Awoo.

Sonictrainer

Now that you mention Z-Crystals, I've got a feeling that if they were to go with the idea of a non-evolving Eevee and Pikachu, then there may likely be a moment in the story where you receive either the Pikanium-Z or Eevium-Z, to try and make them more viable later on in the game.

That is, assuming Z-Moves aren't just relegated to a post-game bonus, a la Mega Evolution in Alola...

• Thumbs Up 1

Back when Mega Evolution was still a factor, I toyed with an idea for a Mega Eevee, which would have been a kind of substitute Normal-type Eeveelution, effectively making Eevee as good as its evolutions; possibly with some kind of gimmick like all attacks striking as if both participants and their moves were Normal-type.  Mega Evolution appears to have fallen by the wayside - though I would say that it's perhaps more likely to resurface in a remake than anywhere else - but they could still give Eevee a good item which might replicate that kind of stat growth; or just make the Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee have base stats which jump up at certain points such that they end up on a par with evolved Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've had very limited experience with Pokemon games. The only game I ever played was Blue back in 1999 or 2000. I don't think I got very far in it. I got stuck when my path was blocked by a Snorlax. I can't tell you how bad I was at puzzle solving.

I like to start again and by the time I started having this desire, the Switch came out and there was a real possibility of Pokemon migrating from the 3DS to the Switch. I imagine judging by what the Switch is capable of, whatever mainline Pokemon game comes to the system will look amazing like it never did before. I don't mean something like LA Noire type graphics but maybe something borderline Breath of the Wild, or at least something that doesn't look jagged and pixelated like Sun and Moon does.

There's some concerning things about Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but I'm not too concerned. I'm pretty excited to see what's to come and I've never been this excited for a Pokemon since forever.

After all the Kanto pondering the last two generations had, i have no interest in this game.

So, you all may have com across those rumors for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.  Personally, I'm hoping it's not true, so on that note, I'll describe my dream Pokemon game:

So first off, it will probably have a new region.  With that in mind, would it not be cool to have the ability to travel to the regions of the past like Kanto, Alola, Hoenn, Sinnoh, ... heck even a full hub of Ultra Space.  It would also be cool to have postgame content in a episodic form similar to Episode Rainbow Rocket.  A Pokemon Champions League (Pitting you against classic characters from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Alola could be awesome!  The return of classic features like the Ultra Wormhole, PokeSnap, the Rotom Dex, the Underground, Battle Royales, Mantine Surfing, Pokemon Refresh, Photo Clubs, etc. along with new features.  Easier evolutions to get Gengar,  Alakazam, etc. would also be helpful.  Riding different Pokemon than in US/UM would be beneficial, while both Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are welcome to return in my opinion.  Being able to travel to a Bizarro-esque world of Pokemon would seriously be legit, too

So, with my ideas being stated, what do you all want to see in Pokemon Switch?

I’ve personally always wanted Kanto but updated up the wazoo. Like seeing what Kanto looks like during the time of Sun and Moon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Reboot.

Cut the number of 'mons down to a more reasonable size and rework the core systems without having to worry about transferring pokemon in from older generations. I know a lot of people would hate not having access to both their own personal pokemon and to whatever species they like that'd get cut, but last I played the series the system was feeling pretty crusty and I don't get the sense that that's changed. And I think the only way to reasonably address some of the problems is to scale back a bit and make a clean break from the previous games.

Not that that's ever going to happen, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

So, you all may have com across those rumors for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.  Personally, I'm hoping it's not true, so on that note, I'll describe my dream Pokemon game:

So first off, it will probably have a new region.  With that in mind, would it not be cool to have the ability to travel to the regions of the past like Kanto, Alola, Hoenn, Sinnoh, ... heck even a full hub of Ultra Space.  It would also be cool to have postgame content in a episodic form similar to Episode Rainbow Rocket.  A Pokemon Champions League (Pitting you against classic characters from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Alola could be awesome!  The return of classic features like the Ultra Wormhole, PokeSnap, the Rotom Dex, the Underground, Battle Royales, Mantine Surfing, Pokemon Refresh, Photo Clubs, etc. along with new features.  Easier evolutions to get Gengar,  Alakazam, etc. would also be helpful.  Riding different Pokemon than in US/UM would be beneficial, while both Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are welcome to return in my opinion.  Being able to travel to a Bizarro-esque world of Pokemon would seriously be legit, too

So, with my ideas being stated, what do you all want to see in Pokemon Switch?

