concept it's lame in comparison to Mega Evolution. Having Flygon in that raid battle better give us Mega Flygon Gamefreak!

OK, so Wooloo and Corviknight look very promising. I'm assuming the latter isn't the regional bird, as it doesn't look like it will evolve and it would seem odd not to start with the first stage. Gossifleur and its evolution do their job as the usual early game plant (which I'm rarely interested in), but Drednaw looks a bit off to me. The wolves seem fine I guess, but I won't be making a decision on Sword or Shield based on them anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

At the very least to me it is nice to see that free roaming Pokemon on the over-world are somewhat back in these games? That was among the few only good ideas from the Lets Go games and was something I wanted to return.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something I noticed is that in one scene a character's mouth was moving, so maybe minor voice acting?

• Thumbs Up 2

You know me. You know the drill. Here is the first Sword/Shield Recap!

Galar Region Starters

pokemon_grookey.jpgpokemon_grookey2.jpg

6_05_grookey_1.jpg

• Grookey
  • Category: Chimp Pokémon
  • Type: Grass
  • Height: 1′
  • Weight: 11 lbs.
  • Ability: Overgrow

The stick held by Grookey was originally a branch from the forest where troops of Grookey live, but it’s no longer a simple branch. It has gained special powers after being exposed to the energy within Grookey’s body.

Its green fur creates energy from sunlight. Wilted flowers and leaves have been seen to regain their color when Grookey drums with its stick near them.

pokemon_scorbunny.jpgpokemon_scorbunny2.jpg

6_05_scorbunny_1.jpg

• Scorbunny
  • Category: Rabbit Pokémon
  • Type: Fire
  • Weight: 9.9 lbs.
  • Ability: Blaze

Scorbunny uses its powerful legs to run and jump around its opponents, confusing and disorienting them. The soles of its feet can become very hot, and Scorbunny can kick opponents to damage and burn them, too!

Scorbunny has a fire sac in its chest, which contains viscous fire energy. If Scorbunny is able to increase its heart rate and body temperature by running around and warming up properly, the true power of its fire energy will be awakened and its physical capabilities will greatly increase.

Sobblepokemon_sobble2.jpg

6_05_sobble_1.jpg

• Sobble
  • Category: Water Lizard Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Weight: 8.8 lbs.
  • Ability: Torrent

When Sobble touches water, its body changes its pattern and color, allowing it to blend into its surroundings. Sobble is a bit timid, and so if it gets nervous or embarrassed, it will secrete the water within its body like sweat and disappear into the surroundings.

Sobble’s tears are capable of making others cry. This effect is so strong, it is said that its tears are as potent as 100 onions. If Sobble feels threatened, it will start to bawl and spread its tears around the area, causing everyone around it to start crying uncontrollably. Sobble will then use this distraction as a chance to escape.

Boxart Legendaries

legendary_left.jpg

• Zacian
  • Category: ? Pokémon
  • Type: ?
  • Height: ?
  • Weight: ? lbs.
  • Ability: ?

Zacian attacks so gracefully that its movements can even captivate its opponents. It holds what appears to be a sword in its mouth.

Its shining blade can cut through anything.

legendary_right.jpg

• Zamazenta
  • Category: ? Pokémon
  • Type: ?
  • Height: ?
  • Weight: ? lbs.
  • Ability: ?

Zamazenta’s regal and majestic movements overwhelm any opponents that dare face it. Its body is covered in what seems to be a shield.

Its gleaming shield can turn back any attack.

Unfortunately, their names and cool designs is all we know about them so far...

Galar Region Pokémon

Gossifleur

6_05_gossifleur_1.jpg6_05_gossifleur_2.jpg

• Gossifleur
  • Category: Flowering Pokémon
  • Height: 1′4″
  • Weight: 4.9 lbs.
  • Abilities: Cotton Down/Regenerator

Gossifleur prefers lands with clean water and air, and its pollen has a healing effect. Its pollen works on people, too, and it used to be a common folk medicine remedy for children of the Galar region to be given a tea made from this pollen when they fell ill.

