Awoo.

Sonictrainer

The people who hate the franchise for what it is currently, sorry to say, make up the minority, a very loud minority but still. Casuals will still buy it because they don't care, kids usually don't care, they just want Pokemon. If you want the franchise to change, trying to incite it through crippling sales is a futile attempt. Maybe  the deluge of complaints reached GF, they had to and maybe they'll improve next time but it will always sell no matter what.

(still think the DLC option is better than the third version crap they've been doing for decades but I digress) 

DLC is fine in theory. But the base game feels small and incomplete already, and the DLC costs a bomb on top of what you already paid and much be purchased for each version.

And lets not forget that they're still doing the two versions crap anyway. 

If the games aren't given the time or budget to make quality products, then there's not much they can do to alleviate that unless TCPI gives them that.

But as we went over, there's no reason for them to do that.

The Pokémon Company have confirmed their plan for Pokémon Day, February 27th 2020. On this day, there will be many reveals:

• First and foremost, a brand new Mythical Pokémon is to be revealed. This Pokémon will star in the new movie Coco and be available in Pokémon Sword & Shield
  • A special Max Raid Battle will run in Pokémon Sword & Shield
  • A special event will run in Pokémon GO
  • New information about Pokémon Masters will be revealed

...I wonder what type it will be?

Gigantamax Toxtricity will start appearing in the Wild Area between February 7th - March 9th

Gigantamax Toxtricity's Official Art

Spoiler

pokemon_gtoxtricity_2x.png2_05_p04_02.jpg

• Gigantamax Toxtricity
  • Type: Electric/Poison
  • Ability: Punk Rock / Plus / Minus
  • Height: 78'9"+
  • Weight: ????.? lbs.

It stores electricity within its body like a thundercloud. It also stores a huge amount of poison, said to be as much as one million liters. Every time Toxtricity moves, poisonous liquid gushes out and pours down on opponents like acid rain.

During battle, it attacks by slamming a gigantic mass of electricity down upon an opponent with all its might. This mass is made up of the tremendous amount of electricity Toxtricity has stored up. The momentum involved in the full swing of Toxtricity’s gigantic body—on top of the already-powerful electricity—is great enough to create a huge crater in the ground.

2_05_p05_01.jpg

Electric-type moves used by Gigantamax Toxtricity will change to G-Max Stun Shock. G-Max Stun Shock not only deals damage but also poisons or paralyzes all opponents!

pokemonday2020.jpg

01-en.jpg

Also, we have information on Pokémon Day events, including s a Voting Contest

e getting ready for fun events on February 27, better known around the world as Pokémon Day! It's the day the first games in the Pokémon video game series, Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, debuted in Japan in 1996. Recognized by fans around the world, it's the perfect time to celebrate the world of Pokémon.

But before we can get there, we need input from every Pokémon fan. With the help of Google, we're holding a Pokémon of the Year competition where you can vote for your favorite Pokémon. The voting period is from Wednesday, February 5, at 6 a.m. PST through Friday, February 14, at 5:59 a.m. PST.

To participate, search for “Pokémon vote” on Google. The voting screen will be displayed in your search results. Select the category you want to vote on from the eight choices. Then select one Pokémon from the list (sorted by National Pokédex number) and click the vote button. When you're signed in to your Google account, you can cast one vote per category for a maximum of eight votes daily. You can vote only once in each category per day, but you can vote each day during the voting period. Votes will be counted based on the Pokémon's National Pokédex number, even for Pokémon that have multiple forms, including regional forms.

Pokémon GO is getting a head start on the Pokémon Day excitement. Starting on Tuesday, February 25, keep an eye out in the wild for Pikachu and Eevee donning their party hats, as well as Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle sporting the same festive look and hatching from 7 km Eggs. In celebration of the Pokémon Day launch of the movie Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution on Netflix, special Pokémon clones including Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise will start to appear in Raid Battles. Plus, be sure to take a lot of pictures—you might notice that clone Pikachu will want to be in the shot, too. Finally, each day you'll be able to complete two Special Trades instead of just one. There may be even more special events on the way, too, so check back soon for details. These events will take place every day through Monday, March 2.

