Awoo.

Sonictrainer

Just got the game today and I'm enjoying it personally.

Only thing that's really grinding my gears right now is the new trade system. I really liked the GTS system from previous games... From what I remember, it was pretty easy to use and I knew exactly what I was getting, in exchange for something else. This though? I'm having a hard time understanding how exactly it's working. Maybe I'm just unobservant, but I'm not really liking how I don't know what pokemon I'm getting.

That being said,  I'm trying to evolve my Pumpkaboo into a Gourgeist through a trade. Anyone want to help me out? I kind of have a soft spot for Gourgeist.

Anyone want to help me out here?

3 hours ago, Emperor Robrainiac said:

Anyone want to help me out here?

I can help you in a bit.

Today we have some official artwork and information for the Starters, Boxart Legends, and the next Gigantamax Event

English Trailer

Japanese Trailer

Galar Starter Evolutions

pokemon_thwackey_2x.png11_27_p06_01.jpg

• Thwackey
  • Category: Beat Pokémon
  • Type: Grass
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 30.9 lbs.
  • Ability: Overgrow

Grookey’s Evolution has caused its stick to change as well—by splitting into two sticks. Thwackey now uses these sticks to keep rhythm. It devotes itself entirely to its practice with these sticks, so that it will be able to drum faster and longer than anyone else. Sometimes Thwackey becomes so focused on its practice that it doesn’t even hear the orders of its Trainer.

To develop its sense of rhythm, Thwackey keeps the beat alive during its daily life. It walks while swaying back and forth to a beat and drumming with its sticks. It always feels the beat. Some Thwackey have even been seen to keep rhythm while eating.

pokemon_rillaboom_2x.png11_27_p07_01.jpg

• Rillaboom
  • Category: Drummer Pokémon
  • Type: Grass
  • Height: 6'11"
  • Weight: 198.4 lbs.
  • Ability: Overgrow

As Thwackey evolves into Rillaboom, its two sticks further develop into two sticks and a stump drum! In battle, Rillaboom unleashes powerful sound waves with its drumming and throws opponents about by controlling the roots of its stump. The skills it honed while it was a Thwackey are put on full display.

Rillaboom has a gentle nature and won’t involve itself in trivial fights. However, it is extremely sensitive to any actions that could risk the harmony around it and keeps such actions strictly in check. Rillaboom also has a strong sense of solidarity with others, and it will fight ferociously when its allies are in trouble.

pokemon_raboot_2x.png11_27_p08_01.jpg

• Raboot
  • Category: Rabbit Pokémon
  • Type: Fire
  • Height: 2'
  • Weight: 19.8 lbs.
  • Ability: Blaze

The fur that covers Raboot’s whole body has changed to become more effective against cold weather. This thick fur is also good for controlling the Pokémon’s fire energy, allowing Raboot to unleash its full power in a shorter amount of time. The temperature on its brow and the soles of its feet has increased since evolving, and Raboot uses these areas to deal flaming-hot headbutts and kicks.

Favoring the powerful legs it’s gained through Evolution, Raboot keeps both hands tucked into the thick fur around its waist when it acts. To better train its kicking attacks, Raboot tries not to use its hands at all, which also seems to be effective in keeping it from losing body heat. It’s also not unusual for Raboot to jump high and kick down Berries that grow in tall trees, juggling them on its feet as it eats them.

pokemon_cinderace_2x.png11_27_p09_01.jpg

• Cinderace
  • Category: Striker Pokémon
  • Type: Fire
  • Height: 4'7"
  • Weight: 72.8 lbs.
  • Ability: Blaze

Cinderace has excellent physical abilities, and it boasts some of the best skills among all Pokémon when it comes to explosive force, jumping ability, and kicking power. It’s got a strong core and great balance as well, meaning that it can unleash powerful kicks from any position.

Cinderace attacks using a soccer ball made of fire, which it creates by pouring its fire energy into a small stone. It plays with opponents by using its artful footwork—kicking its ball about as it feints this way or that to throw opponents off in their timing or putting a spin on the ball for an attack that’s hard to evade.

pokemon_drizzile_2x.png11_27_p10_02.jpg

• Drizzile
  • Category: Water Lizard Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 25.4 lbs.
  • Ability: Torrent

Drizzile uses its long and dexterous tongue, which is coated in mucus, both for battle and for eating. This tongue is usually kept within its mouth, but when necessary, it can be launched out in a quick shot to strike at Drizzile’s prey. It’s only during these moments that this usually lethargic Pokémon demonstrates a shocking degree of focus.

