Awoo.

Sonictrainer

You know what's truly, stupefyingly astounding about this? It's only been two months. Game Freak knew they were doing this.

If they had fucking said, from the fucking start, "We have a great expansion planned that unfortunately will not be ready by launch that will have all this stuff and include most of the missing content, for free!;" most of the ire directed at them and the increasingly desperate sounding bullshit that they dumped out over the last three months before release to justify the design decision would have automatically been null. Not all, of course, and there's still a chance that this will be as half assed as the rest of their output (nevermind drawing even more ire to the yearly release schedule) but they absolutely would not have been under the same microscope as the fall wore on.

That's how awful they are at this. I think only Polyphony Digital are worse. Even as it is they managed to screw this up, because now it's spreading like that "now you have to pay $30 to get Pokémon cut from SwSh" instead of what the paid portion actually entails.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's weird to see Zapdos as an Ostrich and Articuno cosplaying as a Ghost type Oricorio. Also there seems to be new Regis.

Also, am I the only one that sees the new fighting type and can't stop seeing Heihachi?.

Btw...Gigantamax Inteleon looks...painful

59 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Oh, certainly. That's why I'm saying they need to take full advantage of it. There needs to be a decent number of places to explore in each area with things to be doing in them. The story needs to be a decent length and offer something substantial. The only thing the base Wild Area had that's new or different was... bike time trials. It definitely needed more to do within it and a reason to have existed in the story rather than being a glorified route.

Yeah. And considering what the base game offers in SwSh, particularly in how it just falls short with its lack of content and dated design philosophy, my expectations are low. @Tornado has summarised quite nicely why this is bullshit.

They probably wanted it to be a total surprise/completely underestimated just how vitriolic the response would be as they probably never had to deal with anything like it before. I wonder if they just took it know this would satisfied those who really came down on the game near/on release.

But honestly I'm generally of the opinion that DLC usually never turns opinions around with people who disliked the base game to begin with (yet many still buy the DLC hoping it does and then it doesn't). Really nice bells and whistles don't matter if no one finds the foundation appealing. This is definitely for people who like the game enough to be willing to pay, experience more and get more playtime out of it like myself. Still think this is easily a better business model than the third version method in the long run.

The mere concept of DLC pisses people off to begin with, so I doubt announcing it beforehand would have actually changed much.

We're seeing that right now with everyone accusing them of half-assing the game just to sell the rest of it later. We would have gotten those same complaints had they revealed this earlier, but at the very least it might've toned down the initial vitriol.

Btw, not sure I've seen this reported here but, apparently I read the 200 Pokemon added in the future come in the free updates, not the DLC. A surprise but a welcome one (if true).

3 minutes ago, Jack in Space said:

Btw, not sure I've seen this reported here but, apparently I read the 200 Pokemon added in the future come in the free updates, not the DLC. A surprise but a welcome one (if true).

From what I heard, The 200 Pokemon are technically a free update, however the only way to get them is either buying the expansion packs (the locations for the new Pokemon are only found in the new locations in the expansions), or transfer them over from a previous game.

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

From what I heard, The 200 Pokemon are technically a free update, however the only way to get them is either buying the expansion packs (the locations for the new Pokemon are only found in the new locations in the expansions), or transfer them over from a previous game.

Considering that's what people apart of that whole debacle wanted in the first place (to transfer their pokemon) I'm sure they're fine with that 

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

Considering that's what people apart of that whole debacle wanted in the first place (to transfer their pokemon) I'm sure they're fine with that 

I mean, I'm sure they are, I'm just saying it's "technically free" in that, yeah - the data will be there from the updates, but you either need the DLC, or a previous game to access them. 

Let's not forget what's really important about today's news, though: The inevitable Sinnoh remakes are getting another year in the oven!  Let's hope it shows...

1 hour ago, Ice Vec said:

It's weird to see Zapdos as an Ostrich and Articuno cosplaying as a Ghost type Oricorio. Also there seems to be new Regis.