Hmm. At this point you are making this MMO RPG Pokemon game. Though if one were to do that, I actually kinda like the idea of Ultra Space. Have like a expanded dimension for it, and maybe even have it be hub area that grants access to all the regions. Kinda like a warp without the loading between regions. Just an idea though.

Well, considering Pokémon is an RPG, I wouldn't mind a little bit more story, or at least some OPTIONAL stuff to explore. I mean, there are a lot of unturned rocks in the Pokémon universe, so, why not? That said, I wouldn't also mind voiceover, like it was in BoTW, but, well, a man can dream. Also, maybe give the protagonist a little bit more personality? 

Also, more BoTW-esque non-linearity, with you being able to get all the badges in any order you want, to prevent stuff like Yellow's "The starter's an electric type, that has no moves against rock types, and the player can't progress through the game without defeating the gym leader, so, oops" problem. As for Pokémon combat itself, I wouldn't really mind more depth to the mechanic itself.

Also, no new regions OR mons this time. I mean, expand THE WORLD, but, please, don't make completing the Pokedex an EVEN MORE tedious task.

As for the graphics, I wouldn't mind more style. I mean the whole "Bland chibi-esque artstyle" worked on the 3DS, but on a console... Nah. I mean, I don't expect it to go full-on Persona, but, hey, at least have SOME graphical pop here and there.

5 hours ago, A person, that exists said:

Also, more BoTW-esque non-linearity, with you being able to get all the badges in any order you want, to prevent stuff like Yellow's "The starter's an electric type, that has no moves against rock types, and the player can't progress through the game without defeating the gym leader, so, oops" problem.

The more non-linearity they introduce, the more they have to fiddle with the scaling to account for it - but I agree that a few elements of non-linearity would be ideal; I've always enjoyed the rare parts where the games let you actually proceed a little out of the official order for a while, and that's generally been most extensive in Kanto (either in its original incarnation or especially in the GSC/HGSS postgame).  On which note, if the rumours about Let's Go! Pikachu/Eevee being a Kanto-based Yellow sequel are true, I hope they'll rework the order we proceed around the region, purely for the sake of novelty.  That's a feature I look for in the enhanced versions, too, but I think only B2W2 has ever gone all-in on it (Platinum might've had a nod).

(Also, in Yellow, they moved Mankey to earlier in the game and gave it an early Fighting-type move specifically to counter Brock, but I agree that it wasn't a good look.)

15 hours ago, A person, that exists said:

That said, I wouldn't also mind voiceover, like it was in BoTW, but, well, a man can dream. Also, maybe give the protagonist a little bit more personality? 

Also, more BoTW-esque non-linearity, with you being able to get all the badges in any order you want, to prevent stuff like Yellow's "The starter's an electric type, that has no moves against rock types, and the player can't progress through the game without defeating the gym leader, so, oops" problem. As for Pokémon combat itself, I wouldn't really mind more depth to the mechanic itself.

Also, no new regions OR mons this time. I mean, expand THE WORLD, but, please, don't make completing the Pokedex an EVEN MORE tedious task.

As for the graphics, I wouldn't mind more style. I mean the whole "Bland chibi-esque artstyle" worked on the 3DS, but on a console... Nah. I mean, I don't expect it to go full-on Persona, but, hey, at least have SOME graphical pop here and there.

If they ever include voice acting then I hope they give you a option to turn it off... Often I find voice acting in games aimed at kids to be super obnoxious. Wasn't a fan of half the voices in BOTW myself. And why would a soulless avatar need much personality? In Pokemon they are suppose to represent you or what you want them to be... not be their own preset soul infused characters like from the comics. normally I prefer all characters to have personalities and not be a boring avatar... but avatars are part of the mainline Pokemon games gimmicks, no good reason to change that.