Gossifleur travels over long distances by getting blown along by the wind. It controls the direction of its travels by twisting its body and petals.

pokemon_eldegoss.jpg

6_05_eldegoss_1.jpg6_05_eldegoss_2.jpg

• Eldegoss
  • Category: Cotton Bloom Pokémon
  • Height: 1′8″
  • Weight: 5.5 lbs.
  • Abilities: Cotton Down/Regenerator
  • Gossifleur Evolves into Eldegoss

When Gossifleur evolves into Eldegoss, its head becomes covered in thick cotton fluff. This cotton fluff serves as a cushion, helping to protect Eldegoss’s head from damage.

The tiny seeds attached to the cotton fluff are said to be highly nutritious and beneficial to both people and Pokémon. Eldegoss spreads these seeds throughout the region by sending them on the wind, making the soil of the Galar region rich in nutrients.

6_05_pokemon_3.jpg6_05_pokemon_4.jpg

Cotton Down, the Ability of Gossifleur and Eldegoss, is one of these new Abilities. When a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by an attack, it will send out cotton fluff that will lower the Speed stat of other Pokémon!

pokemon-wooloo.jpgpokemon-wooloo2.jpg6_05_wooloo_1.jpg

• Wooloo
  • Category: Sheep Pokémon
  • Type: Normal
  • Height: 2′
  • Weight: 13.2 lbs.
  • Abilities: Fluffy/Run Away

The white fur that covers their bodies grows throughout their lives, and it will fully grow back in three months even if the Wooloo has been completely shorn. The fur is used for clothing and carpets and the like, and it is very popular as a specialty product of the Galar region.

Wooloo live as a herd and mimic the actions of their Trainer or herd leader. They dislike conflict, and if they need to escape from enemies, they will simply roll away.

pokemon_corviknight.jpg6_05_corviknight_1.jpg6_05_corviknight_2.jpg

• Corviknight
  • Category: Raven Pokémon
  • Type: Flying/Steel
  • Height: 7′3″
  • Weight: 165.3 lbs.
  • Abilities: Pressure/Unnerve

It is said that Corviknight is the strongest Pokémon living in the skies of the Galar region. It can often be seen fearlessly soaring through the air. Many say that any Pokémon foolish enough to challenge Corviknight are sent running with just a sharp glare and cry from this fearsome Pokémon.

Corviknight possess superb flying skills and high intelligence. Because of this, many of them work for the company called Galar Taxi, helping transport people from town to town.

Looks like Skarmory's badass cousin.

pokemon_drednaw.jpg6_05_drednaw_1.jpg6_05_drednaw_2.jpg

• Drednaw
  • Category: Bite Pokémon
  • Type: Water/Rock
  • Height: 3′3″
  • Weight: 254.6 lbs.
  • Abilities: Strong Jaw/Shell Armor

The sharp, jagged fangs of the Bite Pokémon Drednaw are strong and sharp enough to bite through rock and iron. Though it has an extremely heavy rock shell, its well-developed muscles allow it to move quickly.

Drednaw is known to be extremely vicious, and it takes a skilled Trainer to tame and handle this Pokémon. It seems that some Trainers will release Drednaw back into the wild once they discover they can’t handle it.

Looks like a fusion of Turtwig and Tirtouga.

Galar Region Human Characters

people_main.jpg

character_190605_01_01.jpg

The skin options seem to be the same as Sun/Moon.

people_professor.jpg

character_190605_04_01.jpg

Professor Magnolia is the preeminent Pokémon Professor of the Galar region. Her main focus of research has been the Dynamax phenomenon. She shares her home with Sonia and has given her a certain research task...

people_sonia.jpg

character_190605_05_01.jpg

Sonia is the granddaughter of Professor Magnolia, and she’s Leon’s childhood friend. She’s also a young researcher, who serves as assistant to Professor Magnolia. She’s very knowledgeable and will offer helpful advice to aid you on your adventure!

latest?cb=20170430051503

She kind of reminds me of Athena Cykes from the Ace Attorney Series.

