Awoo.

Sonictrainer

47 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Magcargo is twice as hot as the sun but it's still weak to water, people wake up having turned into Kadabra  and Gardevoir casually create black holes.

But the event in question is literally described in the Pokédex. It says specifically it can survive a fall off a cliff, and in the episode, it falls off a cliff and survives. I feel like this is one of those times when the dex is being accurate lol.

If you're trying to poke holes in my criticism of this episode, I think you're missing just how non-serious I'm being.

14 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Not sure if it's called twilight wings because it involves a cab and his Corviknight each time...

I think that is it haha

I rather like how it's linked together, since as I understand the Corviknight Cabs are such a prominent part of Galar and getting around in SwSh, it's a cute way of connecting all these little character vignettes.

Seems the next one will focus on Nessa if the teaser at the end is anything to go by.

unknown.png

• Thumbs Up 3

max-raid-battle-169-en.jpg

From Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. PDT until Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at 4:59 p.m. PDT, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield players may encounter some Pokémon that may be hard to find in Max Raid Battles.

All players may encounter Dynamax Escavalier, Accelgor, and Pincurchin more frequently in Max Raid Battles.

Plus, Pokémon Sword players might encounter Dynamax Galarian Rapidash, Galarian Corsola, Mandibuzz, Oranguru, and female Indeedee.

While Pokémon Shield players might encounter Dynamax Galarian Darumaka, Braviary, Passimian, Sirfetch'd, and male Indeedee instead.

These Pokémon normally do not appear in these game versions, so it's a great opportunity to work toward completing your Galar Pokédex.

I'm focusing now on online battles and max raids, but I have an issue: I can't find red lights in the wild area, I used to find them, now I can't and plus, I'm having trouble connecting to other people's raids. Is it an internet connection issue maybe? Although online versus matches work just fine. I do have Switch Online btw.

Anyway, I'm really interested in this new event that lets you catch pokemon from the version you don't own.

Any other tips for catching rare Pokemon in the game?

9 hours ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

I'm focusing now on online battles and max raids, but I have an issue: I can't find red lights in the wild area, I used to find them, now I can't and plus, I'm having trouble connecting to other people's raids. Is it an internet connection issue maybe? Although online versus matches work just fine. I do have Switch Online btw.

Anyway, I'm really interested in this new event that lets you catch pokemon from the version you don't own.

Any other tips for catching rare Pokemon in the game?

The red lights should be present regardless of whether or not you're online. They're not an online feature by themselves. The dens reset either once every 24 hours (I think) or upon clearing all of the available dens. If you can't find any dens, I suggest you run around looking until you find one that you've yet to beat. And if you can't beat it, you'll just have to wait it out. 

And connection issues are just par for the course in this game, unfortunately. A lot of the time you'll be trying to join someone else's raid, only to be unable to connect after several minutes of waiting because their raid was already over/closed. The online infrastructure for the game is terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Online works rather okay now... thank God. I'm isolated at home, so at least I can play online.

Anyway, the wild area is actually... wild, perhaps the best part of the game for me as well, I don't even mind exploration in this game in general, it's just the routes that bother me, they are so small, linear and empty, not even cities and gyms are like that, there is a lot more personality there than in the routes. Let's see what the DLC brings...

Alright, so we have some news from both the Nintendo Direct Mini and a new trailer

English

Japan

Here's some new official art

Gigantamax Rillaboom

Spoiler

pokemon_grillaboom_2x.png

3_26_p02_02.jpg

Grass-type attacks used by Gigantamax Rillaboom will change to G-Max Drum Solo.

G-Max Drum Solo is an extremely powerful move where Rillaboom strikes up a beat with the sticks on its hands and elegantly controls tree roots with its spectacular drumming skill. It will then make these tree roots erupt from beneath the opponent, dealing massive damage!

This move is more powerful than other Max Moves and can also ignore any effects of the target’s Ability.

Gigantamax Cinderace

Spoiler

pokemon_gcinderace_2x.png

3_26_p03_03.jpg

Fire-type attacks used by Gigantamax Cinderace will change to G-Max Fireball.

G-Max Fireball is an extremely powerful move where Cinderace will use its strong legs to kick a gigantic fireball at the opponent, causing an explosion when the fireball hits! This move is more powerful than other Max Moves and can also ignore any effects of the target’s Ability.

