Awoo.

Sonictrainer

18 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

You can try but all you have to work with is me saying they would not bend the knee to fans crying over loot boxes. Which is just gamers unable to take responsibility for their actions and blame companies for making it so tempting to buy them sweet sweet loot boxes which you have the option to ignore.

....what kind of blatant corporate apologism...like all you’re doing right here is basically doubling down on your “I take  companies sides of the argument” view, making all the more your arguments here on the Pokémon situation, all the more biased 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 1

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

More so the latter two. Nintendo don't really get to call the shots on stuff like this, concerning Pokemon.

I put Nintendo in there because they still have their name on that box at the end of it all. They still market the franchise as one of their big first parties and, atm, one of their only real big titles going into the holiday. They gain from this series doing well just like the other two so while they may not have the final say, they more than definitely have some pull and aren't clean from this situation. You don't get to be the publisher on something without doing a few things.

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

What's this about a camping feature?

This all but confirmed feature that no one really knows anything about. For all we know it could very well just be that petting mini-game they introduced in X and Y or something. If it really is what's holding things up GF doesn't seem in too much of a hurry to make that known.

2 hours ago, Soniman said:

Because people raised enough of a stink about the Sonic movie to get it delayed fans of other franchise got it in their heads that big corporations should immediately bend to any and all fan demands if they complain loud enough. It kinda creates a unhealthy set of expectations when most of the time....it doesn't work like that at all and developers usually stick yo their guns because they believe they know what's best + money 

That's the double edged sword that no one has really found the handle on yet. Truth of the matter is that we live in a day where the only thing companies have to listen to is their wallets. And what exactly is a quick way of doing that? Well, speak loudly enough on social media to have investors notice the thumbs down and general bad press the brand they've put their money in is getting to have them worry and, in return, the brand themselves worry so that they make changes. This isn't something isolated to games and entertainment, nor is it something even all that new. This is simply where society is. It's never going to be pretty, a lot of the time its not ever going to work, but that's the reality of it all. No one really knows how "unhealthy" these actions are but that doesn't change the fact that they're one of the few things anyone can do to even stand a chance of impacting anything.

Honestly, I'm just tired of worrying about how a couple of huge companies make it out at the end of it all. It's why I don't blame anyone for speaking out against this nor other things anymore. Any threats against people in these companies, of course, is well beyond crossing the line. Making a few post or videos about their actual criticisms though? Yeah, no. Learned these lessons the hard way with Forces.

Truth be told, Sword and Shield are still going to sell well. Though, if you think for a second that these games aren't going to get worse as a result... eh, I wish I could believe that too. It's only a matter of time before they hit a feature everyone and their mother cares about.

• Thumbs Up 4

20 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I don't even really give a shit about the game, I haven't played pokemon in ages.

So don't march in here and tell people that they are making stuff up to be mad about.

They're charging 60 dollars for this game. They are releasing it in two versions. They haven't released a fully new Pokemon game in 3 years. They already released a throwaway game that was supposed to get them acclimated to the hardware and be easy for them to make (that they also charged $60 for and released in two versions). They have access to a console ecosystem where a game being released twice that will sell millions of copies both times is the perfect suitor for the kind of post-release support that any other game from any other developer/publisher would get when faced with such a backlash. Their reasoning for not bothering in the first place reads like a parody of the previous instances of them not putting effort in. It's an absolute perfect storm for people to take serious issue with what they are going to do, and that they have to do damage control at all this time should say enough about how angry it has made people. And coming out and saying that they are aware people are upset but no, they won't do anything, is telling people that they don't really care.

I'm just willing to consider that trying to fill a game with ~1000 monsters each with their own models, animations, stats, movesets (probably nearabout a thousand of them at this point too), etc, along with everything else necessary to make that into an actual game, is not a trivial process and some things might have to be cut back to get a functional, complete game out in a reasonable time.

And when they stop shitting out 3DS games running at 1080p for 50% more money than the actual 3DS games were, this will be a more reasonable argument to consider.

And even if you could somehow prove that they could get it all done under the budget and deadlines they've got and make them put every pokemon in, this is still an issue they're going to have to address at some point. They're not going to just stop adding pokemon. The number of things they're going to have to manage and maintain is just going to get bigger, and it's going to break down eventually if they don't do something about it.

Oh no. They'll have to add some 1337 tween motion to the models they largely already made and have reused several times for the throwaway gimmick feature they are putting in this game. How will they ever get a game out in time to sell 10 million copies unless they spend more than a year and $50 developing it?

