Awoo.

Sonictrainer

What's so special about this one that it gets a media event in Japan followed by the news drop elsewhere? Just because it's on Switch, or is this covering both Let's Go! and the 2019 games as well? Is the media event covering more than just 'mon for it to be 90 minutes?

So many questions.

So it looks like it's going to be a compromise of the mainstream and GO gameplay, GO used for catching but you can still walk around and battle like the main games.

I suppose that works as a best of both worlds, though I can see it making bulking up your team more difficult.

Thank goodness those new Pokemon games for Switch are just spin off titles, while the real gen 8 is coming out in 2019. 

I honestly wasn’t impressed with the reveal of those Pokemon Go spin offs for Switch, they look kind of empty, since it will be limited to just the Kanto region again. The graphics look too simplistic for being the first entry in HD.

I hope the games turn out better than expected, the only nice things I have to say about it, is that the co op and Pokemon customization looks like a neat idea. I hope the gen 8 is better than this, however.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we should make a separate thread for LGP/E since they just confirmed that another core Pokemon game is coming in 2019.

• Thumbs Up 3

So you can dress up Pikachu/Eevee?

...Welp, that basically tells me that they won't evolve in the game. Pity.

Anyway, this looks... okay, I guess? Seems like it's gonna be designed as a game aimed more towards Pokémon Go players, possibly to get them interested in the main series of games (perhaps in preparation for the 2019 Pokémon games).

Dunno what else I can say about it really. Uh... I guess the Poke Ball controller is pretty neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Called it:

16 hours ago, Marcello said:

Pikachu is getting a new hat!

The game doesn't look great. It seems like they removed wild Pokémon battles, which is just dumb. I hope I can choose not to use the motion controls. Graphics aren't great, but better than I expected. Pokémon customization is cool, but it's probably limited to Eevee and Pikachu. I'm not sure what to think of seeing wild Pokémon in the world, thus removing the random battles.  The characters look lame. Like the halved Red's age, change his clothes to something lame and gave him a dumb face. I hate only seeing Gen 1 Pokémon.

Looks like the speculation of a new Eeveelution might be true, though.

Also, is this Cycling Road minus the cycling?

9pNdem6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure what to fully think about the side series. I'm just waiting on more gameplay.

In case anyone is confused by what the 2019 games are, Ishihara has reconfirmed:

With the 2019 game that you also mentioned, will these be an upgraded version of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!—similar to Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon—or something different?

Mr. Ishihara: They'll actually be different games as all-new Pokémon series entries, kind of like how Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and then Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, were new games within the main series.

Source: Interview in Pokemon.com

So next year's titles will be brand new traditional mainline games as usual

Serebii: Speaking to Japanese publication Famitsu, which has a massive 20 page feature on Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu, Let's Go Eevee and Quest, features an interview with The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara who provided a few minor tidbits about the upcoming Pokémon game for Nintendo Switch due out in 2019. He reconfirmed that this game is due for release in the second half of 2019, will have better graphics than any prior Pokémon game, that it'll be completely new and not like Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee and states that it will contain many brand new Pokémon.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Logical/somewhat reliable rumors are indicating that this may be revealed before the end of the month, possibly even next week..!! 

I would say that i am bumping this thread more for the convenience of someone else not having to go so many pages back to find it once there is a reveal! 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, around 11 days before the Let's Go trailer was released last year, Masuda tweeted a screenshot from Go that may have hinted towards the date of the game's annoucement. It was never confirmed by him, but appeared to end up being the case. That being said, he tweeted this yesterday:

DzaQ5-xVsAAol1D.jpg

So do the numbers he didn't blur out mean something? Well, 226 could refer to a reveal around Pokémon Day, in time for the five day-long Q&A announced. Still, it's not exactly compelling on its own. Then this was mentioned on Resetera:

4chan is leaning hard into the Masuda Tweet, but I gotta give it to them as batshit insane as it seems to analyze it this much, I'm gonna give credit where its due.

-226 candies for the reveal date, 2/26/2019
-199 CP is the National Dex # for Slowking
-4.16kg is the National Dex # for Vespiquen

This is interesting, because the titles "King and Queen" have often popped up in alleged leaks and rumours over the last year. If it turns out to be nothing, it's at least a pretty wild coincidence.

• Thumbs Up 3

51 minutes ago, Pawn said:

This is interesting, because the titles "King and Queen" have often popped up in alleged leaks and rumours over the last year. If it turns out to be nothing, it's at least a pretty wild coincidence.

I think this does give the "The next Pokemon region is based on the United Kingdom" rumor some more fuel.

• Thumbs Up 3

So the supposed titles for the new games just started popping up. Like any of the like, take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler

Those are... weird titles. And if they refer to specific Pokémon, this introduces a whole new bit of lore to the series unless they are literally just makeshift titles and have nothing to do with the Legendaries on the cover.

Calling it:

the legendaries will have some royalty theme to it, with a bunch of gold and jewels decorated around them. 

Also wonder what the gameplay gimmick will be this time around

That specific image is apparently confirmed fake, but the rumoured titles predate it.  Honestly, I kind of hope it's true.  On the one hand, it's such a stereotypical vision of - that country - but I feel it would make for some really strong theming.  Well, the rumours are consolidating around a reveal before the end of the month, so if it hits March we can probably toss this one in the trash.

yeah the image is fake: Pokemon doesn't use hiragana for their names (or Japanese words, aside from the 1st and 2nd gen since they were colors), generic font, and the "queen" is simply spelled wrong.

It's possible they may go a royalty theme, but separating to "King(boy)" and "Queen(girl)" is a bit.....meh.