Awoo.

Sonictrainer

6Qldc0p.png

Everyeye.it is also confirming the presence of a larger amount of new Pokémon at the beginning, with far less previous ones available before later. They also mention that the Pokedex includes a mini-map that shows which Pokémon are in your route.

EDIT: The same website also claims the resolution to be dynamic 1080p, rather than fixed at 720p.

36 minutes ago, Pawn said:

EDIT: The same website also claims the resolution to be dynamic 1080p, rather than fixed at 720p.

Eh, I could see that happening. But the fact that it's not 60fps is the biggest shot for me personally. And if it's only dynamic 1080p when docked, it could a case of dynamic 720p in handheld. The game is going to be technically lacking no matter how you cut it.

1qu21xtxq4t31.png

Judging by the previews, it seems you get a Lotad & Rolycoly pretty early.

At 1:45, you can see the animation for choosing Sobble.

j3whh0cz26t31.jpg

This image is comparing the same train station from footage 2 months apart. It's weird how barren the initial trailers were looking back, but improved lighting, NPCs and environmental details have slowly been introduced over the course of the year.

EDIT: Since the game is UK-themed anyway, I'll just drop some photos of the London pop-up Pokémon Centre here:

• Thumbs Up 1

They've definitely made it look better in the sense that it's much more polished now, but it still really looks like an 3DS game that's been buffed up. You just know that those NPCs in actual gameplay will stand there on the spot, lifeless or with very dull animations (possibly lifted from SuMo), only to slowly rotate to face you when you talk to them. Like, the games look okay. They work. It's just boring and seems cheap.

There has been footage showing an NPC or two react as you walk by (see one above around 4:50), so they feel a little more alive at least. I wish the games were a bigger step forward myself, but my expectations for the series have long been adjusted enough, since say Gen 4, that I'm able to enjoy them for the incremental progress they do make. Maybe that will change when they're fully adjusted to home console development and expectations rise.

3 hours ago, Pawn said:EDIT: Since the game is UK-themed anyway, I'll just drop some photos of the London pop-up Pokémon Centre here:

What’s the pricing like for the exclusive items? I’d like to know whether or not the overpriced poster I just got on eBay was indeed that price at retail...

3 minutes ago, Petrifying Panda said:

What’s the pricing like for the exclusive items? I’d like to know whether or not the overpriced poster I just got on eBay was indeed that price at retail...

Those aren't my photos, but I've noticed it's £6.50 for the fancy pins in a video. Otherwise I'm not sure.

First off, some cute animations for the Galar Starters

tumblr_pzjjlsi1ze1v68t0mo1_540.gifvtumblr_pzjjlsi1ze1v68t0mo2_540.gifvtumblr_pzjjlsi1ze1v68t0mo3_540.gifv

Second an image that may or may not reveal future Gigantmax Forms in the game

Spoiler

cketligzm5t31.png

like Machamp & Gengar

https://dotesports.com/pokemon/news/pokemon-sword-and-shield-will-be-the-first-games-without-an-elite-four

3rd, I noticed no one mentioned there are no Elite 4 in the Galar Region. Instead it will be like Ash's league challenges in the anime

Last gen, Pokémon replaced Gym Battles with Island Trials, but in Pokémon Sword and Shield, the long-standing tradition of ending the game with a gauntlet of four powerful Trainers will also come to an end.

When players finally get to travel the Galar region, they will not face an Elite Four at the end of the game, instead, an Anime-like tournament called The Champion Cup will await them. This event will play out much like the playoffs of a sporting event, with a bracket of Trainers who have completed the Gym Challenge competing for a chance to battle the Galar Champion, Leon.

4, tomorrow is the anniversary of Serebii.net

Finally, here's some official art with Galar Starters included

m4t7j5cvybt31.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

gdv0ekd4ybt31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Thumbs Up 3

Since I keep forgetting them, I compiled the current known exclusives for each version:

nvDvWA8.jpg

The lighter background indicates the counterparts not officially announced, but that seem likely since they appear on the back of either the Sword or Shield digital download cards.

• Thumbs Up 4

While I'm not as excited about the game itself, Sobble's totally won me over in recent months. I just think his character is adorable and the one I'm most interested in seeing how it evolves.

Maybe it's all the fan art. Or maybe Pawn's been brainwashing me this whole time, idk

• Promotion 1

It’s funny how the most popular starter of each generation is usually the one I don’t really see the appeal of.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Petrifying Panda said:

It’s funny how the most popular starter of each generation is usually the one I don’t really see the appeal of.