One more thing:

If you want to believe he's lying and they're just lazy or whatever, fine, sure, believe what you want.

Tell you what: I'm going to hold on to this. Next time you shit on something Iizuka or whoever at Sonic Team say trying to justify why a 3D Sonic game looks like a lazy rehash, or call out someone for trying to defend Sonic Team for releasing something like Forces, I'll bring it out just for you.

• Thumbs Up 6

End of the day I'm not paying an extra $20 for an upscaled Pokémon game with less features. I can't convince myself to do it, I'm not even the slightest bit tempted to buy SwSh. I own one version of every gen up to this point so I think I'll be satisfied simply replaying old games and checking out the occasional ROM hack from now on to get my fix. It's been a good run, a great one even for me, but ever since XY the series has slowly turned into something I've cared less about and I don't think it's for me anymore.

• Thumbs Up 5

They can't delay Sword and Shield now, but hopefully the backlash will influence future games. But I doubt it. I very much doubt it. I think the only reason I bought Ultra Moon (besides not getting it for full price) was so I'd have another game to nuzlocke with harder bosses and a bigger dex. Which sucks because gen 7 was flawed but I thought it had good ideas and charm, but Sword and Shield were completely killed by the stupid decisions finally catching up to them. They might not even be that bad as games (I thought they seemed like they were gonna be awesome until the dynamax and dex shit), but the direction the series has taken with the corner cutting and constant Kanto pandering has put me off more and more over the years. To top it all off I don't even care for any of the new Pokemon so far.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Strickerx5 said:

That's the double edged sword that no one has really found the handle on yet. Truth of the matter is that we live in a day where the only thing companies have to listen to is their wallets. And what exactly is a quick way of doing that? Well, speak loudly enough on social media to have investors notice the thumbs down and general bad press the brand they've put their money in is getting to have them worry and, in return, the brand themselves worry so that they make changes. This isn't something isolated to games and entertainment, nor is it something even all that new. This is simply where society is. It's never going to be pretty, a lot of the time its not ever going to work, but that's the reality of it all. No one really knows how "unhealthy" these actions are but that doesn't change the fact that they're one of the few things anyone can do to even stand a chance of impacting anything.

Honestly, I'm just tired of worrying about how a couple of huge companies make it out at the end of it all. It's why I don't blame anyone for speaking out against this nor other things anymore. Any threats against people in these companies, of course, is well beyond crossing the line. Making a few post or videos about their actual criticisms though? Yeah, no. Learned these lessons the hard way with Forces.

Truth be told, Sword and Shield are still going to sell well. Though, if you think for a second that these games aren't going to get worse as a result... eh, I wish I could believe that too. It's only a matter of time before they hit a feature everyone and their mother cares about.

I think what @Soniman was referring to was the false sense of entitlement some fans seem to have in terms of entertainment.

It’s not a new mindset for fans to act like their favorite franchises and companies have to conform to every suggestion they make on the basis that the fans somehow know the creative process best, even if they don’t actually participate in it on a professional level. But it hasn’t gotten less obnoxious over the years, and social media unfortunately gives fans a viable platform when before those same fans would just send off letters that got discarded by some minimum wage employee.

And of course it’s not a bad idea to listen to your most loyal customers, but frankly your typical fan, especially with gaming, is not an expert at making and business-managing the things they complain endlessly about. That is not actually a bad thing at all; you don’t need to be a pro chef to know when a soufflé has fallen. But it can contribute to an unhealthy cycle of toxicity— fans demand things that don’t make sense from a business perspective, so companies cannot win no matter what, which fuels further demands if it’s not implemented or fuels new complaints when it’s implemented and doesn’t pan out as well as the fans thought it would. For example, there’s not exactly a shortage of Pokémon fans who, if they had their way, would keep all the games in Kanto with no new Pokémon or mechanics ever, but that’s not feasible for any franchise. It also arguably doesn't even address Sword and Shield’s problems, instead putting a Red and Blue coat of paint on them. The only way to shut down the cycle is for companies to make judgement calls and stick to them long term.

These kinds of things tend to be slippery slopes when the internet gets involved— the initial point of outrage is usually understandable, but unreasonable people use it as an opportunity to push their much less reasonable agenda, others poison the well with deliberate misinformation and/or scandalmongering for money and attention, others just take it as an excuse to be an overly aggressive jerk towards other humans while demanding that people respect them in spite of (and sometimes for) it, and in worst case scenarios the actual not-unreasonable source of outrage is eventually forgotten in exchange for people focusing exclusively on the irrational and misinformation-laden crap.