Drizzile is a very cautious Pokémon. It sets up numerous traps in the areas surrounding the tree hollows or rocks where it lives, using the Water-type moves it excels in. It also uses its brain during battle, engaging in hit-and-run tactics utilizing the landscape around it or devising strategies that take full advantage of its ability to turn invisible when wet.

pokemon_inteleon_2x.png11_27_p11_01.jpg

• Inteleon
  • Category: Secret Agent Pokémon
  • Type: Water
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 99.6 lbs.
  • Ability: Torrent

Inteleon’s rail-thin body hides a variety of surprising tricks within it. For example, its fingertips can fire out water that has been compressed within its body—shooting it out at a speed of Mach 3—to hit opponents where they’re weakest. Inteleon also has special lenses in its eyes and a sharp knife hidden in its tail. These hidden tricks allow it to adapt to any situation!

Inteleon possesses great intellect and thinks deeply about things, calmly and deliberately. It is also known for its chivalrous behavior. In battle, it analyzes the weaknesses and habits of its opponents to devise strategies against them. It puts its intellect to good use when battling. It also appears to show absolute loyalty to Trainers it has recognized as worthy.

Boxart Legendaries

pokemon_zacian_2x.png

• Zacian
  • Category: Warrior Pokémon
  • Type: Fairy/Steel
  • Height: 9'2"
  • Weight: 782.6 lbs.
  • Ability: Intrepid Sword

Zacian attacks its foes using the sword it grips in its mouth. The sword’s edge is terrifically sharp and can tear through even the thick scales of Dragon-type Pokémon as though they were no more than paper.

Zacian dashes through the battlefield to strike its enemies with the speed of a swift wind. Its graceful movements are beautiful to behold and have been compared to a dance. Zacian’s slashing attacks possess a speed that makes them impossible to see with the naked eye, and those hit by its blade are cut down before they can even feel pain from the blow.

11_27_p13_02.jpg

With this Steel-type physical move, the sword in Zacian’s mouth grows to gigantic proportions and is used to slice at a target. It is especially strong against Dynamax Pokémon, and the impact of it slams right through a Dynamax Pokemon's body to deal devastating damage. The destructive power of this move is said to be enough to cut the very ocean in two.

11_27_p13_05.jpg

Zacian’s Ability, Intrepid Sword, is a new Ability introduced in these titles and one that only Zacian has. When Zacian enters a battle, its Attack is boosted, allowing it to deal even more damage to targets when unleashing attacks.

pokemon_zamazenta_2x.png

• Zamazenta
  • Category: Warrior Pokémon
  • Type: Fighting/Steel
  • Height: 9'6"
  • Weight: 1730.6 lbs.
  • Ability: Dauntless Shield

Zamazenta fends off the attacks of foes by using the golden shield that covers its front. The shield’s strength is so formidable that even the sharp claws of Dragon-type Pokémon cannot leave a single scratch upon it.

No battlefield, no matter how terrible, can make Zamazenta flinch in its resolve. It will charge the enemy lines head on to defeat its opponents. Its shield-like armor provides impregnable defense, but it is also a weapon to be used in powerful attacks. When Zamazenta bashes into opponents with all its might, it’s said that the destructive force is enough to put cracks in the land and that the resulting shock wave can lay waste to hundreds of enemies.

11_27_p15_02.jpg

With this Steel-type physical move, the winged armor on Zamazenta’s front grows to gigantic proportions and is used to bash into a target with devastating force. It is especially strong against Dynamax Pokémon, and the impact of it slams right through a Dynamax Pokémon’s body to deal devastating damage. The destructive power of this move is said to be enough to bore straight through towering mountains.

11_27_p15_05.jpg

Zamazenta’s Ability, Dauntless Shield, is a new Ability introduced in these titles and one that only Zamazenta has. When Zamazenta enters a battle, its Defense is boosted, allowing it to withstand even more attacks from its opponents.

Gigantamax Snorlax

pokemon_gsnorlax_2x.png11_27_p02_02.jpg

• Gigantamax Snorlax
  • Type: Normal
  • Abilities: Immunity/Thick Fat
  • Height: 114'10"+  
  • Weight: ????.? lbs.

The Berry seeds and small rocks that were tangled in its belly fur have undergone explosive growth thanks to the power of Gigantamaxing. With a tree sprouting upon its belly, this gigantic form of Snorlax has the majesty of a great mountain.

Whether because of the great weight of its stomach or its unchanged natural disposition, this Gigantamax Pokémon almost never moves. When the time comes to do battle, it lifts its upper body by just a tiny amount and attacks by flailing with its arms and legs. At first glance, you might think it’s not very serious about battling—but these actions pack a tremendous punch. In fact, Gigantamax Snorlax is said to be one of the strongest Dynamax Pokémon discovered.

