Dark Qiviut

The Baseball Thread!

3 posts in this topic

Baseball-iStock_000016018188Medium.jpg

(Image credit.)

It's no secret here how much I love baseball! It's easily my most favorite sport. A beautiful, intricate game with a storied history, both good and bad. A game you're guaranteed to never see the same twice.

Talk of all baseball welcome. It can be talking about past and present moments, great players, prospects, international baseball and not simply MLB, updates on trades/free-agent signings, your experience in baseball or experience as a fan, etc.

I've been a fan of baseball for almost twenty years now. The first time I became a devoted fan was during the 1998 playoffs. A few years later, being an underdog fan, I became a Red Sox fan, which I still am today. (Yes, a New Yorker, but devoted Boston fan :lol:). I don't miss the playoffs and watch it fervently.

Out of every game I watched, none made me the most nervous than last year's Game 7 of the World Series. The teams with the two longest droughts — the Cubs and Indians; 1908 vs. 1948 — fought to win it for the first time in at least 68 years. Despite a 5-1, CHC lead, it felt close. Rajai Davis's homer turned Game 7 into an instant classic. But nine innings wasn't enough.

It took a 17-minute rain delay, a speech from Jason Heyward, a Cub rally, and a save from Mike Montgomery to end the longest drought in North American sports:

On 6/19/2017 at 3:01 PM, Mayor D said:

Nats at Marlins today, any predictions?

Fish won yesterday, Nats today. So, series split at 1 apiece.

Right now, the most anticipated series is confined to the Mountain Time Zone: D'backs/Rockies. In a really fun game tonight, Colorado came back to win, 4-3, against ace Zack Greinke. Nolan Arenado's 2-run triple sealed it.

I don't know who'll win the division, but it'll be fun to watch. :D