Gigantamax Intelleon 

Spoiler

pokemon_ginteleon_2x.png

3_26_p04_03.jpg

Water-type attacks used by Gigantamax Inteleon will change to G-Max Hydrosnipe.

G-Max Hydrosnipe is a move with extremely high power. Inteleon will take aim from on top of its towering tail, gathering water at its fingertip before blasting it at the opponent. The water is launched with such force and speed that it causes a huge explosion when it hits and packs a greater punch than other Max Moves! This move also ignores any effects of the target’s Ability.

New Features

3_26_p05_01.jpg

Pokémon Trainers in the Galar region make League Cards to introduce themselves. Of course, they are also used on the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, the settings of the Expansion Pass.

As you progress in your adventure in The Isle of Armor (Part 1) and The Crown Tundra (Part 2), backgrounds, effects, and frames that were not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be added.

Other Information

• Kubfu will evolve based on the Tower you take during the story of the Isle of Armor. They are the Tower of Two Fists, split between Water and Darkness. Darkness has Kubfu evolve into Single Strike Style (Fighting/Dark Type) and Water into Rapid Strike Style (Fighting Water/Type)
  • We see a glimpse of the map of Isle of Armor
  • The Gigantamax Form for your starter is unlocked after completing the Isle of Armor

• 4 weeks later...

Reintroducing Nessa: beloved Galar region Gym Leader and model! She strives to be the best in both fields…but Chairman Rose advises her to focus on one path to have the most success. Will she sacrifice one dream in pursuit of the other?

9 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Hold up, when the video came out yesterday it was marked for kids but now it isn't I... what?

The anime constantly had 'mons not present in the regions they were depicting, i'm more baffled someone got vocal about that only now. Must be a Slowpoke.

28 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

The anime constantly had 'mons not present in the regions they were depicting, i'm more baffled someone got vocal about that only now. Must be a Slowpoke.

I’m gonna go out on a whim and say the only difference here is that Dewgong can’t be obtained in Sword and Shield through any means (as in, not even through transfer), unlike the previous gens.

Although that does beg the question of why nobody seems to care that the main anime is currently doing the same thing.

• 1 month later...

A new Japanese Trailer shows Galarian Slowbro for the first time & a release date for the DLC being June 17th.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

A new Japanese Trailer shows Galarian Slowbro for the first time & a release date for the DLC being June 17th.

English Trailer:

I like Galarian Slowbro a lot. Totally called that it would be psychic/poison type, although I think it was very much implied anyway. And it's nice to have the types of the Galarian Legendary Birds confirmed; they're another psychic/fighting/dark trio (all flying types). Pretty cool. I like that some legendaries are receiving regional forms. Although it's yet again more love for Gen 1... Half of the Galarian forms in the base game are from Kanto, whilst the other generations all get no more than 3 (Gen V) or absolutely nothing (Gens IV and VI).

As for the rest of it... eh? Sword and Shield were fun and much better than Gen VII, but still leagues behind previous Generations. Tiny map, no challenge, no side content, no exploration... they are as stripped down as Pokémon can get. The trailer shows a great deal of nothing. Flashy shots that could really be anywhere in SwSh. Nothing is telling me to expect something exciting here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They do seem to be struggling to come up with content which wasn't already in the original reveal trailer.  Today's update is almost entirely made up of expanded details for things we already know about; which, okay, very welcome, but there's not really anything fresh to grab us - and a lot of it only applies to the subsequent Crown Tundra in any case, not even the upcoming Isle of Armor!  Still, it beats that one extra trailer they stuck at the end of a Direct which I don't recall revealing even a single new detail whatsoever.

Alright, now that the English Site has updated, we have more information on the DLC.

illust_armor_2x.jpgillust_crown_2x.jpg

We also have some new artwork of the G-Max Galar Starters using their G-Max Moves.

Spoiler

EZg8WRSU8AcwQ7p?format=jpg&name=smallEZg8SuXUMAEWIVa?format=jpg&name=smallEZg8FCjU8AAaRWx?format=jpg&name=small

New Pokémon

Spoiler

pokemon_regieleki_2x.png

6_02_p16_02.jpg

• Regieleki
  • Category: Electron Pokémon
  • Type: Electric
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Weight: 319.7 lbs.
  • Ability: Transistor

This Pokémon absorbs electrons to live. Electrical energy makes up most of its body. Its Electric-type moves are said to pack the greatest power of any used by Electric-type Pokémon.