I've been thinking about typings for the new Pokemon and forms.

I'm pretty sure the Galarian legendary birds will be Psychic, Fighting, and Dark.  Articuno is using obvious Psychic motifs, like hovering in place, having glowing eyes, throwing beams around etc., supported by its colour scheme; Zapdos is placing a lot of emphasis on the physical strength in its legs, and it's also coloured after the Fighting-type logo; and Moltres, whilst still fiery, is using a black and pink colour scheme in common with the Dark logo as well as being pretty plainly evil-looking.  Of course, these types also form a weakness chain, for added coherence.  One raises an eyebrow at the existence of Galarian variants of legendary Pokemon formerly assumed to be unique, of course; but one may as well question the idea of a unique Pokemon that's merely rare rather than the subject of creation myths.

The two new Regis are pretty easy; the Electric one speaks for itself, but it took me a minute to see that the other one is a Dragon-type, its two outsize limbs resembling the upper and lower mandible of a dragon.  Curious what the lore for them might be; curious about their names, too.  The original Regis are plainly named for their type, of course, but that fell apart with Regigigas, and I suspect would have fallen apart anyway as soon as they hit a type that wasn't monosyllabic.  For that reason, I'm expecting the names to be more along the lines of Regivolt and Regidrake - those two in particular might be too obvious, having been nabbed by two of the four Galarian fossils.

Galarian Slowpoke is curious.  It's lost its Water-type and is now pure-Psychic, and has yellow highlights from eating spicy berries, but it's hard to know where that's going.  We get a brief glimpse of Galarian Slowbro; it's chunky, has purple paws and a purple tail-tip - and no shell on its tail, which is intriguing; by contrast, what we see of Galarian Slowking has a dark mantle and a glimpse of a headdress with eyes actually more like the Slowbro shell's.  Are the two shells being swapped around?  Or are the evolution items for these two Pokemon going to be about clamping something else onto them entirely?  Very difficult to know what to expect from their typings, but I expect the two will be slightly more distinct from one another than their originals.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, I'm sure they are, I'm just saying it's "technically free" in that, yeah - the data will be there from the updates, but you either need the DLC, or a previous game to access them. 

You can also get them traded from people who did buy the DLC as an option too

logo-pokemon-ex.png

Ok, the official sites have updated with images

Images spoilered to save space

Spoiler

timeline_2x.jpg

We’re pleased to reveal the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, the first paid additional content for the core Pokémon series! This Expansion Pass contains two sets of additional content—The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra—that tie in to your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game. Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield take place in the Galar region, and with these releases, two brand-new areas will become available for you to visit! Explore The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra to meet new people and catch new Pokémon!

You’ll be able to jump right into your new adventures with the same save data you’ve been using to play Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield! You’ll also be able to begin exploring The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra at almost any point in the main game. Whether you’ve just started your adventure in the Galar region or you’re well along the path to becoming Champion, you’ll be able to enjoy the new content as soon as it’s released, so get ready for a new chapter in your story!

You’ll need to have reached the Wild Area in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield in order to begin your adventures in The Isle of Armor or The Crown Tundra. (This occurs after about two hours of gameplay, though individual gameplay time may vary.)

The Isle of Armor is scheduled to be released by the end of June 2020, and The Crown Tundra is scheduled for the fall of 2020. However, the Expansion Pass including both these areas will be available for prepurchase starting January 9, 2020. If you want to be ready to dive in as soon as the first wave of content is released, you can make your purchase now!