people_leon.jpg

character_190605_02_01.jpg

Leon is the current Champion of the Galar region and has never been defeated in an official Pokémon battle. His personality, together with his peerless skill, has made him extremely popular. He truly deserves the title of "the greatest Trainer in all of Galar".

people_hop.jpg

character_190605_03_01.jpg

Hop is Leon’s younger brother and will become one of your rivals. He and you are neighbors, and you’ll begin your journeys on the same day. He aims to become Champion, just like his older brother did.

people_milo.jpg

6_05_milo_1.jpg6_05_milo_2.jpg

Milo is one of the Gym Leaders of the Galar region. He has a kind heart and is well liked by the Trainers of his Gym. His credo is to always enjoy battles, and he specializes in endurance matches using Grass-type Pokémon.

New Mechanics

rotom.jpg

img_howtoplay01_07.jpg

6_05_rotom_1.jpg

Any Pokémon that you find or catch during your adventure will have its information registered in the Pokédex. The Pokédex in these titles will actually be part of your Rotom Phone! Your Rotom Phone is also home to Rotom, a Pokémon that can enter into various electric appliances. And your Rotom Phone can do a lot more than serve as a Pokédex!

For example, you can attach it to your bike to make it move faster on land, or it can even help you travel over water!

6_05_dynamax_5.jpg6_05_dynamax_6.jpg

Dynamax is a phenomenon unique to specific locations in the Galar region, where Pokémon are able to take on gigantic appearances. Pokémon from the Galar region are capable of Dynamaxing, and the Dynamax Pokémon become tremendously strong.

The Dynamax phenomenon, which allows Pokémon to become tremendously powerful, is an integral part of Pokémon battles in the Galar region. Dynamax Pokémon don’t just become bigger—they get a boost in power as well. But they will return to normal after three turns, so make sure think carefully about when to trigger the Dynamax phenomenon!

You can only Dynamax your Pokémon once per battle!

You can only Dynamax your Pokémon in specific locations of the Galar region, like in the stadiums of Pokémon Gyms.

img_system02_03.jpg

6_05_dynamax_7.jpg6_05_dynamax_8.jpg

Naturally, the Dynamax phenomenon is the topic of much research in the Galar region. A special item known as the Dynamax Band is the product of such research. Only Trainers who possess a Dynamax Band are able to Dynamax their Pokémon.

6_05_dynamax_9.jpg6_05_dynamax_10.jpg6_05_dynamax_11.jpg6_05_dynamax_12.jpg

All the moves of a Dynamax Pokémon will turn into special Max Moves. Max Moves pack a punch, but that’s not all! Some of them can even trigger powerful additional effects!

The Max Moves your Pokémon can use are determined by what kind and types of moves they knew before Dynamaxing.

The Normal-type Max Move called Max Strike has the additional effect of lowering the Speed stats of opponents it hits!

maxraid.jpg

Max Raid Battles are a completely new battle format where you will team up with three other Trainers in order to take on a wild Dynamax Pokémon. You’ll get a chance to catch the wild Dynamax Pokémon that you face if you manage to defeat it.

But don’t get too confident. The wild Dynamax Pokémon will remain in their giant form for the entire battle and have other unique powers to boot. They won’t go down easily!

Only one member of the group, consisting of you and your allies, can Dynamax a Pokémon during Max Raid Battles, so close teamwork is key. Additionally, some things you can do in the Wild Area, like Max Raid Battles, can become even more fun by connecting with other players.

The wild Dynamax Pokémon you’ll face in Max Raid Battles seem to vary based on where you are in the Wild Area or what the weather is like.

The weather in the Wild Area changes every day, so be ready to meet a variety of Pokémon each time you visit. Also, it seems that some Pokémon can only be caught in Max Raid Battles!

6_05_maxraid_5.jpg6_05_maxraid_6.jpg

For example, you can face Steenee when it’s sunny and Lanturn when it’s raining!

6_05_maxraid_7.jpg

You can join up with people near you to participate in Max Raid Battles, but you can also connect to Pokémon Trainers around the world via the internet and face Dynamax Pokémon together with them!