Yeah little more non-linearity would be cool... but not to much... I'm not a fan of open world games. They feel soulless to me often. However I'd enjoy for there to be multiple main goals you could go after... gym battles and becoming a Pokemon master shouldn't be the only option I say. But again they need not to add to much options or it risks having no direction altogether.

Personally I'm a big fan of chibi art styles. Pokemon Omega Ruby's style was very appealing to me. But I REALLY DO NOT WANT them to go much more realistic overall then Pokemon Sun & Moon. Little more detail is fine... but please no awful realistic Pokemon games. Ugh sometimes being a cartoon fan is hard..

• Thumbs Up 1

Mark your calendars people! May 31st will have a "shocking" announcement. This will more than likely be the reveal for Pokemon Switch, just before E3!

Movie coverage is more or less done since the reveal of Zeraora so there's nothing else left but the most anticipated game of 2018!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

Here we go, then.

But how are they going to pull it off?  A Japanese TV show is a bit niche for a major game reveal.  Would they be pitching a simultaneous or post-broadcast worldwide announcement video, or would the TV show be more of a teaser or soft-announcement which would reveal the game concept but not reveal the major details?

An announcement will be soon and the TV show will pass it off as exclusive stuff after the fact.
That's usually how it goes.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Red said:

Mark your calendars people! May 31st will have a "shocking" announcement. This will more than likely be the reveal for Pokemon Switch, just before E3!

Movie coverage is more or less done since the reveal of Zeraora so there's nothing else left but the most anticipated game of 2018!

Pikachu is getting a new hat!

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 2

Or possibly they just overhyped it before.  Wouldn't be the first time fans have waded through an overlong episode of a Japanese TV show just for virtually nothing.

Assuming no more new information in the next two days, I'm tentatively sticking with my theory of a soft-announce.

• Way Past Cool 1

Amazon is making changes to its product pages across multiple sites for the game apparently (or preparing to) and even Build-a-Bear is teasing a Thursday reveal for a Pokemon-themed toy. While the latter could just be a coincidence, notable figures like Emily Rogers are also confident that news is coming this week.

I think too much is happening for something big not to be coming, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 3

Switch or not, you know what my hope for Gen 8 is? More dual-type moves, like Flying Press. They've been a thing since Gen 6 and we need more than one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love if the games ever tried expanding on the items use for Pokemon, like maybe allow two or three items per Pokemon that can form combinations. Or developing power up items into armour or weapons or something.

Alternatively, I'd love if one day they ever delved into 'de evolving' a Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 1

The minute they do that, the minute the accusations of ripping off Digimon come flying out. 

20 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Switch or not, you know what my hope for Gen 8 is? More dual-type moves, like Flying Press. They've been a thing since Gen 6 and we need more than one of them.

I'd prefer it if they remained extremely rare, but that's still compatible with "more than one."  The type match-up system is already pretty complex at its most obscure - I've been playing since Gen. I, and I still can't remember a lot of the more esoteric weaknesses and resistances - and going too heavy on dual-type moves would just make things messier.  It's definitely something for special occasions, I should say.

• Thumbs Up 1

That, and they should remain at a relatively low power ( just for example, if Aurora Beam was rendered as an Ice-Fairy move, that would give it 4x effectiveness against any Dragon that didn't resist either type, and an 8x weakness against those that are weak to both types, like Dragonite, Salamence, or Rayquaza. On that thought, that alone is probably why the mechanic isn't used more, as one would have to find type combinations that didn't evoke that, with Fighting-Flying being one of those).

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like we're getting news in about 6 hours:

vZ4Wd3M.png

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-for-nintendo-switch-speculation-thread-3-chill-with-the-gifs-and-behave-yourselves-yall.44236/

Ugh, I can't believe I have to get up at like 4:15 am just to be disappointed xO

Edit: Images being resized to 400 pixels is really fucking annoying.

One thing that I'm surprised hasn't been talked about. If it really is a remake of sorts to Yellow, do you think we'll get a return for Team Rocket in the actual games?

I mean the REAL Team Rocket?