This isn’t even close to being pro-corporate. I think GF made a lot of stupid decisions with Sword and Shield and should be criticized for them. But what I am saying is that  the mindset that all negative criticisms from fans come from a fundamentally good, competent, and reasonable place that deserves priority focus from creators is unhealthy, which is what I think @Soniman was aiming his criticism at and what I believe to be a valid concern for people who don’t want to get targeted for hate and harassment over a freaking video game of all things. As @Kuzu the Boloedge hinted at earlier, outrage culture is an unhealthy thing built on unrealistic terms and expectations, has been worsened by social media, and it should be criticized for its negative effects on discussion and understanding. Long term cultural change doesn’t happen quickly but it requires a consistent effort from people to occur at all.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

30 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

I think was Soniman was referring to was the false sense of entitlement some fans seem to have in terms of entertainment.

It’s not a new mindset for fans to act like their favorite franchises and companies have to conform to every suggestion they make on the basis that the fans somehow know the creative process best, even if they don’t actually participate in it on a professional level. But it hasn’t gotten less obnoxious over the years, and social media unfortunately gives fans a viable platform when before those same fans would just send off letters that got discarded by some minimum wage employee.

And of course it’s not a bad idea to listen to your most loyal customers, but frankly your typical fan, especially with gaming, is not an expert at making and business-managing the things they complain endlessly about. That is not actually a bad thing at all; you don’t need to be a pro chef to know when a soufflé has fallen. But it can contribute to an unhealthy cycle of toxicity— fans demand things that don’t make sense from a business perspective, so companies cannot win no matter what, which fuels further demands if it’s not implemented or fuels new complaints when it’s implemented and doesn’t pan out as well as the fans thought it would. For example, there’s not exactly a shortage of Pokémon fans who, if they had their way, would keep all the games in Kanto with no new Pokémon or mechanics ever, but that’s not feasible for any franchise. It also arguably doesn't even address Sword and Shield’s problems, instead putting a Red and Blue coat of paint on them. The only way to shut down the cycle is for companies to make judgement calls and stick to them long term.

These kinds of things tend to be slippery slopes when the internet gets involved— the initial point of outrage is usually understandable, but unreasonable people use it as an opportunity to push their much less reasonable agenda, others poison the well with deliberate misinformation and/or scandalmongering for money and attention, others just take it as an excuse to be an overly aggressive jerk towards other humans while demanding that people respect them in spite of (and sometimes for) it, and in worst case scenarios the actual not-unreasonable source of outrage is eventually forgotten in exchange for people focusing exclusively on the irrational and misinformation-laden crap.

This isn’t even close to being pro-corporate. I think GF made a lot of stupid decisions with Sword and Shield and should be criticized for them. But what I am saying is that  the mindset that all negative criticisms from fans come from a fundamentally good, competent, and reasonable place that deserves priority focus from creators is unhealthy, which is what I think Soniman was aiming his criticism at and what I believe to be a valid concern for people who don’t want to get targeted for hate and harassment over a freaking video game of all things. As @Kuzu the Boloedge hinted at earlier, outrage culture is an unhealthy thing built on unrealistic terms expectations, has been worsened by social media, and it should be criticized for its negative effects on discussion and understanding. Long term cultural change doesn’t happen quickly but it requires a consistent effort from people to occur at all.

Nothing you said here is wrong but, again, that's the nature of the beast we have at play. Like everything, its not black or white and people can certainly take it too far. But there is indeed two sides here. That being said, not backing down in voicing your criticisms isn't going that far at all. It might be annoying to those who don't mind the changes, but the same could be said for people praising some of the new things while others couldn't care less. That's the nature of discussion. It's not respecting others that gets people in trouble.

You don't get your ideas out there by keeping quiet and/or stopping. And if you don't put your ideas other there... well, things will get worse.

• Thumbs Up 7

It's sad when ROM hacks of Gen 3, which is on inferior hardware in the form of GBA games, have more content in them than recent games made by GameFreak.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/26/2019 at 5:52 PM, Autosaver said:

If they made a AAA-style Pokémon game that didn’t have new Pokémon, I don’t think people would be too upset.