Researchers have determined that Regieleki’s body is fitted with what appears to be special insulating equipment that does not conduct electricity. Some theorize that in ancient times, people tormented by Regieleki fitted the equipment on the Pokémon to restrain its powers.

6_02_p17_02.jpg

Regieleki’s Signature Move: Thunder Cage!
In this Electric-type special move, the Pokémon fires furious bolts of electricity from its lower half, trapping opponents directly below it in a cage of lightning. Thunder Cage doesn’t only deal damage to opponents when it lands—it will also cause them to be trapped within an electrified cage, causing damage every turn for four to five turns and preventing them from fleeing or being swapped out.

pokemon_regidrago_2x.png6_02_p18_01.jpg

• Regidrago
  • Category: Dragon Orb Pokémon
  • Type: Dragon
  • Height: 6'11"
  • Weight: 440.9 lbs.
  • Ability: Dragon’s Maw

Regidrago’s body is composed of crystallized dragon energy. The energy is densest in its central core. Thanks to its body composition, Regidrago can use Dragon-type moves with greater power than other Pokémon.

Folklore tells that the Legendary Pokémon Regigigas tried to create a Pokémon from crystallized dragon energy but ran out of crystals and was only able to complete the head. People of old feared that if Regidrago were to be completed, it would rain destruction on their land, so they sealed it away within a temple.

6_02_p19_01.jpg

Regidrago’s Signature Move: Dragon Energy!
The Pokémon assumes a shape similar to a dragon’s head, then fires intense dragon energy from its mouth. The more HP the user has remaining, the higher the move’s power.

New Galarian Forms

Spoiler

pokemon_slowbro_2x.png

6_02_p04_01.jpg

• Galarian Slowbro
  • Category: Hermit Crab Pokémon
  • Type: Psychic/Poison
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 155.4 lbs.
  • Ability: Quick Draw

A Shellder bite set off a chemical reaction with the spices inside Galarian Slowpoke’s body, causing Galarian Slowbro to gain the Poison type.

The Shellder sometimes unconsciously bites down harder on Slowbro’s arm, causing an itch that drives Slowbro to start swinging its arm around indiscriminately and smashing its surroundings. This makes Galarian Slowbro a highly dangerous Pokémon.

Although this Pokémon is normally zoned out, facing off against strong opponents activates the stimulants in its body, sending them coursing through its nervous system and delivering a jolt.

When this happens, Slowbro’s expression sharpens. With a speed that puts even the quickest reflexes to shame, Slowbro readies its Shellder and makes poisonous liquid shoot from the Shellder’s tip.

6_02_p05_02.jpg

Galarian Slowbro’s Signature Move: Shell Side Arm!
Shell Side Arm is a Poison-type special move in which this Pokémon fires poisonous liquid from the tip of the Shellder attached to its arm. This move may poison the target. Moreover, it inflicts either physical or special damage depending on which will damage the target more.

pokemon_articuno_2x.png

garticuno_2x.png

6_02_p20_01.jpg

• Galarian Articuno
  • Category: Cruel Pokémon
  • Type: Psychic/Flying
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 112.2 lbs.
  • Ability: Competitive

Once every several decades, this migratory Pokémon appears in the Crown Tundra. For a long time, it was thought to be the same Legendary Pokémon as the Articuno previously discovered in other regions. Though cold and callous in personality, it moves in a highly refined manner. It keeps itself airborne through constant use of its psychic powers, almost never flapping its wings.

This Pokémon battles using intense psychic powers that act directly on the cells of living beings. The beams of psychic energy fired from its eyes have a particularly potent effect. The slightest touch of these beams leaves the victim totally immobilized, as if frozen. The Pokémon finishes off immobilized opponents using the condensed psychic power of its wings.

6_02_p21_02.jpg

Galarian Articuno’s Signature Move: Freezing Glare!
Freezing Glare is a Psychic-type special move in which the Pokémon attacks by firing psychic power from both eyes. This move may also leave the target frozen.

pokemon_zapados_2x.png

gzapados_2x.png

6_02_p22_02.jpg

• Galarian Zapdos
  • Category: Strong Legs Pokémon
  • Type: Fighting/Flying
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 128.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Defiant

Once every several decades, this migratory Pokémon appears in the Crown Tundra. For a long time, it was thought to be the same Legendary Pokémon as the Zapdos previously discovered in other regions. This belligerent, battle-hungry Pokémon seems unable to resist challenging Pokémon it senses may be stronger than itself.