Spoiler

logo-pokemon-armor.png

PART 1
(Scheduled for release during June 2020)

• A NEW AREA, THE ISLE OF ARMOR
  • NEW POKÉMON
  • CLOTHING ITEMS
  • HANDY FEATURES, ITEMS, AND MORE
Spoiler

logo-pokemon-crown.png

PART 2
(Scheduled for release during the fall of 2020)

• A NEW AREA, THE CROWN TUNDRA
  • NEW POKÉMON
  • NEW CO-OP PLAY FEATURE
  • CLOTHING ITEMS AND MORE
Spoiler

01_09_p02_01.jpg

SPECIAL PURCHASE BONUS

• FIVE CLOTHING ITEMS: THE PIKACHU UNIFORM SET
  • FIVE CLOTHING ITEMS: THE EEVEE UNIFORM SET

You’ll be able to receive the special purchase bonus in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield by using codes that you will receive after you purchase the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass!

New Locations

Spoiler

map_armor_2x.jpg

In The Isle of Armor expansion, you’ll head to The Isle of Armor, the stage of your new adventure in the Galar region. The Isle of Armor is a giant island full of environments not seen in Galar before—you'll find wave-swept beaches, forests, bogs, caves, and sand dunes! There are also plenty of Pokémon that make this island their home, living freely amid the lush natural surroundings.,There’s even a dojo here that specializes in some very particular training styles! You and your Pokémon will take up an apprenticeship under the master of this dojo and train hard to become even stronger.

Spoiler

map_crown_2x.jpg

The Crown Tundra expansion is set in the snow-swept realm of The Crown Tundra. See for yourself the beautiful scenery of this shining, silvery landscape! In this frigid area, with its jagged winter mountains, people live in small communities where they support and rely on one another. A certain person will appoint you as the leader of their exploration team in The Crown Tundra. You’ll then be tasked with investigating the reaches of this frozen land. And remember the Pokémon Dens that you’ve only been able to glimpse during Max Raid Battles? Well, now you’ll be able to explore their full depths!

New Legendary Pokémon

Spoiler

pokemon_kubfu_2x.png

pokemon_kubfu_2_2x.png

• Kubfu
  • Category: Wushu Pokémon
  • Type: Fighting
  • Height: 2'
  • Weight: 26.5 lbs.
  • Ability: Inner Focus

In The Isle of Armor, Kubfu will make an appearance. This Pokémon isn’t normally found in the Galar region—rather, the Kubfu you meet comes from a faraway land! You'll train alongside Kubfu, honing your skills together!

This Pokémon is hardworking and strives to train both its body and mind. It uses each defeat as motivation, training itself with even more vigor after a loss in order to grow stronger. It has an organ that produces “fighting energy” in its lower abdomen, and before heading into battle, it will increase this energy through unique breathing techniques and intense focus.

Wild Kubfu live in mountainous areas far away from the Galar region today, but it was once a species that called Galar its home. It’s noted in historical texts that this species used to head to uncharted lands with people as they set out to trade or explore. Records suggest that the Kubfu living in faraway mountains today may have descended from Kubfu that became naturalized to the distant lands they visited in their journeys.

Spoiler

pokemon_urshifu_2x.png

• Urshifu (Single Strike Style)
  • Type: Fighting/Dark
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 231.5 lbs.
  • Ability: Unseen Fist

Urshifu in this form favor battling without holding anything back. When enraged, they will mercilessly attack an opponent until it is utterly crushed. A Single Strike Style Urshifu’s movements are often direct and involve rushing forward in a straight line. It will keep its distance from its opponents at first, only to leap in close in an instant to deliver a powerful blow.

Spoiler

pokemon_urshifu_2_2x.png

• Urshifu (Rapid Strike Style)
  • Type: Fighting/Water
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 231.5 lbs.

Urshifu in this form maintain a calm demeanor, observing their opponents and measuring their strength while dodging attacks. A Rapid Strike Style Urshifu will use flowing movements in battle to smoothly parry an opponent’s moves and then overwhelm the opponent with a flurry of rapid strikes.

Urshifu's forms aren't Version Exclusive

Note: Kubfu will evolve into either Single Strike Style Urshifu or Rapid Strike Style Urshifu. Which form it evolves into will change depending on choices made during your adventure. The forms are not tied to the game version you are playing.