Look forward to even more Pokémon Day fun, including the big reveal of a special, newly discovered Pokémon! There will also be news and updates for Pokémon Masters. Some special Max Raid Battles in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will also launch that day. And remember, the full-length movie Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution will arrive on Netflix on Pokémon Day, too.

Be sure to visit Pokemon.com regularly as we'll have updates as to what you can expect on Pokémon Day.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Celestia said:

That's Incineroar's Giga form, obviously.

Now I can't unsee this. Thanks.

I swear I thought it was Heihachi of all people when I first saw it thinking he wanted revenge for not being in Smash and he became a big demon to wreck the Pokemon world

...I wish this was real lore

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's Episode 2 of Twilight Wings, featuring Bea

After losing to Galar’s Champion, Leon, Fighting-type Gym Leader Bea sets out with her Pokémon to elevate their training. Will she find her inner resolve and grow stronger…or will she succumb to the pressure of defeat?

I finally finished this game after 3 months, I had put my Switch aside to pursue other hobbys, as well at graduating as University, so... I recently played it again and completed the story.

What I think about Pokemon Sword? Pretty cool, kind of boring at times, but I'm not too into RPGs in general, Pokemon get my interest for their charm, and overall I would say this game has plenty of charm. The new Pokedex is quite fresh and creative IMO, the cities as well as the gyms are great, everything is full of life and personality, every human character, every Pokemon, there are lots of things to do in general, the Wild Area is interesting, I need to explore it way more but I love the concept, it's the one area in the game where you can just waste time as you like, the gym challenges are something new (I think, I've only played a handful of Pokemon games) and they offer cool variety, I enjoyed the game overall. My negatives... are the routes, they are straight-lines indeed, those are the weakest part of the game, I wish you could expand and explore more, I don't give a crap about the full returning Pokedex, but still they could have added more, and eventually they will via DLC, and the game feels a bit repetitive here and there but I guess it's just the formula, other than that, it's pretty cool, but IMO it could have been way better if they had put more effort. It shows and I think that is the general though from gamers.

Plus the post-game content I'm already starting, I'm happy there is a lot to do even after I completed the game, and I'm really interested in the DLC expansions.

Happy Pokemon Day everyone! We got a reveal of the mysterious Pokemon shown earlier in the month.

Its a new mythical called Zarude, a Dark/Grass typed Pokemon with the ability Leaf Guard. That's all we know about it at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

The official site has more information

pokemon_zarude_2x.png

2_27_p02_02.jpg

• Zarude
  • Category: Rogue Monkey Pokémon
  • Type: Dark/Grass
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 154.3 lbs.
  • Ability: Leaf Guard

It can grow vines from the back of its neck, its wrists, and the soles of its feet at will. The vines are strong and flexible. They can be used to wrap around tree branches to move around or to grab Berries from distant branches. They’re useful for many different situations. The vines also have a healing property. If the vines are wrapped around a wound, it will heal.

Zarude lives in a pack deep in the heart of dense forests. It treats anyone that isn’t part of its pack with immediate hostility, attacking right away. This is why other Pokémon that live in the same forest are afraid of Zarude. When fighting it swings around using trees and their branches, attacking relentlessly with its sharp claws or any other means it has. Its quick wit helps it excel in battles.

2_27_p04_01.jpg

From Wednesday, February 26, at 4:00 p.m. PST until Sunday, March 1, at 3:59 p.m. PST, a Dynamax Mewtwo will appear in Max Raid Battles! This Mewtwo is incredibly powerful—it’s said that you’ll need help from other players if you want to defeat it! What’s more, it won’t ever let its guard down, even when defeated. No Trainer will be able to catch it!

However, it’s still well worth taking on this Mewtwo. If you manage to defeat it in Max Raid Battles, you might receive some rare items, like Ability Capsules!