11_27_p03_03.jpg

When Snorlax is Gigantamaxed, its Normal-type attacks will be transformed into G-Max Replenish. G-Max Replenish doesn’t merely deal damage to targets—it can also restore any Berries that Gigantamax Snorlax’s allies have eaten during the battle!

11_27_p04_02.jpg

Gigantamax Snorlax will appear in Max Raid Battles from Wednesday, December 4, until early January (subject to change). Check out the Pokémon Dens that dot the Wild Area, and try to battle Gigantamax Snorlax for yourself!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Could you put the whole page in spoilers next time so that it doesn't take up half the page, please?

12 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Could you put the whole page in spoilers next time so that it doesn't take up half the page, please?

Ok.

I do admit the images are super big this time...

birthdaycurry.jpg

If you try to make Curry on your birthday, a candle will be placed on your plate when it's finished. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

We now have Concept Art for the main characters & Gym Leaders, with notes that reveal other information.

Spoiler

concept-art-pokemon-sword-shield.origina

Hop & Leon

Spoiler

p12.original.jpg

Bede & Marnie

Spoiler

p14.original.jpgp13.original.jpg

Rose & Oleana

Spoiler

p15.original.jpgp16.original.jpg

Milo

Spoiler

p1.original.jpg

Nessa

Spoiler

p9.original.jpg

Kabu

Spoiler

p10.original.jpg

Bea & Allister

Spoiler

p5.original.jpgp8.original.jpg

Opal

Spoiler

p3.original.jpg

Gordie & Melony

Spoiler

p6.original.jpgp7.original.jpg

Piers

Spoiler

p4.original.jpg

Raihan

Spoiler

p2.original.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I might as well put my two cents in due to the fact that i'm more of a Pokemon fan than a Sonic fan these days (but I still love Sonic btw).

It was fun to a point. I'm up to the last gym, but sadly, i've seemed to have lost interest at this point. Idk why, but I just...did. Yeah, i'll go back to the game eventually, but I want to take a break from it. Dexit was a horrible idea. They should've kept the national dex, but that's just my opinion. Also, I have one word that describes this game: RUSHED! I mean, the story is decent, but I think they should've fleshed out the towns more and not make the routes so linear. The wild area is interesting. If there's one thing I should've done is explore it more, but right now, I just need a break from it all. Sorry if this was a bad post.

• Thumbs Up 1

ENFbaktUYAAe65a?format=jpg&name=largeOk, so apparently there's an event going on where 5 Star Shiny Magikarp Max Raids are appearing in the Wild Area...

I haven't heard much else about it...

Okay, so I know as someone who was indifferent due in part to not being involved that Sword and Shield has been a plethora of enormity for people since it was revealed, but with that said, wh.at the hell?. 

Spoiler

pokedex.jpg

"Gentleman Weezing is not real and cannot hurt you"

11 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, so I know as someone who was indifferent due in part to not being involved that Sword and Shield has been a plethora of enormity for people since it was revealed, but with that said, wh.at the hell?. 

Hide contents

pokedex.jpg

"Gentleman Weezing is not real and cannot hurt you"

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

Those designs are really bizarre.

Also, I thought that profile gif of Wheezing was just a funny model edit. 

And you know, not official. 

• Absolutely 1

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Those designs are really bizarre.

Also, I thought that profile gif of Wheezing was just a funny model edit. 

And you know, not official. 

Right then. I agree. A huge proportion of the designs in Gen 8 are too themed and gimmicky. And if not that, they're unevolved and have giant heads.

Everything you're looking at in that table is real, although it's missing several names and some images of the are really low quality.

There's going to be a Pokemon Direct on Thursday, probably to show off Home or reveal info on Sinnoh Remakes.

ENozkAVUcAAUgJM.jpg:large

Way too early to be revealing the next main series title.  I could only see that being the plan if it was a knee-jerk response to the bad press surrounding Sword/Shield... which would be symptomatic of exactly the same kind of rushing that contributed to that game's problems and is precisely what the fandom don't want to see right now.

On the other hand, Home and Sleep and basically anything mobile-related would be pretty yawn-worthy... but that, along with a few Gigantamax reveals, are probably what we're getting.  Worst-case scenario, Let's Go Johto.  Absolute nightmare scenario, Let's Go Johto but the starters are still Pikachu and Eevee.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering Masuda's comments during SwSh's seemed to be painting Game Freak as a victim of a high workload, the fact that SwSh took more manpower than previous games (despite the huge shortcomings) and that Game Freak managed to release Little Town Hero last year anyway, I don't think we'll be seeing a mainline game this year. This Direct will be focused on Home and Sleep. 

pokemon-expansion-pass.jpg?fit=1920,1080

Both games are getting massive DLC in the form of the Sword & Shield Expansion Pass, which add more content to the game without making a third version

English Trailer & Direct

Japanese Trailer

Will post picture later when I have the chance

Love it. Love everything about this. So glad for no more third versions. Literally all the changes that mattered in USM could've been in a DLC pack so I’m glad they’re finally adopting this strategy and now wasting time on separate releases anymore. Actually really excited for this 

Okay so besides the DLC, they're adding in over 200 old Pokémon through "free" updates. Technically these old Pokémon become instantly available in SwSh through the updates, but the only way to obtain then is via trade unless you also buy the DLC which includes new areas in which to find these Pokémon. 