Spoiler

pokemon_calyrex_2x.pngpokemon_calyrex_2_2x.png

• Calyrex
  • Category: King Pokémon
  • Type: Psychic/Grass
  • Height: 3'7"
  • Weight: 17 lbs.
  • Ability: Unnerve

This Pokémon ruled all of Galar in ancient times. Though it appears delicate and slight, its every move is filled with grace and dignity. It also has extremely high intelligence, and it’s said to see every past, present, and future event.

New Galarian Forms

Spoiler

pokemon_slowpoke_2x.png01_09_p13_02.jpg

• Galarian Slowpoke
  • Category: Dopey Pokémon
  • Type: Psychic
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Weight: 79.4 lbs.
  • Abilities: Gluttony/Own Tempo

The Slowpoke of the Galar region used to eat the seeds of a certain plant that grew in their habitat, as this was their favorite food. These seeds were in fact Galarica seeds, used to this day as an essential spice for cooking. The Slowpoke in Galar built up particles of this spice in their bodies over several generations, eventually gaining the unique appearance and behavior they are known for today.

Galarian Slowpoke spend their days wallowing on seashores and riverbanks without thinking about anything in particular. Once in a while they might get a very sharp look in their eyes, but they will soon revert back to their zoned-out expression. It’s thought that this behavior is caused by the accumulated Galarica particles stimulating Galarian Slowpoke’s brain, resulting in it thinking of something tremendous—only for the Galarian Slowpoke to immediately forget what it had just thought of.

Galarian Slowpoke can evolve into Galarian Slowbro if you use an item that can be found on The Isle of Armor. It can also evolve into Galarian Slowking if you use an item that can be found in The Crown Tundra.

New Gigantamax Forms

(Sadly, no Official Art yet)

Spoiler

pokemon_grillaboom_2x.png01_09_p10_03.jpg

• Gigantamax Rillaboom
  • Category: Drummer Pokémon
  • TYPE: Grass
  • HEIGHT91'10"+
  • WEIGHT???.? lbs.
  • Ability: Overgrow

Rillaboom’s tree-stump drum has grown rapidly—to the point that it now resembles a small forest on its own. Gigantamax Rillaboom has merged with this forest of drums and become even more powerful. It can control its sticks as if they were its own limbs, and it will demonstrate transcendental drumming techniques.

Gigantamax Rillaboom will focus completely on playing its drums, compelled by the power welling up inside it. The sound can reach across oceans and be heard by those living in other regions. It’s said that those who hear the beat will begin to dance uncontrollably, overwhelmed by a rhythm that surges up from inside them.

Spoiler

pokemon_gcinderace_2x.png01_09_p11_03.jpg

• Gigantamax Cinderace
  • Category: Striker Pokémon
  • Type: Fire
  • Height: 88'7"+
  • Weight: ????.? lbs.
  • Ability: Blaze

The burning ball at Cinderace’s feet has grown to massive proportions thanks to Gigantamax energy. If Gigantamax Cinderace kicks the ball using its well-honed techniques, its fighting spirit will possess the ball and cause the ball to pursue opponents as if it had a mind of its own.

Gigantamax Cinderace boasts incredible leg strength—in fact, its legs are said to rank among the strongest of all Pokémon! Even without its gigantic Pyro Ball, it can deliver powerful kicking moves that overwhelm other Dynamax Pokémon.

Spoiler

pokemon_ginteleon_2x.png01_09_p12_03.jpg

• Gigantamax Inteleon
  • Category: Secret Agent Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 131'3"+
  • Weight: ???.? lbs.
  • Ability: Torrent

Inteleon has gained an extremely long tail thanks to Gigantamaxing. The tail’s length is said to be over 130 feet. While Gigantamaxed, Inteleon will stretch its long tail out and hold it straight to form a pillar, and Inteleon will take up a battle position at the top. This Pokémon has an incredibly sharp mind and calculates the precise effects that gravity will have on the trajectory of its shots, enabling it to be an extremely effective sniper.