Mewtwo’s not the only one that’ll be showing up, though! During the same time period, you might also see Dynamaxed specimens of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, and Wartortle in Max Raid Battles! Unlike Mewtwo, you can try to catch these Pokémon if you manage to defeat them! Use this time to team up with friends and take on some rare Pokémon!

Note: To challenge these Pokémon in Max Raid Battles, you need to have received the latest information about the Wild Area.

Note: You can get the latest information about the Wild Area anytime you connect your Nintendo Switch™ system to the internet. Alternatively, you’ll be able to manually download the latest data anytime you want by opening the X menu in your game and selecting Mystery Gift and then Get the Wild Area News.

We also have the results of the Poll on Google

Hundreds of Pokémon have entered. 

Millions of Trainers have voted.

Meet the top 10 contenders for Pokémon of the Year, and your 2020 winner – just in time for Pokémon Day!

• 3 weeks later...

What could Wooloo be up to? Find out in the latest episode of Pokémon: Twilight Wings!

I didn't know I could love Wooloo any more than I do now.

Also, next Episode features Nessa!

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is the mini series called "Twilight Wings"? What does that have to with anything?

I thought that the first episode was kinda nice, even if was trying incredibly hard to be all cliché anime emotional and sweet. But the second and third episodes have been retreads of the exact same thing. Not really a proper story to tell in any of them. Instead, each is just a collection of scenes that are supposed to be endearing (all with emotional moments of realisation in the back of a taxi, apparently). It's a bit lost on me. Animation is great though. I wish the actual main anime series looked like this instead of whateverthefuck they've been doing since SuMo.

Also really wish that the English-language dub here used British actors. One of the highlights of SwSh was the use of a very British sounding script, including location names, that stands out from the usual Americanised media. Feels slightly odd seeing such British-inspired locations where all the people sound like they're from Americaland.

37 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Man, you actually have no heart if the Wooloo story didn't touch you. 

Whether or not I have a heart isn't the issue here. Although you are right and I do not have one.

The issue is that the episode is kinda shit. Kid tells his sheep that dragons dragons are cool, sheep acts like a dumb idiot and wonders off for absolutely no good reason (were there no shut doors or other blockades?), sheep survives a fall off a cliff that should have been fatal, *poorly constructed friendship bracelet that was probably made in an illegal sweatshop dramatically disintegrates in a light breeze*, sheep falls out the sky and somehow doesn't kill the kid it lands on, kid apologises to sheep for saying that another animal was also cool.

There's really not much I can say to that; it clearly didn't resonate with you. 

But you're still heartless man. Of course lil Wooloo would be upset at his trainer thinking a big dumb Charizard is cooler than it. 

6 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

But you're still heartless man. Of course lil Wooloo would be upset at his trainer thinking a big dumb Charizard is cooler than it. 

Real talk for a second here; Wooloo left absolutely no impression on me when it was revealed last year, and it took a few weeks before I caught wind of the fact that people were going wild over what I saw as an inoffensive but ultimately uninteresting Pokémon design. I still don't see what everyone loves about it.

But back to being heartless; I only like edgy things and Wooloo is just fluff

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

sheep survives a fall off a cliff that should have been fatal

Actually, it's canon. Especially if you've read Wooloo's Pokédex Entry from Sword

• Its curly fleece is such an effective cushion that this Pokémon could fall off a cliff and stand right back up at the bottom, unharmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if it's called twilight wings because it involves a cab and his Corviknight each time...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Actually, it's canon. Especially if you've read Wooloo's Pokédex Entry from Sword

Magcargo is twice as hot as the sun but it's still weak to water, people wake up having turned into Kadabra  and Gardevoir casually create black holes.

I don't think the PokéDex has ever been very reliable.

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Magcargo is twice as hot as the sun but it's still weak to water, people wake up having turned into Kadabra  and Gardevoir casually create black holes.

39 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

It also has the ability Fluffy, which halves physical damage.