If the Galar Region was introduced and they stated in the first trailer for the game that every past Pokémon and Mega Evolution is available and/or could be transferred, but there were no new Pokémon or forms...

...that would be just as disappointing to me.

One of the major exciting things about a new Generation of Pokémon is what kind of new Pokémon will live there.

I loved the Alola Region because:

1. I actually lived in Hawaii when I was younger
  2. I loved the designs of the Pokémon we got

Not only did we have the Hawaiian inspired designs, like Comfey and the Tapus, but we also got Regional Variants, which took the fan idea of Pokémon Breeds but made it a little more original, and the Ultra Beasts, which were literally created by taking the rules they normally didn't break when designing Pokémon and breaking them. (I'm still surprised we didn't get a fire/rock tiki Pokémon)

I have never been to the UK, yet I'm already fascinated by all of the ideas, theories, and rumors for the revealed Pokémon, possible unknown Pokémon designs, and lore of the Galar Region I've seen fans from the UK or other fans who did research come up with.

As someone that loves to organize my Pokémon in the Storage System by Types and by their National Dex Numbers, I wasn't happy about Sun & Moon not having a National Dex Option or any of the "Special Wallpapers" for the Storage System like in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White. I always made a Box marked "Starters" that used the "Starter" Wallpaper. Also, while the Island Scan was a cool idea, I stopped using it after a while because those Pokémon weren't being added to the Rotom Dex whether I caught them or not and if they're not being added to my Pokédex, they're just taking up space in my Storage for no reason unless I want other options, someone wants to trade for it or get an Egg from it, or unless I want to fill up my Pokémon Bank, even though its already in my National Pokédex on there, since I already completed the National Dex in X.

I understand that people are upset, disappointed, and skeptical about the situation of transferring. However, I don't think sacrificing Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Wooloo, Corviknight, Drednaw, Impidimp, Yamper, Zacian, Zamazenta, and whatever else we haven't seen yet, would have been a better idea in order for everyone in the older generations to get in.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd be perfectly fine with a big new adventure game that doesn't have any new Pokemon, but lets me catch absolutely every single Pokemon there is in the wild in a huge and expansive world that I can travel, explore and fight in. That's my dream Pokemon game and has been for over 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

However, I don't think sacrificing Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Wooloo, Corviknight, Drednaw, Impidimp, Yamper, Zacian, Zamazenta, and whatever else we haven't seen yet, would have been a better idea in order for everyone in the older generations to get in.

That's something that would have been a major concern when they actually have to make new assets for those older generation Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sooooooooo is anyone actually looking forward to the games? I’ll admit that I find it disappointing that some of my favorites aren’t gonna be in the game and graphics can be better but I’m interested in what SwSh can do.

Also, can we please not go into the “you’re not a real Pokémon fan” bullshit to fans who are excited for the games. If I can air my grievances for Sonic Forces(along with my disinterest for Mania) without demonizing the people who were enthusiastic for it, I’m sure Pokemon fans can do the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Sooooooooo is anyone actually looking forward to the games? I’ll admit that I find it disappointing that some of my favorites aren’t gonna be in the game and graphics can be better but I’m interested in what SwSh can do.

Also, can we please not go into the “you’re not a real Pokémon fan” bullshit to fans who are excited for the games. If I can air my grievances for Sonic Forces(along with my disinterest for Mania) without demonizing the people who were enthusiastic for it, I’m sure Pokemon fans can do the same.

You give people far too much credit on the Internet. If you're excited for the game, you're best bet is to just lay low and keep out of all of this shit. 

22 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Sooooooooo is anyone actually looking forward to the games?

Pick-me.jpg

My mom's birthday is the day before so I can skip work for a midnight release happily celebrate with her by taking the next day off.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Mad Convoy said:

outrage culture is an unhealthy thing built on unrealistic terms and expectations, has been worsened by social media, and it should be criticized for its negative effects on discussion and understanding.

So I already have my issues with the statement as a whole in relation to the game industry(actually not just the game industry, but I digress), but relating to Pokémon? I don’t see the unrealistic expectations laid out when AGAIN, they have the assets there and this can more than likely be chalked up to ignorance or laziness on their end.