Inteleon has many hidden tools within its body, and these have also been enhanced due to its Gigantamaxing. The nictitating membranes on its eyes not only allow it to measure the distance to the target—they now let Inteleon detect temperature, air pressure, and even humidity! Inteleon is a skilled sniper as well—easily hitting a Berry that’s rolling around over nine miles away!

Spoiler

pokemon_gurshifu_2x.png

• Gigantamax Urshifu (Single Strike Style)
  • Type: Fighting/Dark
  • Height: 95'2"+

In this form, Urshifu looks ready to bellow in fury. People call it both "the very embodiment of rage" and "a divine emissary that banishes evil spirits with its fury."

• Gigantamax Urshifu (Rapid Strike Style)
  • Category: Wushu Pokémon
  • Type: Fighting/Water
  • Height: 85'4"+

In this form, Urshifu will quietly maintain its stance with a calm expression. When facing this Pokémon, it seems some will become greatly agitated, feeling as if the very depths of their soul have been exposed. Yet others report feeling a sense of relief, as if they’d been cleansed of evil spirits.

New Special Uniforms

Spoiler

char_armor_2.png

In The Isle of Armor, you’ll be ready to face any challenge thanks to your new training wear. It’s a special outfit that’s sure to get you ready in both body and mind for your upcoming training!

Spoiler

char_crown_2.png

Don this exploration gear in The Crown Tundra to prepare yourself for researching the many intriguing destinations the tundra holds. You might find a strange temple where you least expect it or a mysterious giant tree growing in a place it doesn’t seem to belong. Be prepared for unexpected discoveries!

Spoiler

features_clothing_2x.jpg

There will be over one hundred new clothing items added in The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra. Spice up your adventure by changing your look with your favorite items!

New Human Characters

Spoiler

char_mustard.png

Mustard will appear in The Isle of Armor and will be responsible for your training. He’s a legendary Trainer who held the seat of Champion for an astounding 18 years, back before Dynamaxing was incorporated into the battles of the Pokémon League. His record has yet to be beaten! In fact, Champion Leon himself trained under Mustard, and Mustard was the first one to recognize Leon’s latent talent!

There are two new rivals that can appear in The Isle of Armor. They’re skilled Trainers of Poison-type Pokémon and Psychic-type Pokémon, respectively, and they’re training hard so that they can someday set up a Gym and stadium for their own type! You’ll face a different rival depending on which game you’re playing.

Spoiler

char_klara.png

Klara specializes in Poison-type Pokémon and is training hard at Mustard’s dojo. She’ll do just about anything to appear adorable and cute, as popularity is what she admires most of all. She goes about her days with a smile on her face, but hiding behind it is a calculating nature that she puts to very good use.

Spoiler

char_avery.png

Avery is one of the Trainers who strive to become stronger at Mustard’s dojo, and he is a proficient user of Psychic-type Pokémon. He is gentlemanly and well-mannered but also very proud. And it seems that he’ll see you as a particularly formidable rival!

New Features

New Pokédexes
Many Pokémon not found in Galar’s Wild Area make their home on The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra, the areas that you’ll be able to newly explore. Your Galar Pokédex will be updated so that you can register even more Pokémon as you discover them! In The Isle of Armor, you’ll be aiming to complete The Isle of Armor Pokédex, while in The Crown Tundra, you’ll be working on The Crown Tundra Pokédex!

Max Raid Battles against new Pokémon
There are Pokémon Dens on The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra, just like in the Wild Area. Check out a Pokémon Den that has a pillar of red light coming out of it, and you’ll be able to participate in a Max Raid Battle! These are battles where you’ll team up with three other Trainers to take on a Dynamax Pokémon.