NOTES:

• If three other Trainers aren’t available to participate in Max Raid Battles, support Trainers will automatically be added to your side to help you battle the wild Dynamax Pokémon.
  • Enrollment in the Nintendo Switch Online (paid) service is required for online gameplay.

One thing I do love is that Corviknight makes for one hell of a cooler crow design than Murkrow, or Honchkrow (I know it's probably supposed to be a raven, or a jackdaw, but bear with me).

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

One thing I do love is that Corviknight makes for one hell of a cooler crow design than Murkrow, or Honchkrow (I know it's probably supposed to be a raven, or a jackdaw, but bear with me).

Ravens are literally just big crows anyway. But I agree. As cool as those two are, Game Freak has stepped up their crow game.

34 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Here's some leaks by a guy who's been totally legit so far, so major spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I don't know quite what to think of this. It's weird that they mention only one wolf legendary when the direct was very clear about there being two separate Pokémon.

• Thumbs Up 3

The anime did it first:

D8TQivhXoAExTCN?format=jpg&name=900x900

D8TQiv4XUAAC5vB?format=jpg&name=large

Quick thoughts: Wooloo is adorbs, Corviknight is freaking cool, but the legendary designs are weak imo.

E: A picture!

tumblr_psmq729oEB1s9pusko1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't have time to watch the video, gonna watch it when I get home. But looking at the screenshots....

I hear they have a new art director, or whatever is responsible for design. Is this true? Maybe that's why the new pokemons look similar to past ones with a new twist. Most of them makes me think, "huh, this reminds me of [pokemon]". (Scorbunny looks like Buneary+meowth, Sobble reminds me of Mudkip, Grookey...sooorta like a pre-evo for Passimian, Gossifleur reminds me of Lilligant, Eldegoss =Jumpluff+Whimsicott, etc...) Which isn't bad, btw. It's just that I never had this feel in the previous gen.

Of course, there's also the fact there's too many pokemons that the concept/motif starts overlapping. Wooloo reminded me of Mareep but that's more of "they're both sheeps" rather than their designs are similar. But then, I was expecting them to be more distinct. Like we have a lot of flower pokemons but they're pretty unique and different.

I hope they have a bumblebee pokemon. We have enough butterfly/moths. We need more bees.

The open world stuff is really awesome. What I've been wanting from Pokémon. Hopefully it's well-designed.

I like most of the new Pokémon. I just don't care for Gossifleur. And the Legendaries. They suck. I hate how similar they are, and I'm sick of Legendaries having armor or looking metal/robotic.

Dynamaxing looks lame. The artwork makes it look cool, but in-game it just looks boring. But I guess we have an explanation for the giant Dragonite in the anime now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The graphics are alright, but the textures could us some work.

Milo and Leon look lame. Just look at Leon's lame painted on beard. Hop is alright, but he's no Hau. Sylvia and Magnolia look fine, too.

31 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Ravens are literally just big crows anyway. But I agree. As cool as those two are, Game Freak has stepped up their crow game.

Yeah, I don't know quite what to think of this. It's weird that they mention only one wolf legendary when the direct was very clear about there being two separate Pokémon.

Spoiler

Sounds like they were playing through it, so they may only know of one of the wolves. Everything else is too on point o be fake.

They also seem to think this would be the first Fairy-Type gym, but we had on in XY lol

Team Yell has me worried. The "Fans of Marnie" thing makes me worried they'll be creepy pedos. lol

25 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Here's what I think about the leak.  Actually, I'm going to post a transcription of the leak in the below spoiler, first, to make it easily accessible; warning to those who haven't seen it yet that everything in it is either presently uncomfirmed or completely correct.

Spoiler

-Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie

-Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble

-To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana

-Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don't recall its name

-Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the Pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like a long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and music notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu

-Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game

-Some pokemon, like Farfetchd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfetchd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur.

-Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon whol will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half of the berries that dropped

-The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones

-Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges:
1. Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere
2. Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
3. Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, byt you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it

-While there is a transit system, you will have to go through the Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where will pokemon dynamax and have to be beaten in for a person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items

-Camping is how you play with pokemon now. You'll get two toys, a feather toy and toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise stats and friendliness

-Pokemon will not walk besides you in the overworld map

-Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter (may have meant "pure fire" ?). It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid.