In battle, this Pokémon overwhelms opponents with speedy movements and ferocious kicks using its naturally mighty legs. When it leaps down cliffs and rocky mountainsides in ultra-high-speed zigzag movements, it is said to resemble a bolt of lightning. However, its wings seem to have atrophied, and it appears to be a poor flier.

6_02_p23_01.jpg

Galarian Zapdos’s Signature Move: Thunderous Kick!
In this Fighting-type physical move, the Pokémon overwhelms the target with lightning-like movement before delivering a kick. This also lowers the target’s Defense stat.

pokemon_moltres_2x.png

gmoltres_2x.png

6_02_p24_01.jpg

• Galarian Moltres
  • Category: Malevolent Pokémon
  • Type: Dark/Flying
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 145.5 lbs.
  • Ability: Berserk

Once every several decades, this migratory Pokémon appears in the Crown Tundra. For a long time, it was thought to be the same Legendary Pokémon as the Moltres previously discovered in other regions. It has a haughty personality and conducts itself calmly, according to its own whims.

It exudes the energy churning within its body as an aura akin to a column of raging fire, leaving ordinary Pokémon unable to even approach it. It is especially skilled at attacking opponents’ minds by spreading its wings wide and unleashing a wicked aura. Opponents hit by such attacks are overcome with deep fatigue, as if all their energy has been burned away.

6_02_p25_01.jpg

Galarian Moltres’s Signature Move: Fiery Wrath!
In this Dark-type special move, the Pokémon transforms its wrath into a fire-like aura to attack. It may also make opposing Pokémon flinch.

New Gigantamax Forms

Spoiler

pokemon_gvenasaur_2x.png

gvenasaur_2x.png

6_02_p07_02.jpg

• Gigantamax Venusaur
  • Type: Grass/Poison
  • Height: 78'9"+
  • Weight: ????.? lbs.
  • Ability: Overgrow

The power of Gigantamaxing has made Venusaur’s flower bloom so large that it covers the Pokémon’s body. The flower’s petals are extremely thick and springy enough to repel halfhearted attacks.

During battle, the Pokémon uses these petals as a shield and swings its two thick vines around to attack its target.

The flower on the Pokémon’s back spews so much pollen that it resembles a volcanic eruption. Inhaling the pollen can cause uncontrollable sneezing, and breathing in too much of it can even cause fainting. However, the pollen also stimulates plant growth. Places where the pollen falls are said to grow thick with large plants.

6_02_p07_04.jpg

Grass-type attacks used by Gigantamax Venusaur will change to G-Max Vine Lash.

G-Max Vine Lash doesn’t just deal damage to an opponent when it hits—it will continue to deal damage for four turns to any Pokémon that isn’t Grass type!

pokemon_gblastoise_2x.png

6_02_p09_02.jpg

• Gigantamax Blastoise
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 82'+
  • Weight: ????.? lbs.
  • Ability: Torrent

Blastoise’s shell has grown to match its body, and it boasts new extra-large water cannons as well. Gigantamax Blastoise can adapt to different situations by using different combinations of its 31 variously sized cannons. In battle, it doesn’t bother to aim. Instead, it fires dynamic, powerful torrents from multiple cannons to overwhelm opponents.

The main cannon on the center of Blastoise's shell is staggeringly powerful. Legend says this cannon has blasted holes into mountains. Gigantamax Blastoise can also move the 12 large cannons surrounding its central cannon independently, letting it orient its attacks in any direction, whether toward the ground or the sky.

6_02_p09_03.jpg

Water-type attacks used by Gigantamax Blastoise will change to G-Max Cannonade.

G-Max Cannonade doesn’t just deal damage to an opponent when it hits—it will continue to deal damage for four turns to any Pokémon that isn’t Water type!

Urshifu's Signature Moves & Ability

Spoiler

6_02_p10_02.jpg

SINGLE STRIKE STYLE URSHIFU’S SIGNATURE MOVE: WICKED BLOW!
An Urshifu that has followed the path of darkness can unleash this single, severe blow. This move always results in a critical hit, allowing Urshifu to attack while ignoring the target’s stat changes.

6_02_p10_04.jpg

RAPID STRIKE STYLE URSHIFU’S SIGNATURE MOVE: SURGING STRIKES!
An Urshifu that has followed the path of water can unleash this flowing three-hit combo. This move always results in critical hits, allowing Urshifu to attack while ignoring the target’s stat changes.