I also don’t see the arguments presented at their core being the issue. Most people here criticizing and calling out gamefreak simply have brought up the facts, and it’s been usually the people arguing FOR the game and why it’s like this kicking up a stink about people “complaining” despite the reasonable issues people have addressed regarding the games choices. So if anything, toxic apathy/optimism has been the larger cause for unrest as we’re literally going in a circle regarding these arguments and disputes. The same discussions I saw at announcement of this, and I’m still seeing people argue the same points about how much work it would be on GF, despite the evidence presented against that. A argument point brought up weeks ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

People are trying to defend the game because they're trying to deflect the fact that they personally don't care about the issues, and avoid unrest from the part of the fanbase that do. Fact is, doesn't matter what side you're on, what matters is how you behave. And the bottom line, most people are acting completely obnoxious and overly passionate about this. 

I don't care how much you love Pokemon because at the end of the day, its a fucking video game. You will wake up tomorrow and go about your business regardless of what this game does, so getting so upset about this ultimately does nothing but harm your own peace of mind at the end of the day. But because the Internet is the way it is, the only way people feel good is if they rage at each other all day, even though nobody is really saying anything and therefore, will just go in circles accomplishing nothing. 

To give my personal thoughts; I don't care. I'm going to buy the games, because part of me is still curious about what they're going to add. I don't care about the stuff they're cutting. It sucks, and I will hope they change for the better in the future but at the end of the day, I just wanna play a video game. And I'm positive most people just wanna play a video game too. Because once again, its not that fucking serious. 

And I'm not trying to downplay people who have legitimate, and constructive criticism (and I implore people to look up what those bolded words mean) towards the games, because I will admit the issues surrounding them are real. But you really have to look at yourself, sit down and think how much a video game is getting you this emotionally invested and wonder is it really worth all of this stress. 

• Promotion 1

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

....what kind of blatant corporate apologism...like all you’re doing right here is basically doubling down on your “I take  companies sides of the argument” view, making all the more your arguments here on the Pokémon situation, all the more biased 

You can make up all the terms you want to try to break down my thinking (what in the world is toxix optimism @.@). But at the end of the day I am not defending the companies for putting in anything in games. I grew up in a day  where games had everything in them. You unlocked new things by playing the game. No worry about dlc this and loot box skin that. I could get it myself or with the old up down left up up triangle cheat codes. I miss those days. All that said I am also older in the fact I am not healthy enough to sit and get mad at the workers over at GF for not getting every single minor pokemon into this one new game. Yea it bites. Im paying for bank i would think it was made for carrying all my critters into every new game going forward. But at the same time when i heard that not all would be in the game i just shrugged and said Id still buy it to see the story and new features. I wake up the next day to see people fuming at GF over this and some of the typical hateful messages to them as well as being lazy. How does anyone know what those employees do in a day. Its easy to say this and not actually be there watching them over their shoulder.  but honestly well see. I still expect the game to be fun. Not saying its not fair but im not going to let a few pokemon missing ruin the wait ive been waiting *heh* for this mainline game. As lets go just did not do it for me.

No National Dex is a genuine problem but I'm not gonna let it turn me off. People jumping ship, canceling pre-orders, saying how it's the final straw and the ultimate culmination of Pokemons downfall post Gen V? Yall are valid. I don't agree with any of it but you do you. I'll keep on playing because I love this franchise and it means a lot to me. I loved ORAS despite no Battle Frontier, I loved Sun and Moon despite the "cutscenes" (helps that I love the story) I'm sure I'll enjoy this 

• Thumbs Up 3

@KHCast Your arguments against my statements are based on false pretenses.

For one, I never said anything defending Game Freak’s decisions. Quite the opposite; I’ve reiterated several times that GF deserves criticism for decisions that I actually agree with you are stupid. I likewise have said nothing defending fans’ behavior beyond a basic “Don’t use controversy for cheap attention/easy money or to justify being a jerk to people just for liking something you don’t.” message— which I mean, c’mon, that should be obvious. The fact that I felt like I needed to clarify something like that that I thought would be basic sense to most people is frankly a really sad reflection of the state of discussion on the internet. If advocating for basic respect and against profiteering off of outrage is toxic, then I am officially a Poison type and proud, because it is never okay to be a jerk towards others over petty matters or to exploit people’s emotions for money.

Furthermore, I also wasn’t addressing a generalized audience, but rather a specific response to a post by @Soniman that I thought had misunderstood what @Soniman had said. In this case trying to counter a point about influencing companies when @Soniman‘s point was more about a specific and terrible side of fan culture. I don’t know anything about how things started out, just where things are now. And I don’t do blame games anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

don't care how much you love Pokemon because at the end of the day, its a fucking video game. You will wake up tomorrow and go about your business regardless of what this game does, so getting so upset about this ultimately does nothing but harm your own peace of mind at the end of the day. But because the Internet is the way it is, the only way people feel good is if they rage at each other all day, even though nobody is really saying anything and therefore, will just go in circles accomplishing nothing. 