New Features added in thru The Isle of Armor

• Items that will help you on your adventure: You’ll find new items that will help you along your journey, like an Exp. Charm that’ll come in handy when leveling up your Pokémon!
  • New tutor moves: New moves that have never been available in past Pokémon series games will appear in this expansion!
  • Restricted Sparring: The Isle of Armor will also introduce a way to challenge yourself to some new battles! With Restricted Sparring, you’ll be limited in what types of Pokémon you can use and forced to battle under set conditions! Give it a try, and give some of your Pokémon that are normally overlooked a chance to shine!

New co-op play feature
In The Crown Tundra, you and your friends will be able to enter and explore Pokémon Dens found on The Crown Tundra in a new gameplay feature! Deep inside these dens, you’ll have a chance to encounter Legendary Pokémon from previous Pokémon series games, so work together with other Trainers to get as far as you can!

The Expansion Pass details are leaning me toward actually checking out Sword and Shield. It's nice to see third versions/repackagings of the same games being done away with in favor of DLC, and I think it's a smart move by Game Freak that hopefully extends the life of a Pokémon generation for a change. My one issue, as someone who was not impressed enough with the base game to buy it, is that I'm looking at a premium of $90 for just this game and its expansion. There's also the online subscription to account for, if I wanted to actually get a bit more out of the game with online play or trading. It's a bit pricy for me right now, but I guess SwSh are back on my radar, so I hope the DLC is as substantial an update as it appears to be teased. I'm really interested in the new regions and especially those new forms for the Kanto Legendary birds.

How much it's worth depends on how invested are you in the main game.

As someone who has played it, most of the (reasonable) complaints are valid, in that the region is incredibly streamlined and linear. So if you're more of a fan of the series for exploration, then that's not here. The plot is pretty half baked, which isn't new for a Pokemon game but can be jarring after what many consider one of the better narratives in the series.

But its still Pokemon at the end of the day, so if you enjoy playing Pokemon then you'll more than likely enjoy playing the base game.

• Thumbs Up 1

So there's more things:

Galarian Arciuno, Zapdos and Moltres

EN2MUERX0Ac7BYU?format=jpg&name=medium

EN2MUEvXUAAOBLM?format=jpg&name=medium

EN2MUESWkAELUqQ?format=jpg&name=medium

New Regi Pokemon:

EN2MArMWsAAVLi-?format=jpg&name=medium

Venusaur and Blastoise (not pictured) are getting Gigantamax forms:

EN2L0oAX0AA_zFm?format=jpg&name=medium

23 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

First episode in a new web series:

Get ready, Pokémon fans! It's time to explore the Galar region in a vibrant new way. The first episode of Pokémon: Twilight Wings, a seven-episode limited animated series, is now available to watch on Pokémon TV and the official Pokémon YouTube channel.

Pokémon: Twilight Wings, which is separate from Pokémon the Series, is set in the Galar region, where Pokémon battles have developed into a cultural sensation. Over the span of seven episodes, Pokémon: Twilight Wings will show in detail the dreams of Galar's residents, the realities they face, the challenges they must overcome, and the conflicts they must resolve. In addition to these new stories, you can expect to see a variety of Pokémon originally discovered in the Galar region appearing throughout the capsule series.

New episodes of Pokémon: Twilight Wings will be released monthly, so check back to find out when the next episode will premiere. Remember, you can catch the first episode of Pokémon: Twilight Wings now on Pokémon TV—here on Pokemon.com or with the Pokémon TV mobile app—or on the official Pokémon YouTube channel.

I almost forgot about this

45 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I like how they didn't bother to give anyone a British accent 🤣

It's just one of those small touches that would have been nice to see. Although I'd rather generic North American anime dub voices than any number of fake British accents.

Beat Pokemon Shield. And honestly? As a person who was apprehensive before the DLC, this is legit one of the best Pokemon games I have ever played.