6_02_p10_05.jpg

ABILITY: UNSEEN FIST
Unseen Fist is a new Ability introduced with this expansion and one that only Single Strike Style Urshifu and Rapid Strike Style Urshifu have.

This Ability lets the Pokémon deal damage when it attacks with moves that make direct contact, even if the target defends itself by using moves like Protect.

6_02_p11_01.jpg6_02_p11_02.jpg

Dark-type attacks used by Single Strike Style Gigantamax Urshifu will change to G-Max One Blow. Water-type attacks used by Rapid Strike Style Gigantamax Urshifu will change to G-Max Rapid Flow. G-Max One Blow and G-Max Rapid Flow can deal damage even if a target defends itself by using moves like Max Guard or Protect.

New Human Character

Spoiler

char_peony.png

Upon arriving in the Crown Tundra, you’ll encounter Peony, who has brought his daughter along on an adventure to find the truth behind tales of Legendary Pokémon in the area. Listening isn’t his strongest suit, and his bold behavior draws plenty of attention. But he has a kind side and plenty of affection for his daughter.

New Feature: Cram-o-matic

Spoiler

6_02_p12_01.jpg

The dojo on the Isle of Armor houses a unique take on recycling in the form of a device called the Cram-o-matic. If you feed it four items, it will combine them and give you a new item in exchange. You can receive any of a variety of items, including Poké Balls, PP Ups, and more. Some combinations might produce rare items!

...is Mustard playing Pokémon Quest?

Move Tutors & New Moves

Completely new tutor moves will also be available on the Isle of Armor. You can have your Pokémon learn these moves in exchange for Armorite Ore, a substance that you can find on the Isle of Armor through Max Raid Battles and other means.

Spoiler

6_02_p13_01.jpg6_02_p13_02.jpg

Burning Jealousy is a new Fire-type move that can be taught starting with this expansion. When it hits, it deals damage to all opposing Pokémon and burns all opposing Pokémon that have had their stats boosted during the turn.

6_02_p13_04.jpg

Grassy Glide is a new Grass-type move that can be taught starting with this expansion. This move has high priority when used on Grassy Terrain!

New Feature: Max Soup

Spoiler

6_02_p14_01.jpg

Max Soup is a special dish made from rare ingredients you can gather on the Isle of Armor. If a Pokémon with great hidden potential drinks Max Soup, it will become a special Pokémon capable of Gigantamaxing.

New Feature: Dynamax Adventure

Spoiler

6_02_p27_01.jpg

Team up with three other Trainers to go on a Dynamax Adventure! You’ll be able to venture into Pokémon Dens and maybe even run into Dynamax Pokémon! If you do encounter a Dynamax Pokémon during your exploration, you’ll need to work together with your teammates in a Max Raid Battle! You’ll get a chance to catch the Dynamax Pokémon for your team if you triumph in the battle, but you’ll be kicked out of the den should you lose!

New Feature: Galarian Star Tournament

Spoiler

6_02_p28_02.jpg

Once you progress far enough in your adventure in the Crown Tundra, you’ll be able to participate in the Galarian Star Tournament, held in the city of Wyndon! In this tournament, you’ll battle with various Trainers you met in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield—but not just as opponents! You’ll also pick a teammate and tackle the tournament together!

galarstartergift.jpg

A new gift has begun. This gift offers the Galar Starters with their Hidden Abilities: Grookey with Grassy Surge, Scorbunny with Libero and Sobble with Sniper, to all Pokémon HOME players. To get it, you need to deposit a Pokémon from Pokémon Sword & Shield into Pokémon HOME on the Switch and then check the Mystery Box in Pokémon HOME on mobile.

• Thumbs Up 3

Galarian Slowbro can be Made into a Megaman character with it's Shell Buster hand

The next episode of Twilight Wings is up, featuring Oleana

Rose may be the Chairman, but it’s Oleana who keeps things running in Galar.  

Peek into her world in the latest episode of Pokémon: Twilight Wings!

The next one features Allister

I need a gif of Mr. Rime tap-dancing..

Every time I watch an episode of this, I'm just annoyed that they used a typical American cast for the English language dub. Would have been really nice to hear some British VAs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if this should go here or not, but did anyone see the cute little Poketoon cartoon they released a few days ago? 

Wonder if Cupheads success  possibly inspired them to give this style a go. It’s always a great time seeing old timey animation like this acknowledged and used still 

• Thumbs Up 3