Awoo.

Sonictrainer

9 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

If it really were King/Queen, it could be a good chance to add mega evolutions for the nidos

A good chance if GameFreak will take it; we imagined Sun/Moon might give Mega Evolutions to Solrock and Lunatone, too.  GameFreak doesn't seem to have quite decided what it wants to do with Mega Evolution; it's not being expanded, it's not being swept under the carpet either.

Mega Evolution was a battle gimmick for Gen 6 games. Gen 7 was Z-Moves. It's unlikely you'll see either of them get expansions beyond their debut gens.

13 hours ago, Red said:

Mega Evolution was a battle gimmick for Gen 6 games. Gen 7 was Z-Moves. It's unlikely you'll see either of them get expansions beyond their debut gens.

Well, you’re right. But I still think it’s a cool concept regardless, and it’d honestly be a miracle to me if they me made Mega Evolution even slightly more relevant than Gen VII if at all.

In retrospect, I actually think that Mega Evolution seems tailor-made for remakes, as a way of renewing that region's Pokemon and legends in a way which adds to without replacing the originals; consider also, for instance, the way in which Platinum and B2W2 gave their title legendaries powerful new forms...  In this light, the integration of Mega Evolution into ORAS honestly seems more natural than it does for XY.  (Though XY in general really needed a Z version, far more than Sun/Moon needed the Ultra versions, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles, I suppose.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Say, just a thought; what Pokémon could be suitable to be based off the UK? And more specifically, what legendaries could be based off of royalty?

So far as legends go, there are the red and white dragons, though at the risk of being politically-charged; then again, when something is closer to home, it's easier to see anything as politically-charged.  The country's also had its fair share of giants; unicorns and gryphons have been invoked in heraldry, along with regular lions; there's a wyvern...  The U.K. seems to be pretty big on dragons, and we know how GameFreak likes their legendary dragons.  Elves and fey, perhaps; garden gnomes.  Throw in a butler counterpart to Gothitelle, a haunted suit of armour to complement Honedge.  Squirrels.

Nessie. That is all. If the UK is the next region base, the highlands of Scotland have to be there as late game and league.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, DarkRula said:

Nessie. That is all. If the UK is the next region base, the highlands of Scotland have to be there as late game and league.

Is that what Lapras is based on?

5 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Say, just a thought; what Pokémon could be suitable to be based off the UK? And more specifically, what legendaries could be based off of royalty?

Revenants? Barghest?

Also, if they made Passimian in Alola, why not make football and rugby inspired Pokémon. Or even tennis

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Is that what Lapras is based on?

Well, Lapras is based on a plesiosaur, which is what folklore suggest Nessie to be.

No reason why we can't have two water-based dinosaurs, though. Especially if one of them is a legendary. Maybe other folklore from the UK can create the other legendaries of the region.

2 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Also, if they made Passimian in Alola, why not make football and rugby inspired Pokémon. Or even tennis

The Monarchian Form of Honedge: A cricket bat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

Ooh time to let a little hype well up inside! Although at a mere 7 minutes, I wonder if we'll see all that much. It's more than enough time to showcase titles, box legendaries and starters, but who knows how much guff will be interspersed between the good stuff.

Also, since this is a Sonic forum, an amusing fake cropped up today:

Spoiler

d1Fc37U.jpg

"Pokémon Chaos" and "Pokémon Control" =P. Gotta love the little Sonic and Shadow references in the designs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

D0TSZFtVYAARcxl.jpg

Good News: YES! GET HYPE!

Bad News: ...how am I going to watch this at 9 AM while I'm at work...

Well, at least we know it will reveal a lot more than the Sun/Moon Pokemon Direct since it'll be 7 minutes. At least, I hope so...

How much do we want to bet the 3 Poke Balls here are the starters?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Absolutely 1

Hopefully they actually show something. Like, let it be nothing like the Sun and Moon reveal. I want an XY level reveal.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I just want a jerk rival and no more of this lets hold hands together rivals

The friend group in X&Y was lame, but I liked Hau. Barry and Wally weren't bad either.

I actually cribbed Hao's style of yellow shorts and black shirt in S&M lol

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

On 2/24/2019 at 1:31 PM, FFWF said:

The U.K. seems to be pretty big on dragons,

Heck,  even you've got a dragon for an avatar. 

13 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The friend group in X&Y was lame, but I liked Hau. Barry and Wally weren't bad either.

I actually cribbed Hao's style of yellow shorts and black shirt in S&M lol

Wally was my favorite rival, followed by Gladion and Silver (Wally's too innocent for this world lol.  I just loved his underdog story).

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, it's finally happening!  I'd gotten so glued to the news of leaks and hoaxes and speculation that seeing the real thing was somehow a genuine surprise.

Those three Pokeballs are pretty much a guarantee we're getting the starters, which is a good note to lead on; titles are a given, and I gather that the Pokemon social media have been running through the regions so I hope we'll be given some basic information on the Gen 8 region as well, at least enough to figure out where we're really going.  What I really need to get a good look at is the graphical style and presentation, though; LGPE's presentation was a deal-breaker for me and I'm hoping hard for something that builds on Sun/Moon instead.

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Fitzroy said:

Heck,  even you've got a dragon for an avatar. 

Haha, true!  If, ironically, from a Japanese escape game...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

On 2/26/2019 at 10:46 AM, Marcello said:

friend group in X&Y was lame, but I liked Hau.

See,  Hau worked because he still had the gumption expected of a rival and he was actually useful to the main plot as well. 

• Thumbs Up 4

The fact I may have called one of the main gimmicks of the next game last May is interesting (Still hoping it's true).:

Spoiler
On 5/23/2018 at 12:23 PM, tailsBOOM! said:

So first off, it will probably have a new region.  With that in mind, would it not be cool to have the ability to travel to the regions of the past like Kanto, Alola, Hoenn, Sinnoh, ... heck even a full hub of Ultra Space.  It would also be cool to have postgame content in a episodic form similar to Episode Rainbow Rocket.  A Pokemon Champions League (Pitting you against classic characters from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Alola could be awesome!  The return of classic features like the Ultra Wormhole, PokeSnap, the Rotom Dex, the Underground, Battle Royales, Mantine Surfing, Pokemon Refresh, Photo Clubs, etc. along with new features.  Easier evolutions to get Gengar,  Alakazam, etc. would also be helpful.  Riding different Pokemon than in US/UM would be beneficial, while both Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are welcome to return in my opinion.  Being able to travel to a Bizarro-esque world of Pokemon would seriously be legit, too.

Also, someone tell the ghost of Marowak to stop viewing this topic (Sorry, had to make the joke)

I just want someone I'm trying to beat. Not that let's go mess. Oh I want to explore lavender tower alone. Nope rival wants to explore together and tells me I'm great all the time. Get away from me child, god

Gen 7 is going to be over? Thank fucking GOD.

I don't care if the next rival is a jerk or friendly as long as they aren't completely lame, pointless and weak like Hau was. Not to mention annoying. I absolutely hated him in SM and even more in the Ultra games. Such a waste of space.

I'm just glad that we'll be away from Alola in general, though. I'm sick of that region now and don't wanna hear the word "Alola" spoken by a character again for a LONG time.