The region, the cast, the story had so much character to them that I never felt in a long, long time in anything Pokemon related (aside from Detective Pikachu). Everything felt so refreshing and never once did things feel tedious to me.

It didn't cease to put a smile on this trainer's face.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have some information and images of Home:

Pokémon HOME is a cloud service for Nintendo Switch and compatible mobile devices designed as a place where all Pokémon can gather. By linking the same Nintendo Account to both the Nintendo Switch version and mobile version of Pokémon HOME, you’ll be able to access the same Pokémon Boxes on both versions!

With Pokémon HOME, you can move Pokémon between compatible games, trade Pokémon on the go, and more!

pokemon_home_transfer_infographic.png

The Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME supports connectivity with the Nintendo Switch games Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!, and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!

Both the Nintendo Switch version and mobile device version of Pokémon HOME support connectivity with the Nintendo 3DS software Pokémon Bank.

There are plans to support Pokémon GO in the future as well.

Sword/Shield

• Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield can link to the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME. Once the games are linked, you can deposit or retrieve Pokémon that can be obtained using those games.

Let's Go

• Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! can link to the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME. You can move Pokémon back and forth between Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! or into Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
  • Once a Pokémon from Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! is moved to Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield, it cannot be returned to its original game!

Bank

• If you are enrolled in a Premium Plan (paid), you’ll be able to move Pokémon from Nintendo 3DS Pokémon titles to Pokémon HOME using Pokémon Bank.
  • Once a Pokémon from Pokémon Bank is moved into Pokémon HOME, it cannot be moved back to Pokémon Bank.
  • To commemorate the release of Pokémon HOME, we will make Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter available at no cost for a one-month period after Pokémon HOME is released. You’ll be able to bring Pokémon from various Pokémon series games using Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter. Once you've got your Pokémon in Pokémon Bank, you'll then be able to move them to Pokémon HOME!

5.jpg

Pokémon placed in the Wonder Box can be traded with people around the world before you even know it! The Pokémon placed in the Wonder Box will be traded even when you’re not using Pokémon HOME.

You’ll be able to increase the number of Pokémon you can trade at once by enrolling in a Premium Plan (paid).

6.jpg7.jpg

8.jpg

With the GTS, you’ll be able to specify which Pokémon you want to trade and which Pokémon you want to receive and then be matched with a Trainer whose requests meet your criteria. You’ll even be able to request Pokémon that you haven’t yet registered in Pokémon HOME’s National Pokédex!

You’ll be able to increase the number of Pokémon you can trade at once by enrolling in a Premium Plan (paid).

9.jpg11.jpg

Room Trade lets you create a room and trade Pokémon among the people who join. Each room can hold up to 20 people. To add a little suspense, you won’t know what Pokémon you’ll receive until the trade is complete.

Trading in rooms has no cost, but you’ll only be able to create rooms when enrolled in a Premium Plan (paid).

12.jpg14.jpg

Friend Trade allows you to trade your Pokémon with other users who you’ve become friends with in Pokémon HOME. You can add friends using the Add Friend feature in Pokémon HOME.

The features related to adding and managing friends in Pokémon HOME cannot be used by users under the age of 16.

p06_03.jpgp06_04.jpgp06_05.jpg

Pokémon will be registered to the National Pokédex when you deposit them in the Boxes in Pokémon HOME. If you move a Pokémon that can Mega Evolve or Gigantamax, then these forms will be registered, too! In the National Pokédex, you’ll be able to see Pokédex entries from various different games in one place.

With the mobile app version of Pokémon HOME, you’ll be able to see much more than just Pokédex entries. You’ll also be able to check each Pokémon’s Abilities as well as the moves it can learn!

p07_01.jpgp07_03.jpg

You can receive Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME! With this feature, you can receive Mystery Gifts for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield as well as gifts specifically for Pokémon HOME. Pokémon received in Pokémon HOME can be directly deposited in a Box in Pokémon HOME.

