Awoo.

Sonictrainer

16 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I wonder if they've tried to incorporate a football into the evolved forms of World Cup mascot Scorbunny. And how will it manage to avoid the Fighting type?

I predict that Scorbunnys final form type would be Fire/Fairy.

• Thumbs Up 1

See, Game Freak? You can make a Switch game without an art style that's fucking atrocious. And wow, like, gameplay too! You just had to believe in yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

4Tm1AyG.png

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Cerne Abbas Giant, but they've changed the club into breath or an instrument (?) and replaced a certain appendage with a tail... =P

6 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

I predict that Scorbunnys final form type would be Fire/Fairy.

Given the football theme, that seems unlikely

• Thumbs Up 4

So Sobble has got to be part ghost right? Either that or we get another part fairy water starter again.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

So Sobble has got to be part ghost right? Either that or we get another part fairy water starter again.

Shit, that's a good shout. I really hope so.

10 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Potential final evolution for our bunny boy?

Hide contents

When it comes to height comparison why is the Alola trainers height used?

6 minutes ago, Pawn said:

4Tm1AyG.png

Given the football theme, that seems unlikely

... Now that I think about it, Scorbunny has some sort of tape on it's nose and soles of it's feet...

scorbunny.png

Pretty sure fighters wear some kind of sports tape too...

Just now, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

... Now that I think about it, Scorbunny has some sort of tape on it's nose and soles of it's feet...

scorbunny.png

Guys tell me it's going to be okay....

1551276637985.png

Dear god somebody tell me it's going to be okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

So do you think we'll get a feminine starter this time? The bunny has near zero chance with its theme probably eyeing the male audience the most. Maybe the monkey will turn into a witch? Although we already had Delphox.

Scrobunny may be electric, because most of the speedy ground types tend to be electric:

Image result for zeraoraimage.jpeg.212e01629574b43c9c466bc9302fb864.jpeg

This likely has to do with lightning's extreme speed if I had to guess

Scorbunny seemed to move pretty dang fast imo

12 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Full-size version of the Galar map from press assets:

Based on this, the gyms all have a common structure and type-based colour scheme.  I can make out Grass, Water, Rock/Ground, Fairy, Ice?  I'm struggling to find any more, weirdly.  London is definitely at the top, at full zoom the final city has its own Big Ben as well as the London Eye.  Railway lines all over the shop, it's got to be a fast-travel system.  The tower in the castle city right before the cliff face blocking off the snowy mountains has a crown atop it and a frankly bizarre structure of wing-like towers and bridges suspended around it.  Once you get past the southern wall, the route map becomes surprisingly complicated once you start looking closely.  There's a Diglett/Dugtrio monument in the cliff face west of the castle city. There's a ruined castle tower just on the west side of the great wall of Galar.  Lots of interesting stuff here!

But I will fall into despair if the Fire starter is Fire/Fighting again, seriously.  I think there's a possibility for pure Fire, though.  I don't see them mixing Fire/Electric on a starter, they usually only line the starters up with sub-elements rather than primary-type elements.

• Thumbs Up 1

I imagine they might cover the war again like they did in Gen 6, as the 100 Years War seems very close to the war described there.  It'd add a lot of lore to Pokemon's already rich history of it.

6 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Based on this, the gyms all have a common structure and type-based colour scheme.  I can make out Grass, Water, Rock/Ground, Fairy, Ice?  

There's what looks like a Grass type gym already-

D0axzUEUUAU7baJ.jpg

I do hope they improve on textures. They do look pretty low res in places.

Scorbunny makes me think of classic cartoon characters like Felix the Cat or Mickey Mouse:

image.png.2ff78c5919efd77114f1aaf77ac44146.png

19 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

scorbunny.png

image.png.08e3a43cee20a1195decb213743a8ba8.png

Sword & Shield, huh? Not bad.

Gameplay-wise, it looks like it'll continue the traditional style of Pokémon encounters from Sun & Moon and before, which is... kinda disappointing. Still, not exactly a deal-breaker for me.