No one here is acting as if their blood needs Pokémon to live, we all understand it’s a video game. But we’re customers, and we can express when something isn’t looking good. Coming together to express disappointment/disapproval with a product is about the only thing customers have in regards to a voice. Yes, we all die, we live life, there are more important things than video games, but that doesn’t mean criticism in mass is wrong either of having a passion for a franchise and being disappointed is bad. That’s the market. This is an industry like any other 

13 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

If advocating for basic respect and against profiteering off of outrage is toxic, then I am officially a Poison type and proud, because it is never okay to be a jerk towards others over petty matters or to exploit people’s emotions for money.

Yes, blind hate for the sake of it is wrong. Except criticism and anger doesn’t automatically equate to being a jerk or lacking respect or devaluation of one’s argument. They aren’t mutually exclusive. And actually can better educate people in certain instances. Maybe instead of being annoyed at the outrage for being outrage, more people focus on what it’s about and why it’s happening. For example, outrage over Crunch periods happening in the industry, and people that defend them. That’s a valid example where outrage in gaming makes sense. And while the Pokémon issue isn’t near that level, I’d say people expressing upset emotions and annoyance over the deteriorating quality and complacency they feel has been going on is valid, and not toxic. Now if they’re attacking GF employees verbally or sending threats, that’s definitely not on.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

No one here is acting as if their blood needs Pokémon to live, we all understand it’s a video game. But we’re customers, and we can express when something isn’t looking good. Coming together to express disappointment/disapproval with a product is about the only thing customers have in regards to a voice. Yes, we all die, we live life, there are more important things than video games, but that doesn’t mean criticism in mass is wrong either of having a passion for a franchise and being disappointed is bad. That’s the market. This is an industry like any other 

Hence my statement about legitimate and constructive criticism being fine. Nobody HERE is being stupid (for the most part...) but I was speaking in general. The toxic part of the fanbase screaming onTwitter and Reddit and the like. 

So why do you keep bringing it up every time it people start discussing it in this thread?

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Hence my statement about legitimate and constructive criticism being fine. Nobody HERE is being stupid (for the most part...) but I was speaking in general. The toxic part of the fanbase screaming onTwitter and Reddit and the like. 

What place though does that have here when the discussions here have no real relation to that? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone argue all the outrage is just. I just really don’t see the point here in bringing it up. It’s just brought up to my knowledge to re-iterate when someone doesn’t care about the criticism directed at GF.

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

What place though does that have here when the discussions here have no real relation to that? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone argue all the outrage is just. I just really don’t see the point here in bringing it up. It’s just brought up to my knowledge to re-iterate when someone doesn’t care about the criticism directed at GF.

Just in this topic alone we have people trying to argue down the opposition from their own stance. Whether you're with game freak or not, some of the language when people are being critical gets a bit too aggressive for my taste.

I don't really have anything to add to the people who are against this, I just wanted to give my own POV on the situation and to anyone else who might feel slighted because they can't speak about anything they may like about the game at the moment because of this . 

• Thumbs Up 2

@KHCast Once again, you are basing your counterarguments on false pretenses. I never claimed that all criticism and outrage is akin to being a jerk about it or whatever because, well, it isn’t. That was never my point, which was again to clarify that @Soniman was criticizing a specific and terrible aspect of fan culture and not how corporations are swayed to change.

I will also reiterate that I agree with a lot of the critics on things like that the lack of a National Dex is bad. But I’ve already looked at the other side. I can see where people are coming from in outrage (even though, again, it is over something really petty. Crunch time controversy is an actual workers’ rights issue and hence not even in the same category as “this game cut a big feature most people liked!”. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.) And I can also be annoyed at how they go about coping with and expressing their dissatisfaction. This isn’t an “instead” situation.

If anything, me understanding that the basis of the criticism is valid only heightens my annoyance at people who express their emotions inappropriately or try to exploit a situation for money and attention. People don’t have to resort to aggression, hate, misinformation, snobby behaviors towards others, etc. to argue their point when the facts are on their side! People also don’t need to fan the flames for attention when tensions are already high!