Awoo.

Sonictrainer

On 9/5/2019 at 5:40 PM, Pawn said:

WPMuHN7.jpg

These figures were spotted in the trailer by a member of ResetEra. Sculptures of new Pokémon perhaps?

Maybe the "sculptures" are Pokémon themselves...

On 9/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, Pawn said:

WPMuHN7.jpg

These figures were spotted in the trailer by a member of ResetEra. Sculptures of new Pokémon perhaps?

Those look like designs for Ultra Beasts

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:40 AM, Pawn said:

WPMuHN7.jpg

Just from the blurry image alone they look fantastically striking.  They look so... alien for Pokémon.  Brings me some hope they're keeping the Ultra Beast idea around some more.

new0919.jpg

A new Pokémon has been revealed. This has been done with a glitching page on the official site. The Pokémon is listed as Fighting-type with the ability Steadfast and states that only Pokémon that have survived many battles become it. When something happens to it, it will retire from combat. We're currently compiling all details.

It must be Bea's Ace

What a weird way of revealing a new Pokemon, via a tweet pointing to fake glitches on the official site.  Still, after the initial confusion has faded, I'm in agreement with the general conclusion that this has to be:

Spoiler

Sirfetch'd.  If you rotate the image ninety degrees right, it looks like a round white figure bearing an enormous vegetable-themed sword and shield, the former conspicuously leek-like.  One person has suggested to me that, like Farfetch'd's scrapped Gen 2 evolution, it appears to be swan-themed.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:
  Hide contents

Looks like this one has a bo staff.

If it's Sir'fetched, the stick turned into a staff.

Or Grookey's first evolution

42 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Reveal hidden contents

Or Grookey's first evolution

Spoiler

Usually starter mons tend to keep their ability when they evolve. If it was Grookeys evolution it could've been grass/fighting

The Japanese website it was posted on also, apparently, revealed a part of its name.

ナ イ ト (“nite”)

If we’re still assuming it’s this alleged “Sirfetch’d”, and considering Farfetch’ds Japanese name (Kamonegi)...maybe “Kamonite”?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/6/2019 at 6:10 AM, Pawn said:

WPMuHN7.jpg

Coming back to this for a sec, It's either a new Pokemon or...

Spoiler

A Galar variant of Trevenant.

• Thumbs Up 1

It has been confirmed that some news about Pokémon Sword & Shield will come tomorrow, September 18th at 22:00 JST / 14:00 BST / 09:00 EDT / 06:00 PDT. This will focus on the reveal of the mystery Pokémon that was "glitched" on Friday. At present we don't know the format of the news but will post it as soon as it comes so be sure to keep checking back

Nice! (So basically Wednesday morning for me.)

Spoiler

EEo2JqxUUAEXQc1?format=jpg&name=900x900

When you rotate it, it does kind of look like a bird holding a sword and shield.

• Chuckle 1

Sirfetch'd (Sword exclusive) has been revealed!

pokemon_190913_01_01.png pokemon_190913_01_04.png

A little more footage from the Japanese Twitter (with new music! )

Flavour text:

A noble knight that fights fair and square

The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch'd after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch'd and an Escavalier.

Its irreplaceable leek has seen many battles

In battle, Sirfetch'd uses the sharp stalk of its leek as a lance and the thick leaves as a shield. It maintains this leek over the span of many years and treasures it more than anything. When its leek finally withers, Sirfetch'd will leave the battlefield and retire from battling entirely.

Witness Meteor Assault, the signature move of Sirfetch'd!

Meteor Assault is a new move introduced in these games that only Sirfetch'd can learn! Sirfetch'd points its leek at the opponent and charges toward them at great speed. This move is devastatingly powerful! However, it appears that the move also puts great strain on Sirfetch'd. It will be unable to take action immediately after using this move.

• Thumbs Up 4

>Sword version only

oh shit, until now I’d been considering getting Shield. For now, I’ll wait to see what Shield-exclusive Galar evolution will be (there’s obviously going to be one), and make my decision from there.

Looks a bit plain to me. Take away its vegetable armoury and it's just a white duck with a monobrow. But, I guess Farfetch'd was always made distinct by its leek, so Sirfetch'd distinction is in its vegetables as well.

6 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

>Sword version only

oh shit, until now I’d been considering getting Shield. For now, I’ll wait to see what Shield-exclusive Galar evolution will be (there’s obviously going to be one), and make my decision from there.

Same here. Another "unloved" Pokémon could receive an update. Perhaps even a Dragon-type Dunsparce as a natural enemy to Sirfetch'd.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder if they mean Farfetch'd straight up isn't in the wild in Shield (but presumably you can still transfer and evolve it) or if for some reason it only evolves in one game.

40 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

>Sword version only

36 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Same here. Another "unloved" Pokémon could receive an update. Perhaps even a Dragon-type Dunsparce as a natural enemy to Sirfetch'd.

Perhaps the equivalent will be a certain other infamously weak bird from the earlier generations.

Spoiler

225Delibird.png

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Looks a bit plain to me. Take away its vegetable armoury and it's just a white duck with a monobrow. But, I guess Farfetch'd was always made distinct by its leek, so Sirfetch'd distinction is in its vegetables as well.

Funny that we'd have such opposite opinions on this. I looked at it thought "that design is simple without any superfluous fluff, I really like it". I always like simpler Pokémon designs. They just tend to be more palatable when they're fairly to the point. I really, really enjoy this design!

I'm confused about its typing though. Pure fighting type? That's a bit dull. Fighting/flying would be great, considering that I always thought that Hawlucha was a bit of a disappointment (cool idea, not such a great execution).

It goes without saying that Shield will get a parallel regional evolution; either a different evolution for Farfetch'd or another single-stage Pokémon will evolve instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I'm confused about its typing though. Pure fighting type? That's a bit dull. Fighting/flying would be great, considering that I always thought that Hawlucha was a bit of a disappointment (cool idea, not such a great execution).

I'm assuming because flying would be awkward now that it holds a large object in each wing. Normal/Fighting would have been nice, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I'm assuming because flying would be awkward now that it holds a large object in each wing. Normal/Fighting would have been nice, though.

That's probably true, but.. There are other flying types that can't fly (either can't learn the move our are physically unable of doing many airborne activities). Not to mention that Farfetch'd literally can use fly, so Sirfetch'd must be able to as well.