The Galar region looks interesting (yay, a home-based region!) if maybe a little linear. I'm liking the locations we've seen so far, like the mines and the London-inspired city. The Pokémon Football Staduim, though... Eh. I'm not into football at all, so while I get why it's a part of this region, I don't think I'll particularly care about... whatever this ends up being.

As for the starters, I honestly think they're all pretty cute. For once, I don't think I actually have a preference! So chances are I'll just pick my starter based on their later evolutions' designs and types.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

There's what looks like a Grass type gym already-

Aye, it's definitely the same one identifiable on the map; the surroundings in the screenshot match the area's aesthetic on the map.

I do wonder where the rest of the gyms are.  Maybe some of them are underground or contained in larger buildings, though it's also conceivable that they don't take on the same appearance in non-industrialised areas.  I'm pretty sure they're meant to be stadiums; well, there's a football pitch right next to the inevitable trainer school in the starting town, and another one next to that mansion just north of it beside the lake.  And I'm pretty confident that the industrial city walling off the south of the region has its own, grander stadium, the area surrounded by chimneys...  Added to the standard Grass/Water/Rock/Fairy/Ice stadiums, that would make eight.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FFWF said:

Aye, it's definitely the same one identifiable on the map; the surroundings in the screenshot match the area's aesthetic on the map.

I do wonder where the rest of the gyms are.  Maybe some of them are underground or contained in larger buildings, though it's also conceivable that they don't take on the same appearance in non-industrialised areas.  I'm pretty sure they're meant to be stadiums; well, there's a football pitch right next to the inevitable trainer school in the starting town, and another one next to that mansion just north of it beside the lake.  And I'm pretty confident that the industrial city walling off the south of the region has its own, grander stadium, the area surrounded by chimneys...  Added to the standard Grass/Water/Rock/Fairy/Ice stadiums, that would make eight.

Top right at the bottom of the mountains on top of the mansion seems to be our first Dark type gym.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Was really hoping they'd shake up the mechanics after all these years. At the moment, it looks like the same old gameplay, only in HD. I'm willing to wait for more info but so far, I'm not very impressed.

I sort of hoped at least one of the starters would be an animal Pokémon hasn't done.  I mean, we're well covered in the primate department, rabbits are well entrenched and a chameleon's here as well (I admit it though, Sobble's looks better than Keclean).  That being said, Scorbunny looks super charming, but the threat of the fire/fighting curse looms over this one like a dark cloud...  Region wise, I originally wasn't so sure about a UK inspiration when it was rumours, but seeing it in action helped me see the light.  It looks excellent, some of the places so picturesque, but it does appear to be a bit straight forward.  I'm also worried they've left the battle system relatively unchanged.  Seeing them go for some extra complexity over the usual paper, scissors, rock mechanic is something this series has been needing a long time.

1 hour ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Hm... Am curious what the 2nd typing for each of the 3 new starter Pokemon will be... I'm gonna guess fire/ground, water/ice and grass/rock.

I can see the fire rabbit having a dual combination of Fire and electricity since it runs really fast. But I'm not sure if that will be to overpowered. The Monkey Pokémon I can see as a grass/fighter type since I have a feeling that it will evolve into a gorilla-like Pokémon. With the water-lizard, it is a bit harder to tell. I can see it been either a water/ice type like you said, but I can see it also evolving into a water/fairy because of the shy nature it has. 

• Promotion 1

I just remembered that Grookey's introduction may have hinted at cricket, with the way it tapped at some marked soil as if waiting for the bowler? I wonder then if Sobble's line will reference water polo, rowing or one of the many other water sports, lending each of the starters a traditional British sport theme.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Balding Spider said:

I would lay off the Ghost talk. The Sobble in the trailer looked more like he was using Vaporeon's shtick (Acid Armor) rather than full on intangibility. Both Scorbunny and Grooky both reek of potential fighter type though, so the fairy part might not be a bad guess to counter one of those. I just don't see it in the design quite yet.

At first glance, Sword and Shield looks like a safe play. Kind of shocked they removed Go's pokemon visible in the overworld... this looks like... just pokemon on the switch. It'll print money either way, but I am kind of bummed they didn't push the envelope a little more.