-Sobble becomes Sizzle and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme

-Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack

And my actual thoughts, which boil down to the leaker not being quite as in the know as they pretend, but still clearly having an awful lot of legit information.

Spoiler

It sounds like the leaker may not be presenting the information in the exact way they received it.  For instance, if you just look at images of Zacian and Zamazenta then it's easy to think they're just two forms of the same Pokemon, and it sounds like that's the mistake the leaker made.

Similarly, what they have to say about regional evolutions/forms is somewhat garbled; frankly, I think the idea of "regional evolutions" doesn't even make sense.  It's possible that cross-gen evolutions are more what they're going for, and the "Meowth" is an Alolan Meowth pre-evolution?

They clearly don't know their Pokemon history if they don't know that there's been a Fairy-type gym before, and it's hard to imagine the Fairy gym coming fourth if you follow the map.  Might be worth remembering there being an actress named Opal, though.

Team Yell sound pretty lame, but at the same time it's even more obvious than with Team Skull that they're not the true villains, so sure.  I assume Marnie is going to be an idol or a celebrity or something, to be a rival and an equal whilst also having a whole team of hooligans dedicated to following her around.  GameFreak taking on toxic fandom could be an interesting take.

Also, while it's obvious that "pure fighter" is a typo for "pure fire", Gamefreak why.  It's not enough to stop making the Fire-starter literally Fire/Fighting if you still blatantly design it as a Fire/Fighting type!

2 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Something I noticed is that in one scene a character's mouth was moving, so maybe minor voice acting?

Nah. We’ve had characters moving their mouths to give the impression they’re speaking the text on screen in the 3D games before, usually in the pre-rendered cutscenes.

Observe:

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait for these games!

While fighting giant Pokemon with or without giant Pokemon is neat, I really do kinda miss stuff like Megas. Those felt more... explosive than just super-sizing. But now that hill with the giant carved on it seems more important (and even more hilarious while also remembering its real-life counterpart).

So far, my team is Sobble for sure, possibly Gossifleur, Wooloo and Corviknight. They're not solid, because that's just the beginning, but I'll use them sooner or later if I don't have them on my team.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly really enjoy the legendary designs. Not sure why, but they look fun. The same goes for the rest of the other Pokémon revealed. I can't see myself using Gossifleur or Wooloo, but Dreadnaw will probably find its way into one of my parties.

Overall I was really impressed. Especially by the open ended Wild Area. But I would really like to know how large it is, and ifs just kind of this games Safari Zone. It'll be really disappointing if there's only one Wild Area or you only pass through it once in a typical play through. 

Dynamaxing seems like it's going to be a more fun gimmick than Mega Evolutions and Z Moves, which I make no odds about my distaste for. It certainly looks goofy as all hell, but it temporarily changes the way that you battle in three middle of a battle. It just sounds like it's going to be interesting to play out. 

Friendly rival is urgh... But at least he's got some ambition to him this time, I think? XY  just threw randomness characters at you can called you BFFs, SuMo had the dullard weakling Hau and let's not even get started on Trace in Let's Go. Hop, dumb name aside, might actually do something of worth. I like the look of Magnolia and Sonia too. None too pleased to see the horrible Rotom Dex returning, now I the form of a phone. If it doesn't try to intrude on the game as a character this time though, it won't be so bad. I guess it also means that Rotomdex will travel to Galar with Ash in the anime?

Overall a strong showing. One small interesting thing - in the double pack, Europe gets both games in their usual boxes plus a steel book, whilst North America just gets a more standards double pack. I wish Nintendo would stop limiting their special editions to certain regions... http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/pokemon_sword_and_shield_gets_november_release_date_and_special_double_pack_release

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

pokemon-wooloo2.jpg

I would guess that Wooloo is based on the Valais Blacknose sheep:

sheep-feature-photo.jpg?w=1000&h=599&cro

14047-bbs17sheep1400.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Overall I was really impressed. Especially by the open ended Wild Area. But I would really like to know how large it is, and ifs just kind of this games Safari Zone. It'll be really disappointing if there's only one Wild Area or you only pass through it once in a typical play through.

