Awoo.

Sonictrainer

I don't mind that it looks so feminine. If they were going for a mermaid, that seems like an inevitability. I just find it really strange looking, in a bad way. The frills, the end of its tail, the eyes, the spikes, the crown... Nah. It just doesn't work. I also thought they were going to go in a different direction than they ultimately did.

Incineroar is also bleh. They did another fire-fighting starter. Oh you're telling me that it's dark type, and not fighting type? Don't care. It looks the part and it's a wrestler. That's enough for me. And why it went "cat > cat > man in a fursuit" over the course of its evolutions is beyond me. Decidueye isn't my favourite final starter evolution by a long shot, but I don't dislike it either. It's got a really cool theme and typing. 

So yeah apart from the Primarina, Incineroar and Delphox, the starters have always been likeable to me in their final forms. I'm a bit concerned about how Scorbunny may go though.

I was mostly fine with the Gen 8 final forms, but they are pretty jarring given what they start off as.

Incineroar looked the weirdest to me, but I do like it as a shout out to Tiger Mask. But yes, it's a very drastic shift from Torracat and I can understand why people don't like it.

Poppolio at least follows the performer theme of its line, but going from circus performer to opera singer is kinda "wut"

I generally like all the final VII evolutions. Godcineroar took awhile to get used to but his role in Smash and the anime warmed me up to him a lot 

• Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, Pawn said:

Nothing new, but CoroCoro Ichiban released a spread showing everything revealed so far:

Reveal hidden contents

EHkFfM5WoAEIcbc?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

I like how the legendaries are just filled with question marks everywhere but the name and design.

But it does make sense since TPC doesn't spoil anything regarding those two just yet.

Assuming that every Pokémon seen there is in the Galar Dex, I definitely do not care about "Dexit". It's disappointing for sure; I understand why people are so rightly bent up about it, and I think that it's because Game Freak have prioritised the wrong parts is Pokémon for many years. It won't impact my enjoyment however because there's so much available. And maybe, just maybe, limiting the amount of Pokémon available is going to help to rebalance the competitive scene. But if I'm honest, I don't think that Game Freak will have used this opportunity in any meaningful manner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only problem I ever had with it was the reasons that were given, which I don't think we have seen any evidence of yet. But there's definitely going to be a large number of 'mon to be using, and the adventure we'll take them on will still be as fun as previous games. Possibly even better with the inclusion of the Wild Area.

And yeah, this could be the greatest shakeup the competitive scene has ever seen, but until it's seen in action, I don't think others will agree.

The Japanese YouTube channel has uploaded a recap of all the reveals:

It's mostly footage we've seen. An interview with Famitsu has confirmed they've been holding a lot more back this time, so hopefully that assuages some concern over the amount of new Pokémon we're getting.

Pre-loading is now available in Europe. The file size is 9.5GB. Interestingly, there are two versions of each Sword and Shield on the eShop; the regular digital editions and an edition that give you a code to redeem on the official Nintendo Store for the steelbooks that come with physical pre-orders. It's quite nice that you can get the physical bonus with a digital game, but it's rather pointless to get the case with no game to go in it. And if you want the double pack that comes with an entirely different gold steel book, you have to get the physical copies anyway.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/early_digital_pokemon_sword_and_shield_pre-orders_also_include_a_steelbook_for_some_reason

• Thumbs Up 2

Have we known that certain wild 'mon will be visible on the regular routes before these videos? Because I saw Wooloo in the grass on Route 1 and another 'mon on an unnamed route, and I never expected that to be a thing.

37 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Have we known that certain wild 'mon will be visible on the regular routes before these videos? Because I saw Wooloo in the grass on Route 1 and another 'mon on an unnamed route, and I never expected that to be a thing.

Yeah, there have been glimpses of roaming Pokémon in other routes.

New art:

EIQyqrHWoAEb2jZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Thumbs Up 5

It might grow on me over time. Can't say I really love it at the moment, but the Hoenn Horn at 0:53 made me laugh ngl.

As a warning to anyone avoiding spoilers: the first stage evolutions of Grookey and Sobble might have leaked. If they are indeed real, then it's only a matter of time until YouTube thumbnails and the like start using them and other unrevealed Pokémon to get attention.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

8 minutes ago, Pawn said:

As a warning to anyone avoiding spoilers: the first stage evolutions of Grookey and Sobble might have leaked. If they are indeed real, then it's only a matter of time until YouTube thumbnails and the like start using them and other unrevealed Pokémon to get attention.

Appreciate the fact that you said this! Ta muchly

• Nice Smile 1

The problem is that I CAN'T SEEM TO FUCKING FIND THEM. Gamexplain absolutely REFUSED to show or even link them. Since I'm not buying the game, I want to spoil myself.

I googled Sobble evolution leak and both came up instantly. It's not hard to find them. 

So avoiding them will be a bitch.