Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Sonic 3 Zone Speculation

Sonictrainer

The more I think about it, the more I really want it to be Carnival Night. I'd be delighted with Hydrocity Zone too but I was just playing through Sonic 3 again recently and forgot how much I love that level. The music, gimmicks and art style would be great to see reimagined in  modern sense with new gimmicks added in for Act 2. That said, with the sonic 3 levels, they've got a great selection to choose from and only marble garden Zone would really disappoint me 

Launch Base would be cool. I'd argue it doesn't have to be set on Angel Island since Eggman could always build another one somewhere else, and even if the Death Egg isn't in this, it's not like Eggman couldn't be using it for something else. I mean, he's probably going to have some kind of base in this game and he's known for having flying fortresses.

Alternatively, Launch Base could theoretically lead into Flying Battery or something.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

On 7/27/2017 at 1:43 PM, OcelotBot said:

The art in the booklet looks nothing like Marble Garden.

s3-mgz-objectsimg12.png

In the "Signatures" Section of the book, on the left page there's a sketch of Sonic using the Pulley Wheels from Marble Garden Zone Act 2.

However, I don't think that this necessarily confirms it. For all we know, that could be a part of the Stardust Speedway Zone.

• Nice Smile 1

I definitely don't think this particular piece of concept art is necessarily indicative of anything other than this gimmick appearing in the game, because we've already established that gimmicks from unincluded zones are fair game for being used in zones which are included; we've even already seen this with a Marble Garden gimmick in the Stardust Speedway footage.

• Thumbs Up 2

Give me Hydrocity Zone and I'll be happy, just cus I think it needs more attention as a zone.

8 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

s3-mgz-objectsimg12.png

In the "Signatures" Section of the book, on the left page there's a sketch of Sonic using the Pulley Wheels from Marble Garden Zone Act 2.

However, I don't think that this necessarily confirms it. For all we know, that could be a part of the Stardust Speedway Zone.

I wasn't talking about that piece of concept art which clearly references the gimmick from Marble Garden.

I was actually talking about this image (below) from the booklet which IMO appears to be a brand-new zone and you can see Sonic frozen in a block of ice. It looks like a snow/ice theme stage (there's snow on top of the wall and on the path). My point was that this definitely doesn't look like Marble Garden.

2A9miKl.jpg

As for MG appearing in Mania, I'd have no issue because I like it. Although I still don't thing MG will appear because one of it's gimmicks has been implemented in Stardust Speedway.

• Thumbs Up 1