Lining up the scenes of it in the trailer against the map, it seems like the Wild Area honestly runs through most of the region; we know it starts in the open area with the lakes in the south, but there's also a shot taken right outside the dragon-wall city with the enormous winged building, and it visibly runs between the two.  I'd wager you'll criss-cross the Wild Area through the game, more of it being gradually unlocked as you proceed around the region.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, FFWF said:

Here's what I think about the leak.  Actually, I'm going to post a transcription of the leak in the below spoiler, first, to make it easily accessible; warning to those who haven't seen it yet that everything in it is either presently uncomfirmed or completely correct.

Reveal hidden contents

-Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie

-Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble

-To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana

-Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don't recall its name

-Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the Pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like a long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and music notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu

-Sonia is Leon's former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game

-Some pokemon, like Farfetchd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfetchd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur.

-Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon whol will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half of the berries that dropped

-The fourth gym is the first Fairy type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones

-Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges:
1. Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere
2. Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
3. Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, byt you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who's also trying to catch it

-While there is a transit system, you will have to go through the Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where will pokemon dynamax and have to be beaten in for a person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items

-Camping is how you play with pokemon now. You'll get two toys, a feather toy and toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise stats and friendliness

-Pokemon will not walk besides you in the overworld map

-Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter (may have meant "pure fire" ?). It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid.

-Sobble becomes Sizzle and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme

-Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack

And my actual thoughts, which boil down to the leaker not being quite as in the know as they pretend, but still clearly having an awful lot of legit information.

Reveal hidden contents

It sounds like the leaker may not be presenting the information in the exact way they received it.  For instance, if you just look at images of Zacian and Zamazenta then it's easy to think they're just two forms of the same Pokemon, and it sounds like that's the mistake the leaker made.

Similarly, what they have to say about regional evolutions/forms is somewhat garbled; frankly, I think the idea of "regional evolutions" doesn't even make sense.  It's possible that cross-gen evolutions are more what they're going for, and the "Meowth" is an Alolan Meowth pre-evolution?

They clearly don't know their Pokemon history if they don't know that there's been a Fairy-type gym before, and it's hard to imagine the Fairy gym coming fourth if you follow the map.  Might be worth remembering there being an actress named Opal, though.

Team Yell sound pretty lame, but at the same time it's even more obvious than with Team Skull that they're not the true villains, so sure.  I assume Marnie is going to be an idol or a celebrity or something, to be a rival and an equal whilst also having a whole team of hooligans dedicated to following her around.  GameFreak taking on toxic fandom could be an interesting take.

Also, while it's obvious that "pure fighter" is a typo for "pure fire", Gamefreak why.  It's not enough to stop making the Fire-starter literally Fire/Fighting if you still blatantly design it as a Fire/Fighting type!

Someone just noticed on ResetEra that the wolves' bizarre names, Zacian and Zamazenta, probably come from "cyan" and "magenta". And that would mean

Team Yell - and of course the name of the third legendary - might reference "yellow". So maybe there is more to them than being the butt of the joke, assuming this is all entirely accurate.

• Thumbs Up 3

Scorbunny is already shaping up to have a ridiculous early game advantage.

Spoiler

His flavor text already implies that he'll be on the speedy side, so he'll get to attack first. He'll wreck Corviknight thanks to it being a steel type, and Wooloo's buffing ability means that the Bunny easily bypasses what may be a battle of attrition for everyone else. Then on top of that, the first Gym (or one of the first) is a grass gym, leaving him another batch of easy EXP to mop the floor with

They could at least try to make me consider one of the other two.

Also... whats the appeal of the double pack here? If it follows the trends on the game before it, there really is no reason to buy both versions... a few trades for version exclusives is all it takes to even things out. Have they put out any reason to think this will be different?

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently everything in the direct was leaked 2 weeks ago. And there’s more info on the game 

Edit: looking a few posts above seems I was a bit late lol