Why do you not "see" the appeal and "see" that it just exists?

It's one of those things, a mystery.

But I'm confused, Sobble and Scoro seem tied, so which one are you referring to?

40 minutes ago, Pumpkin Spice Ultima said:

Thought we would see the evolutions of the starters at this point.

And it's really nice that we haven't. I'm certain that they'll be shown off before release, but imo the surprise of evolutions is always one of the most fun parts of Pokémon. I've only ever been disappointed by starter evolutions in SuMo. I was originally planning to get Popplio, and then a friend spoiled Primarina on purpose because he knew I wouldn't like it. And I'm actually glad he did, because he was right and I ended up choosing Litten instead. Incineroar still disappointed me, but it wasn't Primarina-bad by a long shot. The starter lines are always some of the best designs in the entire games, and seeing the spoiled would be really disappointing. SuMo being the lone exception where I don't really love any of the final forms.

Seeing Oshawott evolve in the cool but predictable Dewott and finally the awesomely left-field Samurott was great. The same was was also true for Froakie. I look forward to seeing how Sobble ends up here but I can't really decide if I want to use it or Grookey...

3 hours ago, StaticMania said:

But I'm confused, Sobble and Scoro seem tied, so which one are you referring to?

My post was kinda directed at Zaysho so, Sobble. That seems to be the most popular choice from what I’ve seen, but I find the other two much more appealing.

...so far. The evolutions could totally turn the tide.

4 hours ago, Petrifying Panda said:

My post was kinda directed at Zaysho so, Sobble. That seems to be the most popular choice from what I’ve seen, but I find the other two much more appealing.

...so far. The evolutions could totally turn the tide.

haha I actually think they're all cute even though I don't quite care for gen 8's starter lineup as strongly as I did previous gens'. I joked a bit, but I think Pawn did sell me on it because it seemed to be the one we couldn't quite guess how it will evolve. Some leaks hint at it

Spoiler

taking on a spy motif, giving it some Greninja vibes to me, but I also like the idea it could grow into a stone gargoyle, which might help contrast it with the other two which seem likely to become more anthropomorphic later on.

I'm also one of those people who had a soft spot for Oshawott when nobody seemed to like it, and while the gen 5 line probably isn't the best, I ended up taking a liking to Samurott (albeit more how the anime portrayed its fighting style since the games don't give you much).

Edited by Zaysho

@Zaysho Fuuuuuuuck spoiler tag any leaks. It's already been proven time and time again that some leaks for this game are real.

10 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

@Zaysho Fuuuuuuuck spoiler tag any leaks. It's already been proven time and time again that some leaks for this game are real.

Whoops, sorry about that. Wasn't really thinking about it when I posted but it's been corrected.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Whoops, sorry about that. Wasn't really thinking about it when I posted but it's been corrected.

Thanks. But pardon my salt while I lament the fact that I made it this long managing to avoid spoilers and now have a pretty good idea of what to expect with less than one month left...

1020161-n-oc44DBWI-sIHca.jpg

Yeah I talk about these leaks all the time off-site because I'm not playing the game that I completely forgot about it. ...hopefully that leak was wrong tho...?

-remembers when Gigantamax and Sirfetch'd sounded completely outlandish-

... I'll, uh, just stay out of this topic until something official happens.

53 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Yeah I talk about these leaks all the time off-site because I'm not playing the game that I completely forgot about it. ...hopefully that leak was wrong tho...?

-remembers when Gigantamax and Sirfetch'd sounded completely outlandish-

... I'll, uh, just stay out of this topic until something official happens.

It's cool, bro. I don't hold grudges for that long.

10 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

And it's really nice that we haven't. I'm certain that they'll be shown off before release, but imo the surprise of evolutions is always one of the most fun parts of Pokémon. I've only ever been disappointed by starter evolutions in SuMo.

Yeah seems like a good move of them not to reveal the evolutions of the starters before release. On the other-hand it seems to be a big deciding factor for a lot of people, even some of my friends won't pick a starter until they find out what they turn into. Can't say it matters much to me much personally as I tend to throw away most of my starter Pokemon into the box pretty quickly.

I actually loved all 3 sun & moon starters, outta the 3... Primarina was the fave among me & some of my friends. However I think they maybe should had made it a female only species, doesn't really matter tho. The only gen I hated all 3 starters visually was the gen 4 starters.