Awoo.

Sonictrainer

Finally, a direct!

I can't wait to see what the new game's gonna be! I can't wait to see the starters and legendaries! Hopefully we'll have a glimpse of the region and player characters, too!

I wonder what the region will be based on?

It'd be funny if it's a DP remake.

Jokes aside, I never watched any Pokemon directs/announcement videos so I can't help but wonder how much information can a 7 minute direct give us.

If it WAS a new title....maybe the legendaries, protagonists, title, region detail, new gimmick/feature, ....and a silluette of the starters at the end?

7 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

It'd be funny if it's a DP remake.

Jokes aside, I never watched any Pokemon directs/announcement videos so I can't help but wonder how much information can a 7 minute direct give us.

If it WAS a new title....maybe the legendaries, protagonists, title, region detail, new gimmick/feature, ....and a silluette of the starters at the end?

I'd love it but I'd want new new also.

Will Brexit be a thing in the Pokémon world? There shouldn't be many Kalos immigrants about.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

Heck yeah!

I'm choosing Sobble! He's so cute! I wish we could have seen the legendaries, but they're looking to be based on wolves or dogs. Some rumors mentioned Sword and Shield, but they're a well known pair, so it could have been a shot in the dark.

And it looks like we're going to a England inspired region!

Oh man, I wish we could see more Pokemon!

It looked really good!  like Scorbunny the most. I just hope they don't fuck up the fire starter final evolution like the past 2 gens. Galar Region looks nice. I hope it's as open as it looks and that I'm not stopped for a dumb conversation when I enter each area.

Random battles seem to be back. And it doesn't look like the camera will be freely controllable.

I want a Switch now 😕

• Thumbs Up 1

Get you a mon that can do you both:

681Aegislash.png

Ok real talk:

New region name: Galar. Looks like it's based off of England and maybe London.

New Starters: Scorbunny the fire type (who looks like Kyuby to me face wise somehow)

Sobble the water type, a water lizard

and Grookey the grass monkey Pokemon.

Releasing mid 2019.

Another interesting tidbit: they briefly showed some footballesque stadium, maybe you can play that sport with your Pokemon?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

It's a UK-inspired region after all (not just England), as you can see snowy Scotland is in there. I hope there's more inspiration taken from the north than just the weather and coast, but we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of the three new starters, I like the bunny the most. The monkey looks cute, but we already had a monkey as a starter and the lizard looks kind generic. But... looking back almost all the water starters look generic in their first form.

I also like the new region that is based on the United Kingdom. I kinda saw it coming, the next region will take place in a more urban/European setting after the more topical themed region from Sun and Moon.

We start on a farm and head up further north. Battles are looking better but not as dynamic as I'd be expecting.

And the region itself seems to be following Forza Horizon 4 in focusing on only the north of England and Scotland, which isn't exactly that bad.

Oh, wait. Just noticed the not-London up top. The region's basically a reverse UK, then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they've tried to incorporate a football into the evolved forms of World Cup mascot Scorbunny. And how will it manage to avoid the Fighting type?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the region might be more of a remix of the U.K. than anything.  For a start, the shape of the region looks more or less like the U.K. flipped upside-down, with the big-city London analogue at the far north; but it's beyond a pretty hefty set of mountains that could easily be characterised as like Scotland.  The obvious Big Ben analogue is in a northern industrial city, which is more south-central?  And is that a Hadrian's Wall analogue separating it from the rural south, with the Lake District and lots of rolling countryside and a quaint old village?  I really don't think the geography's going to be as strictly patterned onto the original region as it usually is.

FeSGXmR.jpg

What does worry me is that the region has the potential to be extremely linear; but the middle section does also branch off in all directions.

• Thumbs Up 3

Region looks pretty, starters are alright but these games are not what I thought they would look like. I'm slightly disappointed the fact that these are Sun & Moon x Let's Go hybrid.

Hm... Am curious what the 2nd typing for each of the 3 new starter Pokemon will be... I'm gonna guess fire/ground, water/ice and grass/rock.

Also not a huge fan of them bringing back unseen random encounters... The ONE thing they should had saved from Pokemon Lets Go! are the field roaming Pokemon.

Shofu and his friends (He's a Pro Smash player and lifelong Pokemon fan and has been sponsored by them in the past) predicted that it may be Fire/Electric, Grass/Ground and Water/Poison so that the second type could beat the first one.