The DLC is, from the sounds of it, akin to two new Wild Areas titled "The Island of Armour" (June 2020) and "The Crown Tundra" (Autumn 2020). They'll include new story elements and characters. Specifically in the Island of Armour there's a dojo wherein you meet Leon's mentor. In the Crown Tundra, you explore Pokémon Dens (and they're more like explorable areas than what you find in the Wild Area currently). Both DLC packs include new legendaries, old Pokémon in the wild, new Gigantamax forms and Galarian forms. Galarian Slowpoke has been revealed, with Galarian Slowbro in Sword and Galarian Slowking in Shield.

I was thinking earlier today about how small SwSh feel, and this DLC only makes me more bitter about that. The Wild Area in SwSh is totaly underdeveloped, and the rest fo the region is seriously lacking in content or areas to explore. Adding DLC on top of that only compounds the feeling that SwSh were rushed out the door with plans to squeeze more money out of the players. That's especially the case for the old Pokémon being added in for free, with a catch. I mean, the DLC looks nice, but I don't want to pay extra for what should have been a part of SwSh from the beginning.

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

Both games are getting massive DLC in the form of the Sword & Shield Expansion Pass

I think it's hilarious that you have to buy it separately for both games. As if Pokémmon wasn't already money-hungry enough!

• Thumbs Up 2

Two new areas larger than the current Wild Area is huge. I hope. They should take full advantage of the concept they have and prove that large open areas can be done right.

I don't see a problem with what they're offering. The returning 'mon can still be transfered in from Home, so it's not like those not buying the expansion are missing out on anything.

It's great to see Game Freak FINALLY moving on from the old "just release a new version with more content" method, but as Blue Blood said, it does make the base game seem that much more rushed.

I may have to wait and see what people say about the first expansion before I can decide if this will finally get me to try SwSh properly.

12 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Galarian Slowpoke has been revealed, with Galarian Slowbro in Sword and Galarian Slowking in Shield.

Actually, it sounded like you can get both evolutions in both games, but the items required are only available in each DLC pack (the item for Slowbro on the Isle of Armour, and the item for Slowking in the Crown Tundra).

While it's a shame that the base Sword/Shield will forever be rushed and undernourished, "new content" as opposed to "what the old content should have been" is probably the way to go, yes, and I'm actually quite intrigued by what they're presenting.  Don't think I'll be grabbing the expansion pass just yet, though; I need to see a bit more.

20 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Actually, it sounded like you can get both evolutions in both games, but the items required are only available in each DLC pack (the item for Slowbro on the Isle of Armour, and the item for Slowking in the Crown Tundra).

Of course. Pokémon are never truly exclusive to one version or another; it's just a matter of which you can obtain natively. This is just the same case as Applin evolving into Flapple or Appletun.

28 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Two new areas larger than the current Wild Area is huge. I hope. They should take full advantage of the concept they have and prove that large open areas can be done right.

This is the kicker. The Wild Area is large in literal terms of space. But as far as content is concerned, it's incredibly barebones. It's doesn't offer up any interesting or fun gameplay that does anything to shake-up or add to the formula. The first time I went through the Wild Area, it definitely felt great to be surrounded by something that seemed so open and full of challenging battles. But in practice, it wasn't anything like that. It's only got 3 connecting cities of interest, one of which being the starting town area that you'll never return to, and the other two are specific story locations. There's nothing to actually do in the Wild Area. There's lots of Wild Pokémon and random items strewn on the ground. That's literally it. It's a glorified route. There's nothing to explore, no new gameplay, no secrets... not even any of the incredibly boring and linear story actually takes place there.

The two new DLC areas sound nice on paper, just as the Wild Area did. I need to see how they actually pan out though, because if they're as linear and light on content as the base game then I'm not sold. I want to know what there actually is to the new dojo, the legendaries and the Dens. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, certainly. That's why I'm saying they need to take full advantage of it. There needs to be a decent number of places to explore in each area with things to be doing in them. The story needs to be a decent length and offer something substantial. The only thing the base Wild Area had that's new or different was... bike time trials. It definitely needed more to do within it and a reason to have existed in the story rather than being a glorified route.