Notes: You must be at least 16 years old to use the Local Event Check option for Mystery Gifts.

Depending on your device and OS version, some features may not be supported.

You can also get some gifts, such as items for Pokémon, by receiving a code for a Mystery Gift in Pokémon HOME and then using that code in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield.

p08_04.jpg

If you’ve enrolled in a Premium Plan, you’ll have access to the Judge function, which allows you to check how strong your Pokémon are.

p08_05.jpgp08_07.jpg

In your room, you’ll be able to see all sorts of information about events or the games you’ve connected to Pokémon HOME. You’ll also be able to edit your profile using stickers. You can obtain stickers when you meet certain conditions or perform certain tasks in Pokémon HOME known as Challenges.

p09_01.jpg

Pokémon HOME Points are points that accumulate in Pokémon HOME as you deposit more Pokémon. When using the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you’ll be able to exchange your Pokémon HOME points for BP (Battle Points) to be used in core Pokémon series games.

Here are the Prices for the Premium Plans:

• Time = Nintendo eShop Price (excluding tax)
  • 1 month (30 days) = $2.99
  • 3 months (90 days) = $4.99
  • 12 months (365 days) = $15.99
  • As suggested, it's confirmed that if you have the Premium Plan on Nintendo Switch, you have it on mobile and vice-versa if the apps are connected to the same Nintendo Account.
  • You do not need Nintendo Switch Online to access HOME features on the Nintendo Switch version

You should only want a Premium Plan if you want to transfer your mons from Bank into Home.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/pokemon_sword_and_shield_sold_a_phenomenal_16_million_copies_in_under_two_months

SwSh sold over 16 million copies between its launch on November 15th and the 31st of December. For context, here are the lifetime sales of other Pokémon games:

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: 17.67 million

Pokémon X and Y: 16.44 million

Pokémon Sun and Moon: 16.18 million pcs

Pokémon Sword and Shield: 16.06 million* (after one and a half months on sale)

Pokémon Black and White: 15.64 million

And for further comparison, Breath of the Wild is the best selling game in the Zelda franchise with around 16 million units sold since launch in March of 2017 (Twilight Princess is in second place with under 10 million units). BotW took many years of development, delays and lots would say it's one of the greatest games of all time. Meanwhile Pokémon has found itself steeped in controversy for lying about new assets, cutting staple features before selling them back to the player at a premium and basically being the exact same game again. A copy of BotW retails for £60, and a copy of Sword or Shield retails for £50.

This is why I just can't accept any more shortcomings from Pokémon. There's absolutely no way that game as cheaply made, as lazy and as archaic as SwSh should be coming from franchise producing these kinds of sales. I just can't support it. I tried so hard to be optimistic about SwSh, and honestly I do enjoy the games. But every time I boot them up, I'm rubbed up the wrong way by how much they're lacking. Game Freak are even trying to get us to shell out an additional £27 for DLC per game, and an entire subscription for Home. I can't abide it.

The cynical part of me thinks that's exactly why they don't need to try. If they can sell this much despite all of the controversy, then that says more about the consumers than then them. All it does is kind of enable them to continue doing it.

So at this point, and I hate to say it, but it's pretty much a take it or leave it scenario.

25 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

The cynical part of me thinks that's exactly why they don't need to try. If they can sell this much despite all of the controversy, then that says more about the consumers than then them. All it does is kind of enable them to continue doing it.

So at this point, and I hate to say it, but it's pretty much a take it or leave it scenario.

I'm in full agreement. Nothing will make Pokémon change for the better. These numbers speak for themselves. And when "taking it"is so infuriating, "leaving it" is the only choice left. I'm not giving up to make a protest and I'm not that encouraging that others do so either; it would be an impossible, futile task. I'm just saying "I can't be doing with this shit anymore".

• Thumbs Up 1