Awoo.

If Sonic was human, how would his spin attack/dash work?

ShadowSJG

I've been wondering this for some time now. How would the spin attack work for a human Sonic? Would he have something else, maybe use his body as a blue streak instead or something?

I think that would be pretty painful unless he has this magic suit that can turn him into a spiky blue ball. Eh.... go ask sonicman.

There are two potential answers and both of them are boring.

1. Sonic as a hedgehog clearly has super abilities since... it's the kind of franchise where the characters have super abilities.  Thus we can assume Sonic the human would also have super abilities and thus he'd perform it in the same way, but it wouldn't be as effective because he doesn't have spikes.

2. If Sonic the human is an ordinary human... the answer is it wouldn't work.

• Thumbs Up 6

11 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

How would the spin attack work for a human Sonic?

Probably the same way Samus can contort her body to do the screw attack.

Mario, who is a human, can do a spin attack so why wouldn't sonic the human do it.

I mean, we already have a fucking fox that can spindash so it's hard to chalk this up as a problem. Anything spinning that fast is bound to cause damage regardless of what they're made of.

• Thumbs Up 4

Long hair.

48DZIky.gif

That's probably more justification than is even necessary given that (as Jez said) it's basically a superpower, or at the very least a cartoony abstraction. It's not like there's all that much reason to how regular old hedgehog Sonic does what he does either; sure, hedgehogs can curl up, but they typically don't roll around at high speeds, smash through robots, or spin in place and then suddenly dash off. Having a human do it is only slightly more ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Probably the same way Samus can contort her body to do the screw attack.

...Heh heh. That makes me giggle.

5 hours ago, Tails spin said:

Mario, who is a human, can do a spin attack so why wouldn't sonic the human do it.

They see him...

pH1chX.gif

They hatin'...

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Maybe this is why Sonic isn't a human.

Actually... There was that one time...

tumblr_nq731n3Zse1skdnnbo1_250.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Geez; these days Sonic is using power-ups.  Mario is rolling into a ball.  If this sort of shit keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Donkey Kong get equipped with King K Rool's blunderbuss before teleporting away.

Based on how cartoon characters roll down hills, I'd say it would work exactly the same but look something like Vector's spin from Knuckles Chaotix.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know how Kano from Mortal Kombat curls up into a ball and somersaults his opponents to death?

Picture that, but with a blue streak. Now you have human Sonic's spin attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

A reminder that there is an official artwork of Sonic as a human drawn by Yuji Uekawa himself.

389.png

It doesn't look like he'd be able to spindash with all those gadgets all over him though.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys forgot about this guy. He looks pretty powerful enough to pull off a spin dash  with no problem with the right momentum.

SonicCDhuman.png

5 hours ago, Acoolsonicfan said:

You guys forgot about this guy. He looks pretty powerful enough to pull off a spin dash  with no problem with the right momentum.

SonicCDhuman.png

I wonder if those memes from Sonic CD were an inspiration for Forces...

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The physics would be all wrong. 

...Somehow that seems really wrong...